San Isidro Davao Oriental Philippines
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Davao Oriental province within Region XI in the Repulbic of The Philippines
Baganga || Banaybanay || Boston || Caraga || Cateel || Governor Generoso || Lupon || Manay || San Isidro || Tarragona
Cities in Davao Oriental: Mati City(Capital)
San Isidro Seal
please upload picture
San Isidro within the province of Davao Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao Oriental Province|
Location of Davao Oriental within The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
San Isidro Municipal Hall
please upload picture
- San Isidro has a total of 16 barangays.
- Registered Voters of San Isidro as of (2010) = 18,984
- San Isidro is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Davao Oriental.
- Population of San Isidro (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 32,139
- Land Area of San Isidro (as of 2007, in hectares) = 22,044
- San Isidro is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Isidro is in the Davao Oriental province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
San Isidro Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- San Isidro is in the Davao Oriental province in the island of mindanao
- Davao Oriental is within Region_XI
Written by Lora N. Sara
Thursday, 22 May 2008
The municipality lies on the southernmost portion of the Philippine archipelago. From the peak, an awe-striking panorama of lush hills and rainforests looks towards the fading, misty profile of distant Tandag in the north; the twin peaks of Mt. Apo and Mt. Matutum in the west; the seemingly limitless expanse of blue waters from Pujada Bay to the heart of the Pacific Ocean in the east; and the wavering silhouette of far-off Indonesia in the south.
San Isidro lies on the southwestern portion of the Province of Davao Oriental between latitude 126o05'125o10' north and longitude 6o45'-6o50' east. The Municipality of Lupon bound it on the north; the Davao Gulf on the west; the Municipality of Mati on the east; and her mother town Governor Generoso on the south. It has a distance of 35 kms. from Mati and 142 kms. from Davao City
History of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The beginning of San Isidro
People of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- San Isidro Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- San Isidro Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Isidro for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Isidro: SAULON, EDGARFLOR (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of San Isidro: GONZAGA, ROLANDO (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS
- Councilors of San Isidro:
- RUEDAS, ROMEO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1360 10.90%
- RAÑISES, MARCELO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1309 10.49%
- MOLEJON, BEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1109 8.89%
- MARCOJOS, SERLINO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 1039 8.33%
- GALAGAR, NADOR (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 973 7.80%
- VIRTUDAZO, JACINTA (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 821 6.58%
- ACIDO, PANYLIN (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 799 6.40%
- ACADEMIA, JULIET (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 735 5.89%
- Elected officials of San Isidro for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Isidro: Edgar Flor Villagracia Saulon
- Vice-Mayor of San Isidro: Rolando Manuales Gonzaga
- Councilors of San Isidro:
Barangay Elected Officials of San Isidro, Davao Oriental
Businesses in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Sports News of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of San Isidro? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in San Isidro? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in San Isidro.
- Ace spikers, imports spice up Superliga GPrix
- Friday, August 28, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The 2015 Philippine Superliga Grand Prix unwraps on Oct. 10 with an elite cast of past winners, ace spikers and talented imports seeing action at the Alonte Sports Arena in Biñan, Laguna.
- Bannered by reigning titlist Petron, the upcoming tournament promises to be bigger, more explosive than ever with six teams already confirmed to play while two more top firms expected to join the country’s premier inter-club women’s volleyball league ................................ Full Story»
News and Events
- Index treks back to 7,000-point level
- Friday, August 28, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Stock Exchange index PSEi continued to recover yesterday as investors took their cue from a Wall St. rally and cheered the latest economic growth figures.
- “The rebound of the market is a welcome relief amidst the uncertainties in the global markets. The second quarter growth numbers highlight the resilience of the economy despite challenges abroad and we hope that investors continue to look at the Philippines as a viable investment,” PSE chairman Jose T. Pardo said ........ Full Story»
- PH GDP grew 5.6% in Q2
- Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:38 am
- The Philippine economy grew 5.6 percent in the second quarter.
- The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) and the National Economic and Development Authority (Neda) reported on Thursday that during the April to June period, the gross domestic product (GDP) expanded faster than the 5-percent growth posted in the first quarter ........ Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Isidro, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in San Isidro can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Isidro you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Isidro, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Isidro in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Isidro. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Isidro landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Isidro.
Your Story about San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of San Isidro? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in San Isidro. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
San Isidro, Davao Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Pictures of San Isidro
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about San Isidro.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.