Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
Barangays of Tanauan City, in the Batangas Province within Region 4-A within the Republic of The Philippines
Altura Bata • Altura Matanda • Altura-South • Ambulong • Bagbag • Bagumbayan • Balele • Banadero • Banjo East • Banjo Laurel • Bilog-bilog • Boot • Cale • Darasa • Gonzales • Hidalgo • Janopol • Janopol Oriental • Laurel • Luyos • Mabini • Malaking Pulo • Maria Paz • Maugat • Montaña • Natatas • Pagaspas • Pantay Bata • Pantay Matanda • Poblacion Barangay 1 • Poblacion Barangay 2 • Poblacion Barangay 3 • Poblacion Barangay 4 • Poblacion Barangay 5 • Poblacion Barangay 6 • Poblacion Barangay 7 • Sala • Sambat • San Jose • Santol • Santor • Sulpoc • Suplang • Talaga • Tinurik • Trapiche • Ulango • Wawa
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Tanauan City is in the Batangas province and within Region_IV-A - Calabarzon in the island of luzon.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Batangas Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Agoncillo | Alitagtag | Balayan | Balete | Bauan | Calaca | Calatagan | Cuenca | Ibaan | Laurel | Lemery | Lian | Lobo | Mabini | Malvar | Mataasnakahoy | Nasugbu | Padre Garcia | Rosario | San Jose | San Juan | San Luis | San Nicolas | San Pascual | Santa Teresita | Santo Tomas | Taal | Talisay | Taysan | Tingloy | Tuy
Cities in the province of Batangas: Batangas City (Capital) | Lipa City | Tanauan City
Seal of Tanauan City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Tanauan City, Batangas|
Tanauan City, Batangas
Batangas Province, Philippines
City Hall of Tanauan City, Batangas
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
|Iglesia ni Cristo in Darasa, Tanauan City|
|Catholic Church in the barangay of Luyos|
- Tanauan City has a total of 48 barangays
- Registered Voters of Tanauan City as of (2010) = 81,029
- Population of Tanauan City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 142,537
- Land Area of Tanauan City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,716
- Tanauan City is a 2nd class Component Urban City.
- Tanauan City is in the Batangas province and within Region_IV-A - Calabarzon in the island of luzon.
Geography of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
The City of Tanauan has a total land area of 10,716 square kilometers. The soil types are: loam, lipa loam, lipa loam deep phase, tagaytay sandy loam and taal loam which will make the place conducive to agricultural production.
As per comprehensive land use plan, zones are classified as built-up industrial, tourism, forest, agricultural, cemeteries, dumping site and roads. The urban areas account to 18.5 hectares while rural areas are close to 2,373 hectares.
Location of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- 14.0833° N, 121.1500° E - Tanauan, Batangas, Coordinates
Tanauan is located on the northeastern part of Batangas province. It is bounded on the north of Laguna, northwest by the municipality of Malvar, southwest by the shores of Taal Lake, and in the east by the municipality of Sto. Tomas.
The city is composed of 48 barangays, 7 of which are in the Poblacion, with a total land area of 10,716 hectares. The Poblacion is located on the southeastern border of the city and is traverses by the Pres. J.P. Laurel Highway linking Tanauan to manila on the north for about 68 kilometers and to Batangas City on the south for 45 kilometers.
History of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- article from local government of Tanauan: www.tanauancity.gov.ph
The Town of Tanauan was founded on its present location in 1754, having been transferred from the fringe of Taal Lake where it was originally situated. It is generally believed that Tanauan, together with Sala was originally founded in 1572 by the Augustinian missionaries who built mission at the shore of the Lake known as Bonbon (now Taal). The town, however, was totally destroyed during the most impressive and catastrophic historically recorded eruption of Taal Volcano in 1754. together with the Community of Sala, the residents of Tanauan were relocated to safer places. Tanauan moved to Bañadero, then to its present location. Sala, on the other hand, transferred from its original site to where it is located. Sala subsequently became the barangay of Tanauan.
Tanaueños have displayed characteristics of personal independence of personal independence and nationalism since early history. The town is called the cradle of noble heroes due to its contribution to the revolutionary movement of its sons Apolinario Mabini, the brains of Katipunan, and later by the great statesman Pres. Jose P. Laurel. Also, three Tanaueños served as governors of Batangas, namely: Jose P. Laurel V, Modesto Castillo, and Nicolas Gonzales.
The seats of the city government of Tanauan was established in the present site in March 1960. Prior to this time, the municipal offices occupied a concrete building in the eastern end of Mabini Avenue at the Poblacion, fronted by the present Catholic Church and the Modesto Castillo Cultural Center. The old municipal building which destroyed during the world War II was reconstructed and no housed the city library, social hall, and city museum.
What’s in a name? there are two versions of how Tanauan got its name.
In the first version, some people believe that Tanauan derived its name from the Tagalog term “tanaw” meaning to look after through the window. This is based on a fortress which had a watchtower built by the Augustian friars and natives. The watchtower allowed them to monitor incoming “champans” or boats entering through the Pansipit river, which were either traders or pirates. From this tower, one can have a clear view (tanaw) of the lake and of the vast plains and rolling hills.
The other version, supported by a research study of the National Historical Commission, says that the town was named after a shrub called “tanawa” which grew abundantly in the area and on the sides of “Lake Bonbon” during the towns early history.
