Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Acacia • Adlas • Anahaw I • Anahaw II • Balite I • Balite II • Balubad • Banaba • Barangay I (Pob.) • Barangay II (Pob.) • Barangay III (Pob.) • Barangay IV (Pob.) • Barangay V (Pob.) • Batas • Biga I • Biga II • Biluso • Bucal • Buho • Bulihan • Cabangaan • Carmen • Hoyo • Hukay • Iba • Inchican • Ipil I • Ipil II • Kalubkob • Kaong • Lalaan I • Lalaan II • Litlit • Lucsuhin • Lumil • Maguyam • Malabag • Malaking Tatyao • Mataas Na Burol • Munting Ilog • Narra I • Narra II • Narra III • Paligawan • Pasong Langka • Pooc I • Pooc II • Pulong Bunga • Pulong Saging • Puting Kahoy • Sabutan • San Miguel I • San Miguel II • San Vicente I • San Vicente II • Santol • Tartaria • Tibig • Toledo • Tubuan I • Tubuan II • Tubuan III • Ulat • Yakal
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Cavite Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alfonso | Amadeo | Carmona | Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo | Gen. Mariano Alvarez | General Trias | Indang | Kawit | Magallanes | Maragondon | Mendez | Naic | Noveleta | Rosario | Silang | Tanza | Ternate
Cities in the Province of Cavite: Bacoor City | Cavite City | Dasmariñas City | Imus City | Tagaytay City | Trece Martires City (Capital)
Silang Municipal Seal Picture
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Silang, Cavite|
Cavite within the Philippines
Silang Municipal Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Catholic Church in Silang
- Silang has a total of 64 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Silang as of (2010) = 93,034
- Silang is in the "3rd" Voting Congressional District of Cavite.
- Population of Silang (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 199,825
- Land Area of Silang (as of 2007, in hectares) = 20,943
- Silang is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Silang is in the Cavite province and within Region IV-A – Calabarzon Region in the island of luzon
Geography of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Silang Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 20,943
Location of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
History of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
The beginning of Silang
- March 30, 2011
- Source: www.lcp.org.ph/
The League of Cities of the Philippines (LCP) agrees that 21 municipalities have met the requirements for cityhood set by Constitution and the Local Government Code. The list of municipalities below have already qualified for cityhood based on the standards set by law: Cabuyao, Laguna • San Pedro, Laguna • Cainta, Rizal • Taytay, Rizal • Binangonan, Rizal • Bacoor, Cavite • Gen. Trias, Cavite • Imus, Cavite • Carmona, Cavite • Silang, Cavite • San Pedro, Laguna • Pantabangan, Nueva Ecija • Calaca, Batangas • Sto. Tomas, Batangas • Bauan, Batangas • Nasugbu, Batangas • Mauban, Quezon • Marilao, Bulacan • Sta. Maria, Bulacan • Norzagaray, Bulacan • Limay, Bataan
People of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- Silang Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 199,825
- Silang Registered Voters (2010 COMELEC) = 103,238
Local Government Unit LGU of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Silang for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Silang: POBLETE, OMIL (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Vice-Mayor of Silang: LOYOLA, ROSALIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Silang:
- BELAMIDE, AIDEL PAUL (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 39900 9.04%
- AMUTAN, FERDINAND (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 31112 7.05%
- BATINGAL, LUIS JR. (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 30156 6.83%
- PATAWE, NESTOR (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 27414 6.21%
- TOLENTINO, ALLAN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 26442 5.99%
- TOLEDO, ALFREDO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 26234 5.94%
- DONEZA, ISANG BAGSAK INDEPENDENT 25875 5.86%
- DE JESUS, LUCIANO JR. (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 25013 5.67%
- Elected officials of Silang for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Silang: Clarito Ambalada Poblete
- Vice-Mayor of Silang: Herminigildo Monzon Linaja
- Councilors of Silang:
Barangay Elected Officials of Silang, Cavite
Businesses in Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- Silang Cavite Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Silang, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Silang, Cavite, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Silang, Cavite, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Silang can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
- The Sisters of Mary School Girlstown Complex,
- Bo. Biga Silang, Cavite 4118 Philippines
- Phone: (+632) 529-8321 / (046) 865-3097 / (046) 414-0575
Economy of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Silang you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Silang, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Silang in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Silang. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Silang landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Silang.
Sports News of Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Silang? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Silang? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Silang.
- PH Blu Boys advance to Asian softball semifinals
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:01 am
- THE Philippines’ Blu Boys got off to a hot start in the Asian Men’s Softball Championship, winning back-to-back games and securing a spot in the semifinal round at the Kallang Softbnall Diamond Stadium Walk in Singapore.
- The Filipinos blasted Pakistan, 21-0, to serve notice of their title aspirations in this tournament ............................... Full Story»
News and Events
- EU grants Philippines zero tariffs on strategic exports
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The European Parliament on Thursday night (Manila time) completed the last stage in the process to grant the Philippines GSP+ that will provide duty free entry to the EU for some of the most important Philippine exports.
- The GSP+ preferences cover over 6,200 tariff lines including fruit and foodstuffs, coconut oil, footwear, fish and textiles ......................... Full Story»
- NEDA prepares P625-B PPP projects
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The National Economic and Development Authority – Investment Coordination Committee (NEDA-ICC) is set to discuss on Friday eight public private partnership (PPP) projects worth P625 billion including the rebidding of the Cavite – Laguna expressway (Calax) and the Swiss challenge for the North Luzon and South Luzon Expressway connector road.
- PPP Center executive director Cosette Canilao told a press conference on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) PPP Networking Forum that NEDA-ICC is scheduled to discuss the rebidding of the P35.4 billion Calax as well as the Swiss challenge for the P18 billion NLEX-SLEX connector road ......................... Full Story»
The oldest man or woman in Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Silang? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Your Story about Silang, Cavite, Philippines
Tell your story about Silang. You can talk about the good things in Silang or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Silang. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Silang, Cavite, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Silang.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Silang, Cavite Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Cavite, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Silang, Cavite, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.