Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Bagawang • Balagñonan • Baldoc • Canlubi • Catamban • Cobo • Hiyop • Libod (Pob.) • Lourdes • Lumabao • Marambong • Napo (Pob.) • Oga • Pandan Del Norte (Pob.) • Pandan Del Sur (Pob.) • Panuto • Porot (San Jose) • Salvacion (Tariwara) • San Andres (Dinungsuran) • San Isidro (Langob) • San Rafael (Bogtong) • San Roque • Santa Cruz (Catagbacan) • Tabugoc • Tokio • Wagdas
Seal of Pandan Municipality
Please upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Catanduanes|
Location of Pandan within Catanduanes Philippines
Pandan Municipality Hall
Please upload picture
- Pandan has a total of 26 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Pandan as of (2010) = 10,997
- Pandan is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Catanduanes.
- Population of Pandan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 19,005
- Land Area of Pandan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 11,990
- Pandan is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Pandan is in the Catanduanes island province and within Region V – Bicol Region.
Geography of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Geography of Pandan
Location of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Pandan is located ....
History of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
The beginning of Pandan
People of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Total Population of Pandan
Local Government Unit LGU of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Pandan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Pandan: WONG, JOSEPH AL RANDIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Pandan: NAMATA, IMPAY (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Pandan:
- ATUTUBO, ARTHUR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3809 11.37%
- TABLIGAN, FLORESTIN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 3352 10.01%
- DELOS SANTOS, CONCORDIO INDEPENDENT 3243 9.68%
- BONIFACIO, SALUD (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2702 8.07%
- GONZALES, BEBONG (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2696 8.05%
- TABIRARA, MARIANO INDEPENDENT 2606 7.78%
- SANTELICES, COLYN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2547 7.60%
- FERNANDEZ, BELLA (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 2464 7.36%
- Elected officials of Pandan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Pandan: Restituto Marinay De Quiroz Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Pandan: Ninfa Santelices Namata
- Councilors of Pandan:
Barangays Elected Officials of Pandan, Catanduanes
Businesses in Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Pandan.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Pandan
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Pandan, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
The name of your school in Pandan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Pandan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Pandan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Pandan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Pandan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Pandan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Pandan.
Your Story about Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Tell your story about Pandan. You can talk about the good things in Pandan or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Pandan. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Sports News of Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Pandan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Pandan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Pandan.
- Fil-Am seeks to swim for Phl
- Monday, September 1, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - A 17-year-old Fil-Am swimmer, whose best long course time of 31.39 seconds in the 50-meter backstroke is .03 faster than the Philippine record, hopes to compete for the country in the near future and her father is now inquiring about the steps to take in acquiring dual citizenship.
- Elizabeth Davis Jordana began swimming competitively in US regional meets since she was nine and is in the senior elite class of the Dad’s Club Team in Texas. Her father Martin, 51, was born in Manila and is a Filipino-Spanish mestizo with roots in Bicol. Her mother Sarah is American ............................. Full Story»
News and Events
- Recovery of imports seen in Q3
- Monday, September 1, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Merchandise imports would likely recover in the third quarter following a contraction in June and May, the research arm of Metropolitan Bank & Trust Co. said.
- “Coming from a second quarter decline, expect figures to improve in the third quarter given the country’s import season,” Mabellene Reynaldo, research analyst at the bank, said in a report ........................ Full Story»
- WB lends $508 M to Phl for rural infra
- Sunday, August 31, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The World Bank is extending a $508.25-million loan and grant package to the Philippines for rural infrastructure aimed at improving the productivity of small farmers and fisherfolk, raising rural incomes and reducing poverty in the country.
- The six-year Philippine Rural Development Project (PRDP) also aims to facilitate easier access of farmers’ produce to the markets. The Department of Agriculture (DA) will implement the project ........................ Full Story»
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Pandan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Pandan, Catanduanes, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Catanduanes, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Pandan, Catanduanes, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.