People of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- Population of Tanauan as of 2010 census: 152,393
As of 2000, the population of Tanauan was 117,539 with an annual growth rate of 2.68%. Total number of house holds was 21, 912. population density was 1.096 persons per square kilometer. By the year 2005, population is estimated to reach 134,156.
The people are dominantly tagalog with Malay as its native root, while English language is used as medium of communication in business and education. With the passage of time, a mixture of various folks and mores migrated to the city.
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
Elected government officials of Tanauan City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Tanauan City: HALILI, ANTONIO
- Vice-Mayor of Tanauan City: Jhoanna De Chavez Corona
- Councilors of Tanauan City:
- TRINIDAD, HERMAN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 27483 6.23%
- Benedicto C. Corona LIBERAL PARTY 27444 6.22%
- Marissa Maranan Tabing LIBERAL PARTY 27010 6.13%
- CANOBAS, GILEEN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 26534 6.02%
- Epimaco Recillo Magpantay NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 25551 5.79%
- CASTILLO, JOSEPH (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 23635 5.36%
- Marcial Velasquez Goguanco Jr. LIBERAL PARTY 23377 5.30%
- Marcelo Eric Olfato Manglo LIBERAL PARTY 23312 5.29%
- Wilfredo Natanauan Luna LIBERAL PARTY 21000 4.76%
- Angel V. Atienza LIBERAL PARTY 20845 4.73%
Elected government officials of Tanauan City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Sonia Torres Aquino
- Vice-Mayor:Julius Caesar Gamilla Platon II
- Elected Officials of the City of Tanauan for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Sonia Torres Aquino
- Vice-Mayor: Julius Caesar Gamilla Platon II
- City Councillors:
Barangays Elected Officials of Tanauan City, Batangas
Businesses in Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Tanauan City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roman catholic constitute the dominant sect in the city with Protestants, Iglesia ni Cristo, Born again Christians and other Evangelical Churches forming the minority denominations.
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here.
We can even provide you with a free webpage. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can help you.
Schools in Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Tanauan City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
Major crops such as vegetables, coconuts, sugarcanes, fruits, corns, rice and root crops abundantly grow and produced in the agricultural areas.
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Tanauan City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Tanauan City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Tanauan City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Tanauan City" page.
Natural Resources of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Tanauan City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Tanauan City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Tanauan City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Tanauan City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Moody’s sees strong loan growth in PH
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:42 am
- Bank lending growth in the Philippines will continue to outpace the rest of the region given the strong demand from both businesses and households, even as financing becomes more expensive in the coming months.
- Debt watcher Moody’s Investor Service, which has a “stable” outlook for Philippine banks, said the domestic economy’s bright prospects would drive loan demand ........ Full Story»
- Philippine firms among strongest in disaster risk management in region
- Monday, November 23, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines’ private sector is one of the most advanced in Asia when it comes to disaster risk management, but its citizens are at the bottom in terms of awareness on disaster preparedness.
- an interview, United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) Private Sector Advisory Group member Hans Sy told The STAR that Philippine firms are among the strongest in disaster risk reduction and management in the region ........ Full Story»
- Festivals and Events in May
Pattaraday Festival-May 1–5(Santiago city) ★ Katagman Festival - May 3(Oton,Iloilo) ★ Panagat Festival-May 2–8 (Buruanga, Aklan) ★ Binatbatan Festival of the Arts - First week of May, Vigan City ★ Obando Fertility Rites - May 17, 18 & 19 Obando, Bulacan ★ Domorokdok Festival-May 4 Botolan Zambales ★ Bariw Festival- May 14–15 Nabas, Aklan ★ Pahiyas Festival - May 15, Lucban, Quezon ★ Agawan Festival - May 15, Sariaya, Quezon ★ Araquio Festival - May, Gen.Tinio, Nueva Ecija ★ Pasayahan sa Lucena (St. Ferdinand) -May 30, Lucena, Philippines ★ Samahang Bulaklakan Festival - Last Sunday of May, Siniloan, Laguna ★ Tapusan Float Parade Festival - May 31, Alitagtag, Batangas ★ Festivity of Saint Michael - May 7–8 San Miguel, Panganiban, Catanduanes [Louie B. dela Cruz] ★ Binirayan Festival - May 1, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique ★ Araña`t Baluarte Festival- May 15 Gumaca, Quezon ★ Pista ng Banal na Krus- Every 2nd Saturday of May, Tanza, Navotas City ★ Pangisraan Festival- May 1–10 Calatrava, Romblon ★ Ati-atihan Festival - Last Saturday of May - Brgy. 7, Fermont Village, Victorias City, Neg. Occ. ★ Pastulan Festival- Every 2nd Saturday of May. San Pascual, Batangas
- Mare, 2 others top ABC monthly
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Greg Mare of WE Konstruct scored a 1059 to bag the Group C crown while William Kang of Consnet Builders and Lito Zubiri of Boysen Paints took the Groups A and B titles in the Architects Bowling Club’s Monthly Championships at the E-Lanes in Ortigas, San Juan City.
- Kang turned in an 1163 to edge Boysen Paints’ Jerry Canuday, who shot 1161, and Dante Manglicmot of Emerald Pipes placed third with a 1139. Zubiro made a 1179 to dominate Violy Magsakay of Boysen Paints (1102), and Romy de Jesus of Philflex (1098) ................................ Full Story»
Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Your Story about Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Tanauan City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Tanauan City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Tanauan City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Batangas, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Tanauan City, Batangas, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.