Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Barangays of Pontevedra in the Negros Occidental Province of the Philippines
Antipolo • Barangay I • Barangay II • Barangay III • Buenavista Gibong • Buenavista Rizal • Burgos • Cambarus • Canroma • Don Salvador Benedicto • General Malvar • Gomez • M. H. Del Pilar • Mabini • Miranda • Pandan • Recreo • San Isidro • San Juan • Zamora
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Negros Occidental Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Binalbagan || Calatrava || Candoni || Cauayan || Enrique B. Magalona || Hinigaran || Hinoba-An || Ilog || Isabela || La Castellana || Manapla || Moises Padilla || Murcia || Pontevedra || Pulupandan || Salvador Benedicto || San Enrique || Toboso || Valladolid
Cities in the province of Negros Occidental: Bacolod City (Capital) || Bago City || Cadiz City || Escalante City || Himamaylan City || Kabankalan City || La Carlota City || Sagay City || San Carlos City || Silay City || Sipalay City || Talisay City || Victorias City
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Pontevedra Negros Occidental Municipality Seal
Please upload Picture
Pontevedra within Negros Occidental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Negros Occidental|
Negros Occidental Map Locator
Municipality Hall of Pontevedra
- Pontevedra has a total of 20 barangays
- Registered Voters of Pontevedra as of (2010) = 29,667
- Pontevedra is in the 4th Voting District of Negros Occidental
- Population of Pontevedra (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 46,768
- Land Area of Pontevedra (as of 2007, in hectares) = 11,250
- Pontevedra is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Pontevedra is in the Negros Occidental province and within Region VI in the Island of negros Western Visayas.
Geography of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Geography of Pontevedra
Location of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Pontevedra is in the Province of Negros Occidental
- Negros Occidental is in the Island of negros and within Region VI.
- The Island of negros is in Western Visayas.
History of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The beginning of Pontevedra
People of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Total Population of Pontevedra
Local Government Unit LGU of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Pontevedra for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Pontevedra: ALONSO, JOSE MARIA (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION / UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE
- Vice-Mayor of Pontevedra: PARROCO, LARRY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- Councilors of Pontevedra:
- MATTI, BING (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 11139 7.93%
- GAVAN, JIMMY (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 10454 7.44%
- SUANICO, JOSE MARIE (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 10109 7.19%
- CUSON, LARRY INDEPENDENT 9625 6.85%
- TOMAS, EDGAR INDEPENDENT 9248 6.58%
- LAMELA, ARNOLD (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 9205 6.55%
- ESPINOSA, NORMAN (UNEGA) UNITED NEGROS ALLIANCE 9125 6.49%
- GAVITUYA, ELMO INDEPENDENT 8182 5.82%
- Elected Officials of Pontevedra for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Pontevedra
- Vice-Mayor of Pontevedra
- Councilors of Pontevedra:
Barangay Elected Officials of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental
Businesses in Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Pontevedra.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Pontevedra
- Pontevedra Negros Occidental Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pontevedra, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
The name of your school in Pontevedra can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Pontevedra you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Pontevedra, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Pontevedra in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Pontevedra. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Pontevedra landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Pontevedra.
Your Story about Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines
Tell your story about Pontevedra. You can talk about the good things in Pontevedra or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Pontevedra. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pontevedra.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Negros Occidental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Pontevedra, Negros Occidental, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.