Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Almojuela • Ananong • Asuncion (Pob.) • Batohonan • Begonia • Botinagan • Buenavista • Burgos • Del Pilar • Mabini • Magsaysay • Ogbong • Osmeña • Pedro Vera (Summit) • Peñafrancia (Pob.) • Quezon • Quirino (Abugan) • Rizal • Roxas • Sagrada • San Isidro (Pob.) • San Jose Oco • San Jose Poblacion • San Pedro (Pob.) • San Roque (Pob.) • San Vicente (Pob.) • Santa Rosa • Soboc • Tambongon • Tinago • Villa Aurora
Seal of Viga Municipality
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Catanduanes|
Location of Viga within Catanduanes Philippines
Viga Municipality Hall
Please upload picture
- Viga has a total of 31 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Viga as of (2010) = 12,251
- Viga is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Catanduanes.
- Population of Viga (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 19,266
- Land Area of Viga (as of 2007, in hectares) = 15,823
- Viga is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Viga is in the Catanduanes island province and within Region V – Bicol Region.
Geography of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Geography of Viga
Location of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Viga is located ....
History of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
The beginning of Viga
People of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Total Population of Viga
Local Government Unit LGU of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Viga for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Viga: OLFINDO, GORDON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Viga: TUQUERO, YOLANDO (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Councilors of Viga:
- CERVANTES, CESAR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5337 7.15%
- TUPLANO, JENNIFER INDEPENDENT 5072 6.80%
- LITONG, GOMER (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 4477 6.00%
- VILLANUEVA, DOMINGO INDEPENDENT 4207 5.64%
- VILLAMARTIN, BOYET (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4184 5.61%
- BALIDOY, JOSEVAN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 3862 5.17%
- GUERRERO, CALOY INDEPENDENT 3848 5.16%
- TORROCHA, KIKO INDEPENDENT 3837 5.14%
- Elected officials of Viga for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Viga: Abelardo Mendoza Abundo Sr.
- Vice-Mayor of Viga: Emeterio Manlangit Tarin
- Councilors of Viga:
Barangays Elected Officials of Viga, Catanduanes
Businesses in Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Viga.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Viga
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Viga, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your school in Viga can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Viga you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Viga, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Viga in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Viga. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Viga landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Viga.
Your Story about Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Tell your story about Viga. You can talk about the good things in Viga or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Viga. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Sports News of Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Viga? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Viga? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Viga.
- Milo run about building champs’ lives
- Monday, July 28, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Milo Marathon, now on its 38th year, prides itself as the country’s biggest, longest-running and most prestigious footrace.
- It carries the slogan, “Helping Build Champions.”
- Well, there’s more to the Milo Marathon than just building champions because winners can attest to the fact that it’s here to help build lives ............................ Full Story»
News and Events
- Aquino: The Filipino is worth living for
- Monday, July 28, 2014 5:52 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – President Benigno Aquino III held back tears as he assured the nation that he has remained true to the legacy of his parents –the late Senator Benigno Aquino Jr. and former president Corazon Aquino.
- During his fifth State of the Nation (Sona) address on Monday, Aquino quoted his father’s famous line: “The Filipino is worth dying for.” ........................ Full Story»
- ASEAN lauds Philippines for early warning on 'Glenda'
- Sunday, July 27, 2014
- MANILA, July 27 -- Malacanang said the government will continue to prioritize uplifting the lives of the people following the release of UN Development Report that assesses income, education and life expectancy of the nation.
- "When it comes to that, it’s really in continuing to invest in human capital," Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in an interview on Saturday over dzRB Radyo ng Bayan ........................ Full Story»
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Viga.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Viga, Catanduanes, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Catanduanes, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Viga, Catanduanes, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.