San Francisco Agusan del Sur Philippines
Barangays of San Francisco in the Agusan del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Alegria • Barangay 1 • Barangay 2 • Barangay 3 • Barangay 4 • Barangay 5 • Bayugan • Bitan-agan • Borbon • Buenasuerte • Caimpugan • Das-agan • Ebro • Hubang • Karaus • Ladgadan • Lapinigan • Lucac • Mate • New Visayas • Ormaca • Pasta • Pisa-an • Rizal • San Isidro • Santa Ana • Tagapua
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Agusan del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Bunawan || Esperanza || La Paz || Loreto || Prosperidad (Capital) || Rosario || San Francisco || San Luis || Santa Josefa || Sibagat || Talacogon || Trento || Veruela
Cities in Agusan del Sur: Bayugan City
Seal of San Francisco
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines|
San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
Agusan del Sur Province in the Island of Mindanao
Municipality Hall of San Francisco
Commercial Building in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- San Francisco has a total of 27 barangays
- Registered Voters of San Francisco as of (2010) = 33,577
- San Francisco is in the "lone" Voting District of Agusan del Sur.
- Population of San Francisco (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 62,881
- Land Area of San Francisco (as of 2007, in hectares) = 39,253
- San Francisco is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- San Francisco is in the Agusan del Sur province and within Region XIII - Caraga Region, North/eastern Mindanao
Geography of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Geography of San Francisco
Location of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- San Francisco is in the Agusan del Sur province.
- Agusan del Sur is within Region_XIII in the island of Mindanao
History of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
The birth of San Francisco has always been associated with the history of the provinces of Agusan and Surigao del Sur. Before San Francisco came to what the municipality is now, it was once part of the District of Gibong which was then governed by the late Deputy Governor Francisco Cataylo. During this period, the district was composed of the barrios of Sta. Ana, Caimpugan, Ebro, Borbon, La Caridad, Prosperidad, Azpetea and Los Arcos with Sta. Ana as the site of seat of government.
Along with other barrios, Sta. Ana was comprised of several sitios in which Sitio Hagpa belonged, the site of the present day San Francisco. Hagpa was coined from a Manobo word for “swampy” as the sitio itself was once was, a small village nestled along the Adlayan River and inhabited by Manobo tribes.
The opening of the Province of Agusan del Sur to most parts of Mindanao came during the government of the late President Ramon Magsaysay who ordered the first road survey to be conducted by the Department of Highway in 1952. In the early part of 1954, road construction began paving the way for the institution of public land subdivision. The road construction also paved the way for the in-migration of different local tribes and converging along the newly constructed national highway as well as with other in-migrants coming from the provinces of Mindanao, Visayas and Luzon areas.
With its humble beginning as small sitio, Hagpa was later renamed San Francisco in honor of Deputy District Governor Francisco Cataylo. In the early part of 1955, the first local government was established as San Francisco was created as a Municipal District. The late Mrs. Francisca Tesoro Samson was appointed as the first Municipal District Mayor by the then Provincial Governor Felixberto Dagani. In June 21, 1959 by virtue of Republic Act No. 2518, San Francisco was officially created into a regular municipality of the Province of Agusan. In this same year, the first local officials of the municipality were elected with the Atty. Paquito Fuentes as the first elected municipal mayor, who served for three consecutive terms of office. He was succeeded by his vice mayor, the late Cresencio Ausmolo who stayed in office by operation of law during the latter half-portion of his last term.
Eight years after its creation as a regular municipality, on June 17, 1967 by virtue of Republic Act No. 4979, the Province of Agusan was divided into the Provinces of Agusan del Norte and Agusan del Sur, in which San Francisco was part of the latter. The continued growth of Agusan del Sur also saw the development of the municipality of San Francisco. Its growing population later paved the way for the creation of the municipality of Rosario through Republic Act No. 5760 approved by President Diosdado Macapagal on June 21, 1969, just two years after the creation of Agusan del Sur. As a result, the several barrios of San Francisco including Bayugan III, Wasi-an, Sta. Cruz, Cabawan, Cabantao, Marfil and Tagbayagan were incorporated in the newly created municipality. The barrios of Buenasuerte, Caimpogan, Pasta, Lapinigan, Ebro, New Visayas, Bayugan II, Borbon, Tagapua, Pisaan, Sta. Ana, Hubang, Alegria, San Isidro, Das-agan, Ladgadan, Lucac, Bitan-agan and Poblacion consisting of five barrios as stated in PD No. 86 dated December 31, 1972 remained to form part of the 39,253 hectare Municipality of San Francisco. The barrios of Rizal, Ormaca, Mate and Karaos were later created and added to form final 27 barangays of the present day San Francisco. (source: verbatim from: http://sfads.net/)
People of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Total Population of San Francisco as of 2010 census: 70,986
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of San Francisco for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of San Francisco: Jenny "JEN" Diesto De Asis (NUP)
- Vice-Mayor of San Francisco: Agusani "BEBOT" Arreza Ananoria (NUP)
- Councilor of San Francisco
- Rodelito "DODONG" Llacuna Ranoco (NUP)
- Restie "BONG" Galang Bandong (NUP)
- Arth Ryan "ARTH" Elin Palabrica (NUP)
- Genden "DODONG" Lupian Dayondon (NUP)
- Romel "ONDOY" Tan Ellorimo (NUP)
- Lerriza "NENENG" Vasquez De Leon (NUP)
- Aramis "MIS" Diasnes Ananoria (NUP)
- Reny "RENY" Baldonado Tulio (NUP)
- Elected officials of San Francisco for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of San Francisco: Jenny Diesto De Asis
- Vice-Mayor of San Francisco: Celso Buniel Balmadres Jr.
- Councilors of San Francisco:
Barangays Elected Officials of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur
Businesses in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in San Francisco, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in San Francisco can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of San Francisco you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of San Francisco, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of San Francisco in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of San Francisco. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the San Francisco landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of San Francisco.
- Held every month of June, in line with the Annual Town Fiesta on June 19 and the Municipality's Founding Anniversary on June 21.
Some of the activities usually conducted include Streetdancing Competition and the annual Search for Mutya ng San Francisco.
Your Story about San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of San Francisco? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in San Francisco. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Sports News of San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of San Francisco? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in San Francisco? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in San Francisco.
Why Z-Wiki San Francisco?
We want to give the people of Santa Ana the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Santa Ana is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Santa Ana participate and provide valid information about the community and also by providing pictures about the community. More power to San Francisco.
San Francisco, Agusan del Sur supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for San Francisco.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:San Francisco, Agusan del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Agusan del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[San Francisco Agusan del Sur Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.