Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
Barangays of Naga City in the Cebu Province within Region 7 in the Republic of The Philippines
Alfaco • Bairan • Balirong • Cabungahan • Cantao-an • Central Poblacion • Cogon • Colon • East Poblacion • Inayagan • Inoburan • Jaguimit • Lanas • Langtad • Lutac • Mainit • Mayana • Naalad • North Poblacion • Pangdan • Patag • South Poblacion • Tagjaguimit • Tangke • Tinaan • Tuyan • Uling • West Poblacion
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities (44) in the Cebu Province within Region VII in the Republic of The Philippines
Alcantara • Alcoy • Alegria • Aloguinsan • Argao • Asturias • Badian • Balamban • Bantayan • Barili • Boljoon • Borbon • Carmen • Catmon • Compostela • Consolacion • Cordova • Daanbantayan • Dalaguete • Dumanjug • Ginatilan • Liloan • Madridejos • Malabuyoc • Medellin • Minglanilla • Moalboal • Oslob • Pilar • Pinamungahan • Poro • Ronda • Samboan • San Fernando • San Francisco • San Remigio • Santa Fe • Santander • Sibonga • Sogod • Tabogon • Tabuelan • Tuburan • Tudela
*Cities (9) in the Province of Cebu: Bogo City • Carcar City • Cebu City • Danao City • Lapu-Lapu City • Mandaue City • Naga City • Talisay City • Toledo City
Seal of Naga City
Please upload picture
|Naga City within The Province of Cebu|
|Location of The Province of Cebu in The Philippines|
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Naga City Hall
Please upload picture
- Naga City has a total of 28 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Naga City as of (2010) = 49,128
- Population of Naga City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 95,163
- Land Area of Naga City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,197
- Naga City is a unclassified City and Partially Urban.
- Naga City is in the Cebu province and within Region VII-Central Visayas.
Geography of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- The total Land Area of Naga City (as of 2007, in hectares)= 10,197
Location of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- 10.2110° N, 123.7580° E - Naga, Coordinates
History of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
The beginning of Naga City
People of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- Total Population of Naga City (as of Aug 1, 2007) per Census= 95,163
- Naga City total Registered Voters as of (2010) per COMELEC= 53,879
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Naga City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Naga City: Valdemar Mendiola Chiong - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Naga City: Delfin Resurreccion Señor - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Naga City:
- LARA, ALEX (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 17786 10.85%
- DEL MAR, VENCI (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 16780 10.24%
- LAPITAN, ELMER (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 16165 9.86%
- CHIONG, JINGJING (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 16030 9.78%
- CHIONG, OTHELLO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 16006 9.76%
- CRUZ, JUNJIE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14446 8.81%
- ALINSONORIN, NILO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14399 8.78%
- SEÑOR, NICKY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14080 8.59%
- ABANGAN, LETECIA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 13793 8.41%
- NAVARRO, RUDY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 13693 8.35%
- Elected officials of Naga City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Valdemar Mendiola Chiong
- Vice-Mayor: Delfin Resurreccion Señor
|MAYOR||VALDEMAR MENDIOLA CHIONG||VAL|
|VICE-MAYOR||DELFIN RESURRECCION SEÑOR||DELFIN|
|ELMER QUIROS LAPITAN||ELMER|
|OTHELLO MENDIOLA CHIONG||BOY|
|PORFERIO JR. VALLES RESABA||BOY|
|NILO BASE ALINSONORIN||BOY A|
|DOLORITA TINGAL NIETES||LULU|
|DOMINGA PAUNIL MILLENA||INDAY MINGA PAUNIL|
|LETECIA FELICES ABANGAN||LETY|
|VENCI REQUIROSO DEL MAR||JING|
Barangays Elected Officials of Naga City, Cebu
Businesses in Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Naga City City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, and open market developments for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Naga City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Naga City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Naga City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Naga City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Naga City" page.
Natural Resources of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Naga City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Naga City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Naga City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Naga City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- NEDA prepares P625-B PPP projects
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The National Economic and Development Authority – Investment Coordination Committee (NEDA-ICC) is set to discuss on Friday eight public private partnership (PPP) projects worth P625 billion including the rebidding of the Cavite – Laguna expressway (Calax) and the Swiss challenge for the North Luzon and South Luzon Expressway connector road.
- PPP Center executive director Cosette Canilao told a press conference on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) PPP Networking Forum that NEDA-ICC is scheduled to discuss the rebidding of the P35.4 billion Calax as well as the Swiss challenge for the P18 billion NLEX-SLEX connector road. ......................... Full Story»
- PSEi continues to advance
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014 1:50 am
- The local stock barometer firmed up for the second session in a row Monday as investors started to price in how falling oil prices could benefit the Philippines.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) added 51.41 points or 0.71 percent to close at 7,275.62, led by the surge in property stocks ......................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Army paddlers rule dragon boat regatta
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Philippine Army returned to the Cobra Energy Drink Dragon Boat Regatta with a flourish, handily winning the Open 300-meter standard boat race in the fourth and final leg of the series at the Manila Bay over in Manila last weekend.
- The Army paddlers, who missed the third leg last September due to rescue and relief work, made their move in the last 50 meters to win pulling away in one minute, 7.55 seconds in the event organized by the Philippine Dragon Boat Federation ............................... Full Story»
Your Story about Naga City, Cebu, Philippines
Tell your story about Naga City. You can talk about the good things in Naga City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Naga City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Naga City, Cebu, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Naga City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Naga City, Cebu Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cebu, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Naga City, Cebu, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.