Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangays of Talisay City, in the Cebu province within Region 7 in the Republic of The Philippines
Biasong | Bulacao | Camp IV | Cadulawan | Cansojong | Dumlog | Jaclupan | Lagtang | Lawaan I | Lawaan II | Lawaan III | Linao | Maghaway | Manipis | Mohon | Poblacion | Pooc | San Isidro | San Roque | Tabunoc | Tangke | Tapul
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities (44) in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities (9) in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Talisay City Cebu
|Talisay City within The Province of Cebu|
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
City Hall of Talisay City Cebu
City Hall of Talisay City Cebu
- Talisay City has a total of 22 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Talisay City as of (2010) = 94,156
- Population of Talisay City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 179,359
- Land Area of Talisay City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 3,987
- Talisay City is a 3rd class Component City and Urban.
- Talisay City is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Location of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- 10.2439° N, 123.8333° E - Talisay City, Coordinates
- View Talisay City with Google Satellite Map
- Talisay City is in the island province of Cebu that’s within Region VII in the central visayas area.
History of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
The beginning of Talisay City
People of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Talisay City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 179,359
- Talisay City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 103,106
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Talisay for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Talisay City: DE LOS REYES, JVR - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Talisay City: VILLARANTE, ROMEO - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Talisay City:
- CABALLERO, DANNY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 42279 7.74%
- YLANAN, VAL (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 38262 7.00%
- AZNAR, RICHARD (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 36373 6.66%
- FERNANDEZ, SOC (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 33739 6.18%
- ALESNA, EDWARD (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 33222 6.08%
- BASILLOTE, DENNIS (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 32767 6.00%
- DIAZ, ALDIN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 30862 5.65%
- BACALTOS, ANTONIO JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 30704 5.62%
- EMIT, DOROTEO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 30592 5.60%
- GULLAS, EDUARDO III (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 29754 5.45%
- Elected officials of Talisay for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Socrates Cabigas Fernandez
- Vice-Mayor: Alan Genson Bucao
Barangays Elected Officials of Talisay City, Cebu
Businesses in Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale in Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Talisay City, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Talisay City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Talisay City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Talisay City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Talisay City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Talisay City" page.
Natural Resources of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Talisay City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Talisay City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Talisay City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Talisay City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Philippine bourse closes higher on positive European market expectations
- Monday, January 26, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The euphoria from last week's development in Europe trickled down today's session, solidifying the Philippine stock market's rally above the 7,500 level.
- The bellwether Philippine Stock Exchange index inched closer to the 7,600 level as it finished Monday's session at 7,586.67, 0.50 percent or 37.74 points higher from the previous session's close ......................... Full Story»
- Exports seen to fuel Philippines GDP growth to 6.3% in Q4 – Barclays
- Sunday, January 25, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Philippine economic growth could accelerate to 6.3 percent in the fourth quarter on improved exports data, UK-based investment bank Barclays said.
- “With exports improving in November-December amid stable domestic demand, we expect growth to improve in Q4,” the bank said in its latest Emerging Markets Weekly report ......................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- World champ holds jet ski seminar
- Monday, January 26, 2015 12:01 am
- AMERICAN World Jet Ski champion Chris MacCluggage is in town to conduct jet ski racing clinics in key cities through the invitation of the sport’s local governing body Jet Sports Association of the Philippines.
- After kicking off his tour in General Santos City, MacCluggage brings his jet ski racing clinic to Cebu on Jan. 26 and 27 and winds up his Philippine visit in Subic on Jan. 28 and 29 ................................ Full Story»
Your Story about Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015: LE Tour de Filipinas (LtDF) breaks decades of summer tradition but returns to a familiar and historic culminating stage as it holds its sixth edition in 2015, highlighting 60 years of the Tour in the country. From the traditional schedule that made the Tour the country’s summer sports spectacle on wheels for two generations, the 2015 LtDF kicks off February 1 and ends February 4 again atop the Cordilleras at the Burnham Park in Baguio City. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Talisay City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Talisay City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.