Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Tandag City, in the Surigao del Sur province in Region 13 in the Republic of The Philippines
Awasian • Bagong Lungsod • Bioto • Bongtod • Buenavista • Dagocdoc • Mabua • Mabuhay • Maitum • Maticdum • Pandanon • Pangi • Quezon • Rosario • Salvacion • San Agustin Norte • San Agustin Sur • San Antonio • San Isidro • San Jose • Telaje
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Tandag City is capital city of Agusan Del Sur and located on the northeastern coast of Mindanao Island facing the Philippine Sea. It is bounded on the north by the municipalities of Lanuza and Cortes, on the east by the Philippine sea, on the south by the towns of Tago and San Miguel, and on the west by the province of Agusan Del Sur.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Surigao del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Barobo • Bayabas • Cagwait • Cantilan • Carmen • Carrascal • Cortes • Hinatuan • Lanuza • Lianga • Lingig • Madrid • Marihatag • San Agustin • San Miguel • Tagbina • Tago
Cities in the Province of Surigao del Sur: Bislig City • Tandag (Capital)
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of Tandag City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tandag City|
Map Locator of Tandag City
Location of Surigao del Sur
Tandag City Hall
Please Upload Picture
Geography of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Tandag City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 29,173
Location of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Tandag City is one of the municipalities in Surigao del Sur.
- Surigao del Sur is in the island of mindanao and within Region_XIII
Tandag City is located on the northeastern coast of Mindanao Island facing the Philippine Sea. It is bounded on the north by the municipalities of Lanuza and Cortes, on the east by the Philippine sea, on the south by the towns of Tago and San Miguel, and on the west by the province of Agusan Del Sur. It is located 448 nautical miles from Manila and 150 nautical miles from Cebu. The distance from Surigao City in the north to Tandag is around 200 kilometers and 331 kilometers is the distance from Davao City in the south.
History of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- The article below was copied verbatim from Wikipedia:
Before the Spaniards came, the aborigines of the province were the Mamanua and Manobo. Later, our Austronesian brothers from the Visayas came to settle with the natives. It was with the arrival of the immigrants that the province acquired its name from one of the natives, Saliagao, who lived near the mouth of the river.The name Saliagao was later pronounced Surigao by the inhabitants.
It is also said that long time ago, some Visayan fishermen forced by the strong current of the Surigao Strait, sought refuge in one of the huts somewhere in the province. The Mamanua who thought that these fishermen wanted to occupy the hut by force said “Agaw”, the term which was later given a prefix “Suri” by an immigrant.
Surigao formerly, was extended from what is known as Agusan, including the islands east of it and the northern regions of Davao and the capital of the province that time was Caraga and so the Spaniards called the people Caragas.
The aborigines of Surigao del Sur were a conglomeration and mixture of different racial types, namely: Mandaya, Mamanua, Mansaka and Manobo. These racial groups were of Malayan-Indonesian ancestry which took place thousand years ago. In the course of their migration, these primitive nomads were believed to have separated their ways in some portions of the archipelago in a spirit of adventure and search for food (i.e., during the pleisto scene of the glacial ages). It was believed further that they first settled in the northern island of the country who later took their bancas and reach the shores of Mindanao particularly in the Provinces of Surigao and Davao. They scattered among themselves in spots either in pairs or by family clans, retaining their own customs, dialects and ways of life.
There was no trace of exact dates and places of arrival. But it was known that this group of people were very nomadic and were the remnants of the present Mamanua and Manobo found in the wilderness of the northern part of Davao bordering the Province of Surigao. Their migratory movement was said to have come from the hinterlands of Agusan and along the foothills of western and southern part of Surigao del Sur. It was pointed out that the cause of migration was due to famine and occurrence of death from diseases believed caused by evil spirits.
The Province of Surigao del Sur was created as the 56th Philippine province on June 19, 1960 by virtue of RA 2786 and was formally organized or separated from its mother province, Surigao del Norte, on September 18, 1960.
