Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Siocon, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Andres Micubo Jr. • Balagunan • Bucana • Bulacan • Candiz • Datu Sailila • Dionisio Riconalla • Jose P. Brillantes, Sr. • Latabon • Makiang • Malambuhangin • Malipot • Manaol • Mateo Francisco • Matiag • New Lituban • Pangian • Pisawak • Poblacion • S. Cabral • Santa Maria • Siay • Suhaile Arabi • Tabayo • Tagaytay • Tibangao
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Seal of Siocon
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Mncplty, Prvnce|
Siocon within Zamboanga del Norte
Zamboanga del Norte within the Philippines
Welcome Arch of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time. Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipality Hall of Siocon
- Siocon has a total of 26 barangays
- Registered Voters of Siocon as of (2010) = 20,357
- Siocon is in the 3rd Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population (as of 2010 Census) = 41,637
- Land Area of Siocon (as of 2007, in hectares) = 50,320
- Siocon is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Siocon is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
- ORCHIDS - SIOCON MUNICIPAL FLOWER
On September 2, 1991, the Legislative Body of this municipality passed and adopted a resolution adopting ORCHIDS as the Municipal Flower. It symbolizes oneness. ORCHIDS Flower is composed of white flowers and green leaves which represent the female populace. Aside from this, it is a common flower found in this locality.
- MUNICIPAL TREE
Narra is our national tree, red and white in color is the municipal tree. It represents the male populace. It could be found in the forested area of Siocon. Narra Timber is commonly found in this municipality and are commonly used as materials in building houses, furnitures, etc.
Geography of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Siocon Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 50,320
- Siocon, Coordinates: 7.7000° N, 122.1333° E
Location of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Siocon is in the Zamboanga del Norte province.
- Zamboanga del Norte is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
- Siocon borders Sulu Sea to the west, Sirawai to the south, Baliguian to the north, and the province of Sibugay to the east.
- Siocon is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
History of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Ancient relics discovered and attested to the fact that this municipality has been inhabited long before the coming of the Spaniards. Some of these links to the past where China wares were excavated at Kayatian Hill where a church facade was also found by the early settlers. These settlers are farmers raising such staple crops as rice, corn, camotes and other products such as abaca and coconut. It is evident that the first settlers were the Subanons, Maguindanaos and Kalibugans who occupied the hinterlands while the Tausog lived and settled along the shorelines.
The inhabitants of this municipality considered Port Sta. Maria as historical spot whereby Spaniards made their headquarters during the Spanish time.
The local Government of Siocon attained its status as regular Local Government Unit on December 23, 1936 by virtue of Executive Order No. 77 issued by the Department of Interior, Manila. However, the creation of Siocon as a municipality duly acknowledged by the people was March 10, 1937. Henceforth, "Araw ng Siocon" is celebrated every 10th of March of each year. Prior to the creation into an independent municipality, Siocon was a part of the municipality district of Sibuco where the president, the forerunner of the Municipality Mayor held office.
In December 18, 1989, pursuant to Batas Pambansa Bilang101, seven (7) northern barangays were separated and was formed into another municipality named Baliguian.
The first appointed Municipal Mayor of Siocon was the late Dionisio E. Riconalla. The first elected Municipal Mayor was the late Justiniano P. Miranda on 1938-1941 and in the election that ensued, then Dionisio E. Reconalla was elected and lay his dedicated service as Municipality Mayor from 1942-1946. After the liberation of independence, service of local Chief Executive was elected as follows, namely; Gregorio Alano, 1947-1951; Genaro Campaner, 1952-1956, Andres L. Micubo, Sr. 1957-1960, Angel B. Brillantes, 1961-1975 and Dr. Bernardo B. Cabral, from 1976 to April, 1986. Prior to the election, just after the EDSA Revolution, the former Chief of Police, Isabelo G. Torrefranca was appointed as Office-In-Charge. For two months before the 1988 election, Bonifacio Canama was appointed Officer-In-Charge. The election in 1988, Mrs. Jesus R. Pastor was proclaimed the winner and she finished her three terms until May 31, 1998. The 1998 Local election proclaimed Municipal Mayor Ceasar C. Soriano as the incumbent Municipal Mayor. (article copied verbatim from: www.nscb.gov.ph/)
People of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Siocon Population (as of 2010 Census) = 41,637
- Siocon Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 41,221
- Siocon Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 20,357
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Siocon for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Siocon: Julius Saturinas Lobrigas - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Siocon: Nathaniel Barroca Usin, Jr. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Siocon:
- LOBRIGAS, BONIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2450 9.05%
- CARDENAS, NONOY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2319 8.56%
- ARABI, EMIR (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 2303 8.51%
- GUARDARAMA, JOVI (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 1811 6.69%
- GARCIA, JOSEPH (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 1766 6.52%
- ESMALI, KARON (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1671 6.17%
- DEL ROSARIO, ARSENIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1523 5.62%
SANGKULA, MUIN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 1403 5.18%
- Elected officials of Siocon for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Siocon: Ceasar Canama Soriano
- Vice-Mayor of Siocon: Perliza Ruizol Soriano
- Councilors of Siocon:
- Elected officials of Siocon for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Perliza Ruizol Soriano
- Vice-Mayor: Ceasar Canama Soriano
Barangay Elected Officials of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte
- Philippine sizes up SEAG foes in trackfest
- Friday, March 6, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - A preview of the 2015 Southeast Asian Games athletic competitions in Singapore looms in this year’s staging of the Philippine National Open Invitational Championships, set on March 19-22 at the San Luis Sports Complex in Sta. Cruz, Laguna.
- Some 1,500 top-rated athletes from Asia, including 80 to 90 from Japan, Korea, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei and host Philippines will be pitting guts and skills in the four-day National Open, which is making a return after a four-year hiatus ................................. Full Story»
- Philippines' forex reserves up to $81.34 B in February
- Friday, March 6, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - Gross International Reserves (GIR) increased to $81.34 billion in February from $80.72 billion the previous month, the Philippine central bank (BSP) said today.
- "The increase in reserves was due mainly to the National Government's net foreign currency deposits and the BSP's foreign exchange operations and income from investments abroad," the BSP said ........................ Full Story»
- Philippine stocks hit new record high
- Thursday, March 5, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The country’s local stock index accelerated the pace of its growth following two consecutive days of moderate gains as it barreled its way through its 18th all-time high for the year.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index yesterday returned above the 7,800 territory for its third-day winning streak after climbing 0.92 percent or 71.32 points at 7,847.83 ........................ Full Story»
Businesses in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Siocon, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Siocon can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Siocon you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Siocon, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Siocon Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Siocon Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Siocon in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Siocon. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Siocon landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Siocon.
Your Story about Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Siocon? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Siocon.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.