Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
Gines Viejo •
Imbang Grande •
Malag-it Grande •
Malag-it Pequeño •
Mambiranan Grande •
Mambiranan Pequeño •
Nueva Union •
Poblacion Ilawod •
Poblacion Ilaya •
Quinagaringan Grande •
Quinagaringan Pequeño •
Santo Tomas •
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
Passi City Seal
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines|
Passi City Map Locator
Map Locator of Iloilo Province
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Passi City Hall
Please Upload Picture
Parish of San Guillermo, Passi Church
- Passi City has a total of 51 barangays
- Registered Voters of Passi City as of (2010) = 45,118
- Passi City is in the "4th" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of Passi City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 76,045
- Land Area of Passi City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 25,139
- Passi City is a 4th class Component City and Partially Urban.
- Passi City is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
Passi is also known as the "Sweet City" of Panay. The nickname stuck because Passi produces tons of fruits every year specially from its vast pineapple plantations. Passi has more land area, more people and more money in the province of Iloilo than any municipality in the iloilo province.
The richness of Passi leads to its creation as a 5th class city/component city of the province of Iloilo by virtue of Republic Act 8469 signed by the President Fidel V. Ramos in January 30, 1998.
Location of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
- 11.1000° N, 122.6333° E - Passi, Iloilo, Coordinates
Passi City is a newly created component City of the Province of Iloilo located in the central portion of Panay Island 50 kilometers away from the City of Iloilo. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Dumarao, Capiz, on the northeast by Lemery, on the east by San Rafael, on the southeast by San Enrique and Dingle , on the south by Badiangan, on the southeast by Dueñas, on the west by Calinog and on the northwest by Bingawan.
History of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
Although its young distinction as a city, Passi is considered to be one of the oldest Spanish settlements in Iloilo. It was organized as a pueblo in 1766 with Don Martin Saligumba as its first leader.But the place has actually been settled by Malay migrants long before the arrival of the Spaniards.
According to popular legend, Spanish conquistadors stumbled on a small hut by the river’s bank where an old woman was fond winnowing pounded rice. One of them asked her, “¿Cómo se llama este lugar?” not knowing the native language of course. Much to the old woman’s surprise and perhaps excitement, she replied without much ado, “Ah, pasi,” which means some of the unhusked rice on her basket held in both hands. She must have thought that they were eager to know what was in the basket and what she was doing, because she could not understand their language. From that time on, the Spanish begun to call the place Pasi at first until it later evolved into Passi. Such legends about name origins are common throughout towns and cities in the Philippines, the core plot being a Spaniard asking the non-Spanish speaking natives what the name of the place is and the latter responding in what would end up eventually as the name of the place.
It is said that the first Spanish settlement was established in the area in 1766, marking the onset of Spanish colonial rule. In the traditional story, Spanish explorers anchored in Ansig, a place located at the mouth of Lamunan River. The name of the city is probably derived from Pasi, a Hiligaynon word meaning “unhusked grains of palay.”
- This article was copied from Wikipedia
People of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
- Passi City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007)= 76,045
- Passi City Registered Voters (2009)= 45,118
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of the City of Passi for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Passi City: Jesry Tiongson Palmares - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Vice-Mayor of Passi City: BARBERO, BONING - LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO
- Councilors of Passi City:
- CHAVEZ, MELIN (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 12883 10.15%
- PALMARES, BITOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 11010 8.68%
- PANTIN, NEFIE INDEPENDENT 10833 8.54%
- BURMAN, LAI-LAI (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 10813 8.52%
- PANES, HORACE (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 10123 7.98%
- TEVES, MOTSOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 9011 7.10%
- PANIZALES, BASAN INDEPENDENT 8947 7.05%
- PADILLA, ESONMOLOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 7545 5.95%
- PAMA, NITOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 7432 5.86%
- PALMARES, LINDA INDEPENDENT 6827 5.38%
- Elected Officials of the City of Passi for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Passi City: Jesry Tiongson Palmares
- Vice-Mayor of Passi City: Jovi Aguilar Palmares
- Councilors of Passi City:
- Ma Aura E Esguerra Landar-Layese
- Jayson Pamplona Padilla
- Cenonito Sotelo Pama
- Juan Javellana Masna
- Bonifacio Palma Barbero
- Noe Aguilar Lico
- Horace Anthony Abella Panes
- Basilio Longno Ligasan Jr.
- Ma. Gina Senina Palmares
- Melinda Garcia Chavez
- 2007-2010 Elected Officials of the City of Passi
- Mayor: Elyzer C. Chavez
- Vice-Mayor: ?
- Congressman: Ferjenel G. Biron
- City Councillors:
Barangay Elected Officials of Passi City, Iloilo
Businesses in Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- Passi City Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Passi City, you can list that property for free. Click toVIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parish of San Guillermo
- This massive baroque church of Passi City Iloilo was made in 1812, another Agustinian Church in the island of Panay. This was destroyed by fire caused by lighting in its earlier years. Now, this citadel in the middle of the plaza is home to the most number of images of the Blessed Virgin. A garden adorn with quite a number of saints is also found here. They named it Jardin de los Santos.
Schools in Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Passi City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
The City of Passi is suitable for livestock raising especially in rural barangays. Livestock backyard raising is considered as secondary form of income generation among residents in the area.
Passi has one City Agriculture Office equipped with fully trained professionals specializing in different aspects of livestock raising, disease control, artificial insemination, rice and corn production, vegetable and cut flower, pest control and food processing.
Focusing on the livestock sector, it was learned that Passi City is one among the few municipalities/City in the Province with a budget for Animal Health Services and Disease Control. According to the City’s Annual Investment Plan for CY 2007 Animal Health Care amounts to Php 260,000.00. This budget is broken down to 40% (Php 104,000.00) for antibiotics and vitamins, 30% (Php 78,000.00) for vaccines and 30% (Php 78,000.00) for dewormers. Based on the Comprehensive Land Use Plan of the city, Agriculture is on the 3rd of its priority list and Animal Health Services under the Agriculture Program is on the 2nd of its priority list.
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Passi City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Passi City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Passi City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Passi City" page.
Natural Resources of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Passi City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Passi City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Passi City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Passi City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Share prices hit new record high
- Friday, March 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - After weeks of staying below the radar, the Philippine Stock Exchange index surged yesterday to another all-time high ahead of the Monetary Board’s policy setting meeting.
- The PSEi gained 0.44 percent or 34.76 points to zoom to its 20th record close for the year at 7,871.10 ........................ Full Story»
- Bourse closes higher on bargain hunting
- Thursday, March 26, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines (Xinhua) - The Philippine stock market closed at a new high today on bargain hunting.
- The local barometer Philippine Stock Exchange index rose by 0. 44 percent or 34.76 points to 7,871.10, while the broader all- share climbed by 0.30 percent or 13.64 points to 4,546.20 ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Phl-Dubai polo friendly set Sunday
- Friday, March 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Globalport has partnered with Belo Medical Group as they stage the Philippine-Dubai friendly polo showdown dubbed as “Battle of Titans” this Sunday in Makati.
- The partnership was officially sealed Wednesday by Globalport owner Dr. Mikee Romero and Belo Medical Group CEO and founder Dr. Vicki Belo with polo players Rodrigo Bauzada, Andrian Garcia, Anthony Garcia and Tonio Veloso, and Belo’s daughter, Cristalle Henares, in attendance ................................. Full Story»
Your Story about Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Passi City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Passi City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Passi City, Iloilo.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Passi City, Iloilo, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.