At the time of its inception, it was classified as 4th Class province with an annual income of over P300,000.00. Seven years later, because of rapid increase of revenue collection particularly from the logging ventures, it has been reclassified as Ist Class B and in 1980 as Ist Class A with an estimated annual income of around P13,000,000.00. Presently, it is reclassified as 2nd Class with a revenueadding up to P315,888,300.63.
Honorable Recaredo B. Castillo was the appointed Governor and subsequently elected Governor and Honorable Vicente L. Pimentel as the first elected Congressman. Hon. Vicente T. Pimentel, Jr. is the eighth and incumbent Provincial Executive.
Originally the province had 13 municipalities. In subsequent years, six more were added raising the number to 19 with Tandag as the capital. Now, two of its municipalities have been elevated to cities; the first was Bislig City. In 2007 Tandag was granted cityhood but it was nullified via a controversial decision by the Supreme Court a year later. In 2009, Tandag would get back its city status after the SC reversed its own ruling on December 22, 2009.
People of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Tandag City Population : (as of Aug 1, 2007): 50,459
- Registered Voters (2009): 30,793
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Tandag City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Tandag City: PIMENTEL, ROXANNE - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Tandag City: Ruel Darvin Momo - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Tandag City:
- PIMENTEL, TOPING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 16877 8.62%
- TAN, DENIS (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 16096 8.22%
- BONIAO, HYNA JEAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 12546 6.41%
- MONTESCLAROS, LERRY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10369 5.30%
- FALCON, IMELDA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9777 5.00%
- URBIZTONDO, DODONG (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9772 4.99%
- ANDRESAN, ANDREI INDEPENDENT 9702 4.96%
- GELI, REY-VIC (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 9134 4.67%
- CANTALEJO, FREDO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 8229 4.20%
- PILONGO, SELDIO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7722 3.95%
- Elected officials of Tandag City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Tandag City: Alexander Ty Pimentel
- Vice-Mayor of Tandag City: Rosario N Gamulo Dumagan II
- Councilors of Tandag City:
Barangay Elected Officials of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur
Businesses in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Tandag City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Tandag City
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Tandag City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Tandag City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tandag City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Tandag City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Tandag City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Tandag City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Tandag City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Tandag City" page.
Natural Resources of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tandag City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tandag City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Tandag City landmarks here.
- Places of Interest
- Twin islands of Linungao
- Mangcagangi Island
- Busay Falls
- Provincial Capitol
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tandag City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Phl joins celebration of International Women's Day
- Sunday, March 8, 2014 6:32 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang on Saturday recognized the contribution of Filipino women to nation-building as the Philippines joins the global celebration of the International Women's Day.
- "Ngayon taon, kinikilala natin ang kababaihang Pilipina na naging katalista ng pagbabago at nagpapakita ng kakaibang tapang, katatagan, kalinga at pagmamahal sa kani-kanilang pamilya at pamayanan sa gitna ng unos at trahedya na puminsala sa ating bansa noong nakaraang taon," said Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. in a report by the state news agency ..................... Full Story»
- Index hurdles 6,500-mark to hit 4-month high
- Saturday, March 7, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The strong performance of local companies and less anxieties over Ukraine pushed the main stock index to a four-month high yesterday.
- The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index jumped 0.94 percent or 60.68 points to 6,516.82, its best closing since ending at 6,519.58 on Nov. 5. The broader All Shares index gained 0.75 percent or 29.15 points to 3,910.63 ..................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- PH Polo Open title up for grabs
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:01 am
- THE thrill, spill and frenetic chases in the first Philippine Polo Open 2014 reach its climax tomorrow when Globalport Pilipinas and San Miguel Corporation clash in a one-game face-off at the Manila Polo Club.
- A throng of fabulous spectators who love to watch athletes competing atop lovely horses, also known as The Sport of Kings, is expected to witness the hard and exhilarating action in the exclusive playground of the rich and famous with Globalport of Mikee Romero hoping to pull the rug from under the favored squad of Iñigo Zobel. .................... Full Story»
Your Story about Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Tandag City. You can talk about the good things in Tandag City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Tandag City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tandag City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tandag City, Surigao del Sur Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Surigao del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.