Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Agbanog • Agdalipe • Ameligan • Bailan • Banate • Bantigue • Binuntucan • Cabugao • Gabuc (Caugiat) • Guba • Hipona • Ilawod (Pob.) • Ilaya (Pob.) • Intungcan • Jolongajog • Lantangan • Linampongan • Malag-it • Manapao • Rizal • San Pedro • Solo • Sublangon • Tabuc • Tacas • Yatingan
List of Municipalities in the Capiz province of The Philippines
Cuartero | Dao | Dumalag | Dumarao | Ivisan | Jamindan | Ma-Ayon | Mambusao | Panay | Panitan | Pilar | Pontevedra | President Roxas | Sapi-An | Sigma | Tapaz
Cities in the province of Capiz: Roxas City (Capital)
Seal of Pontevedra
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Capiz|
Pontevedra Municipal Hall Picture
Please Upload Picture
- Pontevedra has a total of 26 barangays
- Registered Voters of Pontevedra as of (2010) = 27,187
- Pontevedra is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Capiz.
- Population of Pontevedra (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 42,003
- Land Area of Pontevedra (as of 2007, in hectares) = 13,090
- Pontevedra is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Pontevedra is in the Capiz province and within Region VI - in the western side of the island of panay in the Western Visayas area.
Geography of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Geography of Pontevedra
Location of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Pontevedra is located ....
History of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
The beginning of Pontevedra
People of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Total Population of Pontevedra
Local Government Unit LGU of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- Elected officials of Pontevedra for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Esteban Jose Bacero Contreras
- Vice-Mayor: Nelson Gerardo Maleza Oquendo Jr.
Barangays Elected Officials of Pontevedra, Capiz
Businesses in Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Pontevedra.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Pontevedra
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pontevedra, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
The name of your school in Pontevedra can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Pontevedra you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Pontevedra, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Pontevedra in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Pontevedra. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Pontevedra landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Pontevedra.
Your Story about Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Tell your story about Pontevedra. You can talk about the good things in Pontevedra or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Pontevedra. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
Sports News of Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Pontevedra? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Pontevedra? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Pontevedra.
- Kayak Explore tilt slated
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Recreational and competitive kayakers get a chance to test themselves when the two-day 2013 Anvaya Cove Kayak Explore marathon and eco-touring gets going June 1-2 at the Anvaya Cove Beach and Nature Club.
- Open to both club members and guests, the third edition of the annual event, serving as the kickoff leg of this year’s Philippine Kayaking Series, features various competition races and sports clinics on the first day, highlighted by the 25k kayak marathon. Also on tap are the 6k beach run-kayak relay race, a 3km novice race for beginners, crazy 8’s kayak slaloms, kayaking and stand-up paddling clinics..........Full Story »
News and Events
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
- Foreign firms relocate to PH
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 00:00
- Good governance, industrial peace and comparatively low labor costs are becoming magnets for manufacturing companies in other countries to relocate to the Philippines.
- This observation was made CBRE Philippines, a property consultancy firm which said such relocation would help spur demand for property in the industrial zones. CBRE said the transfer would also keep prices steady mainly as a function of meaningful competition in a market driven economy..........Full Story
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pontevedra.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pontevedra, Capiz, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Capiz, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Pontevedra, Capiz, Philippines]]