Sorsogon Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Sorsogon Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Barcelona | Bulan | Bulusan | Casiguran | Castilla | Donsol | Gubat | Irosin | Juban | Magallanes | Matnog | Pilar | Prieto Diaz | Santa Magdalena
Cities in the Province of Sorsogon: Sorsogon City (Capital)
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of the Province of Sorsogon
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Sorsogon|
Location of Sorsogon within the Philippines
Welcome Arch Province of Sorsogon
Provincial Capitol Building of Sorsogon
Saint peter and paul cathedral sorsogon
Mt. Balusan, A dormant volcano in Sorsogon
Province of Sorsogon, Philippines
- Sorsogon has 14 Municipalities, 1 City and 541 Barangays.
- Sorsogon is within Region V and is a 2nd Class province with 14 Municipalities, 1 City and 541 Barangays.
Location of Sorsogon, Philippines
- article copied verbatim from : http://www.tourism.gov.ph/
The province of Sorsogon on the north extends westward from 124° to 123° longitude and on the north-south axis from 120° to 130° north latitude. Forming a triangle shape, it is bounded on the north by the province of Albay and Albay Gulf, on the south by Samar and San Bernardino strait; on the east by the Pacific Ocean, and on the west by Burias Island and Ticao Pass.
Sorsogon is situated at the southernmost tip of Luzon. As a part of the gateway to the Visayas and Mindanao, the province is a melting pot of cultures and influences. From its earliest days as a trading post frequented by Chinese and Malay merchants, Sorsogon has evolved into a center of trade and commerce in the Bicol Region.
Sorsogon offers the visitor a wide variety of diversions from scuba diving to snorkeling, sport fishing, swimming, boating, island hopping, mountain climbing, biking, hiking, spelunking, or just simply touching base with nature. The tourist, too, can revel in Sorsogon’s pageantry and celebration during its numerous festivals and fiestas, and experience its rich cultural heritage.
In Sorsogon, you will never run out of things to do, sights to see, places to explore, folk celebrations to join and enjoy. This is Sorsogon, the Land of Kasaggayahan – a land of peace and serenity, and happy, hospitable people.
History of Sorsogon, Philippines
- article copied verbatim from wikipedia:
In 1570 two Augustinian friars, Alonzon Jiménez and Juan Orta, accompanied by a certain captain, Enrique de Guzmán, reached Hibalong, a small fishing village near the mouth of Ginangra River, and planted the cross and erected the first chapel in Luzon.
It was from this village that Ibalong, referring to the whole region, came to be. Moving inland with a northwesterly direction they passed by the territory now known as Pilar, before they reached Camalig, Albay. The establishment of the Abucay-Catamlangan Mission later was ample proof of this The early towns established here were: Gibalon in 1570 (now sitio of Magallanes); Casiguran -1600; Bulusan – 1631; Pilar – 1635; Donsol – 1668; Bacon – 1764; Juban and Matnog - 1800; Bulan - 1801; Castilla – 1827; Magallanes – 1860; Sorsogon – 1866 and Irosin – 1880. The province was eventually separated from Albay on October 17, 1894 and adopted the name Sorsogon. The town of Sorsogon was also selected as its capital.
On 1935 Philippine Constitutional convention, Sorsogon had its own delegates. They were Adolfo Grafilo, Francisco Arellano, José S. Reyes, and Mario Guarino.
People of Sorsogon, Philippines
- Sorsogon Population (as of 2010 Census) = 740,743
- Sorsogon Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 709,673
- Sorsogon Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 347,488
- Elected officials of Sorsogon for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Sorsogon: Raul Rodrigueza Lee - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Sorsogon: Antonio Hatoc Escudero Jr. - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- House Representatives of Sorsogon:
- 1st District: ESCUDERO, NANAY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- 2nd District: Deogracias Bañares Ramos Jr. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Elected officials of Sorsogon for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Sorsogon: Raul Rodrigueza Lee
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Sorsogon: Antonio Hatoc Escudero Jr.
- House Representatives of Sorsogon:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Sorsogon for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Bohol for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Sorsogon for the term of 2007-2010
Businesses in Sorsogon, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Sorsogon.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Sorsogon
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Sorsogon, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Sorsogon, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Sorsogon here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Sorsogon here.
- List the Methodist churches in Sorsogon here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Sorsogon here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Sorsogon here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Sorsogon here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Sorsogon here.
- List the Baptist churches in Sorsogon here.
Schools in Sorsogon, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Sorsogon can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Sorsogon, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Sorsogon you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Sorsogon, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Sorsogon, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Sorsogon Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Sorsogon, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Sorsogon, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Sorsogon in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Sorsogon. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Sorsogon landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Sorsogon, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Sorsogon.
- President Aquino sees 2015 a banner year for Philippine economy
- Sunday, September 21, 2014
- PARIS, France, Sep 21 -- Given the unprecedented investor confidence enjoyed by the Philipppines, President Benigno S. Aquino III on Thursday said he expects 2015 to be a banner year for the country.
- Speaking before a forum organized by the French Institute for International Relations here, President Aquino said all the factors needed to allow the country to build the momentum are already in place ........................ Full Story»
- Germany, Philippines ink trade, social security, training agreements
- Saturday, September 20, 2014 4:55 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Bilateral relations between the Philippines and Germany expanded Friday as leaders forge agreements in trade, social security and technical training.
- At the press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the Federal Chancellery, Aquino announced the signing of an agreement on trade cooperation between the two nations through exchange of drafts formally establishing the German-Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Manila ........................ Full Story»
- Banigued, Lavandia bag bronze in Asia Masters
- Sunday, September 21, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Margarito Banigued placed third in the men’s 5,000m walk while former javelin champion Erlinda Lavandia also produced a bronze in hammer throw at the start of the 18th Asia Masters Athletics Championships in Kitakami City, Iwate Prefecture in Japan last Friday.
- Banigued, a middle distance runner during the Gintong Alay days, turned in a 32-minute, 38.57-second clocking in a field of 42 in the 55-years-old category to deliver the first medal for Team Philippines before Lavandia surprised the field with a third place finish in hammer throw (21.27 meters) in women’s 60-64 years-old section ............................. Full Story»
Sorsogon Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|4709||Sta. Magdalena||Sorsogon Province|
|4711||Prieto Diaz||Sorsogon Province|
Sorsogon, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Sorsogon.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Sorsogon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Sorsogon Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.