Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Barangays of Salug, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region 9 in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacong • Balakan • Binoni • Calucap • Canawan • Caracol • Danao • Dinoan • Dipolod • Fatima (Pogan) • Ipilan • Lanawan • Liguac • Lipakan • Mucas • Pacuhan • Poblacion (Salug) • Poblacion East • Pukay • Ramon Magsaysay • Santo Niño • Tambalang • Tapalan
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Salug is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban. Salug is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Official Seal of Salug Municipality
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte|
Salug, Zamboanga del Norte
Zamboanga del Norte within the Philippines
Salug Municipal Hall
Poblacion, Salug Public Market
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Salug Bus Terminal
Salug National High School
Iglesia ni Cristo, Salug Zamboanga del Norte
UCCP Church, Salug Zamboanga del Norte
Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Salug Zamboanga del Norte
- Salug has a total of 23 barangays
- Registered Voters of Salug as of (2010) = 20,049
- Salug is in the 3rd Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of Salug (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 29,960
- Land Area of Salug (as of 2007, in hectares) = 20,660
- Salug is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Salug is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Salug Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 20,660
- Salug is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
Location of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Salug is in the Zamboanga del Norte province.
- Zamboanga del Norte is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Salug became a municipality when Republic Act 2310 was passed on June 21, 1979. Salug was originally a barrio and a part of Liloy. The name "Salug" was derived from the subanen word "Salog" meaning "strong river current".
Salug respects its foundation date of June 21, 1979 but instead celebrates Araw ng Salug (Salug Day) annually on the 18th of September.
People of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Salug Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 29,960
- Salug Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 20,049
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officers of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Salug: Jeffrey Tan Lim - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Salug: Rebecca Lagare Baguio - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Salug:
- MARIBOJOC, WILLIAM (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5468 8.69%
- LITERATUS, GINA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5056 8.03%
- SALDIA, ALLAN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4702 7.47%
- LIM, VICTORIANO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4626 7.35%
- BALUCOS, VICTORIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4405 7.00%
- ENRIQUEZ, DEAN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4381 6.96%
- DIALO, REBECCA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4360 6.93%
- SALDIA, DELMA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4134 6.57%
- Elected Officers of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Salug: Jeffrey Tan Lim - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Salug: Elias Jaictin Baguio Jr.
- Councilors of Salug:
- Edgar Destacamento Saldia
- Daven Sanders S. Imbang Saldia
- Dean Lim Enriquez
- Victoriano Villarejo Lim Jr.
- Salatiel Simyunn Dialo
- Gina Reyes Literatus
- Jonathan Refugio Balucos
- William Duhaylungsod Maribojoc
- Elected Officers of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Jesus Nantes Lim
- Vice-Mayor - Elias Jaictin Baguio Jr.
Barangay Elected Officials of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte
Businesses in Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Salug, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Salug can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Salug you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Salug, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Salug Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Salug Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Salug in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Salug. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Salug landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Salug.
- Three vie for PSA Athlete of Year award
- Monday, December 22, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The best and the brightest in 2014 – led by the Athlete of the Year – will hog the limelight anew when the Philippine Sportswriters Association (PSA) holds its Annual Awards Night on Feb. 16 next year.
- Three athletes in different sports make up the short list of candidates for the highest honors in the annual awards presented by Milo. They are Daniel Caluag of cycling, Donnie Nietes of professional boxing and Gabriel Moreno of archery ................................ Full Story»
- Christmas: It’s really more fun in the Philippines
- Monday, December 22, 2014 6:50 pm
- Even with all the modern conveniences and latest technological advances available today, tradition still plays a large role in Philippine popular culture. Aside from the everyday values being practiced in the regular Filipino household, these traditions are even more evident when it comes to special events such as the Holy Week and the Yuletide season. Western concepts such as gift-giving and Santa Claus have been incorporated into the festivities, but these are modified and given a Filipino twist to help make this season truly extraordinary.
- Filipinos abroad lament the lack of Christmas spirit in their current locations. This springs from the fact that while most other nationalities pause from their busy lives for their eggnogs and whatnot usually only on the day itself, the season in the Philippines officially starts as soon as the –ber months arrive. As early as September, carols start playing on the radio and through mall loudspeakers to remind everyone that Christmas is set to roll around again. There is much to be excited about, as Christmas is indeed more fun in the Philippines. Here are some of the lovely practices handed down through generations that are alive and well in this wonderful country ......................... Full Story»
- Current account surplus climbs 15% to $3 B in Q3
- Sunday, December 21, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The country’s current account surplus climbed 15 percent in the third quarter as the rise in exports outpaced the increase in imports, the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas reported.
- The surplus summed up to $3.037 billion in July to September, higher than the $2.647 billion recorded in the same period last year. The level is equivalent to 4.4 percent of the country’s gross domestic product ......................... Full Story»
- Sunday, April 08, 2012- Kidnappers of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte mayor identiﬁed: Authorities have discovered that the kidnappers of Salug, Zamboanga del Norte mayor Jeffrey Lim are connected with a large rebel group after they came up with the computerized sketches of some of the abductors....More »
Your Story about Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Tell your story about Salug. You can talk about the good things in Salug or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Salug. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Salug? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Salug.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Salug, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.