San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
Bagong Buhay •
Bagong Buhay II •
Bagong Buhay III •
Ciudad Real •
Dulong Bayan •
Fatima II •
Fatima III •
Fatima IV •
Fatima V •
Francisco Homes-Guijo •
Francisco Homes-Mulawin •
Francisco Homes-Narra •
Francisco Homes-Yakal •
Gumaoc Central •
Gumaoc East •
Gumaoc West •
Lawang Pari •
Minuyan II •
Minuyan III •
Minuyan IV •
Minuyan Proper •
Minuyan V •
Paradise III •
Poblacion I •
San Isidro •
San Manuel •
San Martin •
San Martin II •
San Martin III •
San Martin IV •
San Pedro •
San Rafael •
San Rafael I •
San Rafael III •
San Rafael IV •
San Rafael V •
San Roque •
Santa Cruz •
Santa Cruz II •
Santa Cruz III •
Santa Cruz IV •
Santa Cruz V •
Santo Cristo •
Santo Niño •
Santo Niño II •
Sapang Palay •
St. Martin de Porres •
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Bulacan Province of The Philippines
Angat | Balagtas | Baliuag | Bocaue | Bulacan | Bustos | Calumpit | Guiguinto | Hagonoy | Marilao | Norzagaray | Obando | Pandi | Paombong | Plaridel | Pulilan | San Ildefonso | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Maria | Doña Remedios Trinidad
Cities in the Province of Bulacan: Malolos City (Capital) | Meycauayan City | San Jose Del Monte City
Seal of San Jose Del Monte City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan Province|
Map Location of San Jose Del Monte City in Bulacan
Map location of Bulacan Province
San Jose Del Monte City Hall
- San Jose del Monte City has a total of 59 barangays
- San Jose del Monte City is in the "4th" Voting Congressional District of Bulacan.
- Registered Voters of San Jose del Monte City as of (2010) = 204,515
- Population of San Jose del Monte City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 439,090
- Land Area of San Jose del Monte City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,553
- San Jose del Monte City is a 1st class Component City and Urban.
- San Jose del Monte City is in the Bulacan province and within Region III in central Luzon.
Geography of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
Geography of San Jose del Monte City
Location of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
San Jose del Monte City is located ....
History of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
- article below is from:www.bulacan.gov.ph verbatim
Early accounts on the founding of this town, as gathered from the old people, yielded information that it was formerly a part of the town of Meycauayan. The town reportedly got its name from Saint Joseph whose statue was found was a veritable forest; the hunters called it San Jose Del Monte. In all probability, the hunters reported their find to the parish priest of Meycauayan. It was said that the priest built a stone church at the site where the town proper is now located. The statue was installed in the new church. Extant Catholic Church records reveal that the first parish priest was Father Antonio de Moral. He took charge of the parish in 1845. The first town inhabitants came from Meycauayan.
During the revolt against Spain, the town became a battleground between the Katipuneros and the Spain forces. The revolutionists lost and the vengeful Spanish soldiers burned down the settlement. The town people fled for their lives to nearby towns.
At the advent of the American rule, it was made a part of Sta. Maria until 1918 when the town was created and Ciriaco Gallardo was appointed the first municipal president. Public schools where opened at the start of the American regime but due to the scarcity of the population, the highest grade organized was the fourth grade.
During the Japanese occupation, the town became an ideal hiding place of the Filipino guerillas because of the town's hilly and wooden terrain. When the Americans came, peace reigned but not for long. At the height of the Huk activity, the town was raided on October 10,1950. The Huks burned down the town hall. The town was raided for the second time on March 21, 1951. The Huks did not succeeded because of the precautionary measures instituted by the town officials. The Huk menace was gradually eliminated until the town became peaceful and progressive as we find it today.
With the coming of recent settlers to San Jose Del Monte, its population increased tremendously. In the past few years several residential subdivisions have been established here to accommodate the spilled-over population of Metro Manila.
Its proximity to Manila and Quezon City had made San Jose del Monte an ideal place for a quite and peaceful living. The place is hilly with a mountain background, the Sierra Madre that provides a panoramic backdrop to the town. San Jose del Monte promises to become one of the industrial sites in this part of the province with the way things are going.
People of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
Total Population of San Jose del Monte City
- Elected officials of for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Reynaldo Salvador San Pedro
- Vice-Mayor: Eduardo Sandoval Roquero Jr.
- 1st District:
- Efren Capa Bartolome Jr.
- Nolly Diaz Concepcion
- Janet Delos Santos Reyes
- Allan Ray Agbayani Baluyut
- Glenn Miranda Villano
- Giovanny Bo Capricho
- 2nd District:
- Elected officials of San Jose del Monte City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Eduardo V. Roquero
- Vice-Mayor: Reynaldo Salvador San Pedro
- City Councilors:
- Mailing Address:
- CITY GOVERNMENT OF SAN JOSE DEL MONTE, BULACAN
- San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines 03023
- Tel: +63(44) 691-1916; 691-1234
- Fax: +63(44) 691-1916
Barangays Elected Officials of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan
Businesses in San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in San Jose del Monte City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in San Jose del Monte City
- The name of your business, address, phone number
- San Jose del Monte Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Jose del Monte City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in San Jose del Monte City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Jose del Monte City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Jose del Monte City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within San Jose del Monte City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in San Jose del Monte City" page.
Natural Resources of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Jose del Monte City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Jose del Monte City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Jose del Monte City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Jose del Monte City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Gov’t works on branding for Phl food products
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The government plans to launch this year a branding for Philippine food products for export, as it seeks to actively promote local goods overseas, a trade official said.
- “We want to create a Philippine brand (to be used) for packaging (of products) this year,” Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM) executive director Rosario Virginia Gaetos told reporters at the sidelines of the 9th International Food Exhibition Philippines..........Full Story
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Phl-Smart jins bag 12 golds, 28 other medals in ASEAN meet
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines-Smart taekwondo team romped off with a haul of 12 gold, 14 silver and 14 bronze medals in the recent 11th ASEAN champions (ATF) tournament in Nay Pyl Taw, Myanmar.
- Many-time internationalist Kirstie Elaine Alora and Anjelay Pelaez showed the way with a gold each in the senior women’s kyorugi (free sparring) competition..........Full Story »
San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
San Jose del Monte City News
PIA Press Release
NGCP joins bloodletting activity
San Jose del Monte City (1 July 2009) -- Inspired by the theme "Dugo Mula sa Iyo Buhay Alay mo, Dugong Handog para sa Bagong Bulakenyo", the National Grid Corporation of the Philippines (NGCP) District 7 joins in the celebration of the Gift of Blood thru bloodletting activity held recently in Brgy. Dulong Bayan, San Jose del Monte City.
NGCP District 7 has been a partner of the Philippine National Red Cross- Bulacan Chapter, Provincial Government of Bulacan and City Health Office of San Jose del Monte in this undertaking for three consecutive years.
Genevive Castillo, NGCP corporate bookkeeper said she become interested in donating blood because there is an instance that she was able to lend her blood donation card to her officemate whose wife was hospitalized and needed blood transfusion.
I felt so fulfilled then, "ang sarap ng pakiramdam kapag nakatulong ka sa ibang tao" said Castillo.
Eleven personnel signified and actively participated on the said activity but after various laboratory tests conducted by the City Health Office only 10 qualified as donors.
Your Story about San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines
Tell your story about San Jose del Monte City. You can talk about the good things in San Jose del Monte City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of San Jose del Monte City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Jose del Monte City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Jose del Monte City, Bulacan, Philippines]]