San Isidro Davao Oriental Philippines
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Davao Oriental province within Region XI in the Repulbic of The Philippines
Baganga || Banaybanay || Boston || Caraga || Cateel || Governor Generoso || Lupon || Manay || San Isidro || Tarragona
Cities in Davao Oriental: Mati City(Capital)
San Isidro Seal
please upload picture
San Isidro within the province of Davao Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao Oriental Province|
Location of Davao Oriental within The Philippines
San Isidro Municipal Hall
please upload picture
- San Isidro has a total of 16 barangays.
- Registered Voters of San Isidro as of (2010) = 18,984
- San Isidro is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Davao Oriental.
- Population of San Isidro (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,139
- Land Area of San Isidro (as of 2007, in hectares) = 22,044
- San Isidro is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Isidro is in the Davao Oriental province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
San Isidro Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- San Isidro is in the Davao Oriental province in the island of mindanao
- Davao Oriental is within Region_XI
Written by Lora N. Sara
Thursday, 22 May 2008
The municipality lies on the southernmost portion of the Philippine archipelago. From the peak, an awe-striking panorama of lush hills and rainforests looks towards the fading, misty profile of distant Tandag in the north; the twin peaks of Mt. Apo and Mt. Matutum in the west; the seemingly limitless expanse of blue waters from Pujada Bay to the heart of the Pacific Ocean in the east; and the wavering silhouette of far-off Indonesia in the south.
San Isidro lies on the southwestern portion of the Province of Davao Oriental between latitude 126o05'125o10' north and longitude 6o45'-6o50' east. The Municipality of Lupon bound it on the north; the Davao Gulf on the west; the Municipality of Mati on the east; and her mother town Governor Generoso on the south. It has a distance of 35 kms. from Mati and 142 kms. from Davao City
History of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The beginning of San Isidro
People of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- San Isidro Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- San Isidro Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Isidro for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Isidro: SAULON, EDGARFLOR (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of San Isidro: GONZAGA, ROLANDO (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Councilors of San Isidro:
- RUEDAS, ROMEO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1360 10.90%
- RAÑISES, MARCELO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1309 10.49%
- MOLEJON, BEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1109 8.89%
- MARCOJOS, SERLINO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1039 8.33%
- GALAGAR, NADOR (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 973 7.80%
- VIRTUDAZO, JACINTA (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 821 6.58%
- ACIDO, PANYLIN (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 799 6.40%
- ACADEMIA, JULIET (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 735 5.89%
- Elected officials of San Isidro for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Isidro: Edgar Flor Villagracia Saulon
- Vice-Mayor of San Isidro: Rolando Manuales Gonzaga
- Councilors of San Isidro:
Barangay Elected Officials of San Isidro, Davao Oriental
Businesses in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Sports News of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of San Isidro? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in San Isidro? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in San Isidro.
- PH shuttlers win Swiss title
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:01 am
- PETER Gabriel Magnaye and Paul Jefferson Vivas showed impressive teamwork to pocket the men’s doubles title of the Swiss International Badminton Championship 2014 at the Centre Sportif Arena in Yverdon-Les-Bains in Switzerland recently.
- The PBA-Smash Pilipinas pair played true to form in the last two crucial sets to turn back their top-seeded French rivals Baptiste Careme and Ronan Labar, 6-11, 11-9, 10-11, 11-6, 11-10, and win the men’s doubles open crown. .............................. Full Story»
News and Events
- President Aquino vows to address business sector’s concerns on energy, port congestion
- Saturday, October 25, 2014
- MANILA, Oct. 25 -- President Benigno S. Aquino III on Friday vowed to address the concerns of the business sector, especially those on power supply and port congestion, to achieve the country's goal of inclusive growth.
- Speaking before hundreds of the country’s top business executives and entrepreneurs during the 40th Philippine Business Conference and Expo held at the Manila Hotel, the President thanked the business sector for coming up with resolutions that will help the government pinpoint areas that need to be improved ........................ Full Story»
- Philippines ranked as one of the 'best countries to visit in 2015'
- Friday, October 24, 2014 4:54 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – The Philippines has been named as one of the "best countries to visit in 2015" by the Lonely Planet, the largest travel book guide publisher in the world.
- The countries were chosen by the travel book guide’s staff, bloggers who have been to the Philippines and in-house travel experts. They judged the countries based on the fun and excitement that each can offer to its visitors. As per the ranking, the Philippines ranks 8th worldwide ........................ Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Isidro, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your school in San Isidro can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Isidro you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Isidro, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Isidro in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Isidro. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Isidro landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Isidro.
Your Story about San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Tell your story about San Isidro. You can talk about the good things in San Isidro or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of San Isidro. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Pictures of San Isidro
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about San Isidro.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.