Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Barangays of Molave, in the Zamboanga del Sur Province, Philippines
Alicia • Ariosa • Bagong Argao • Bagong Gutlang • Blancia • Bogo Capalaran • Culo • Dalaon • Dipolo • Dontulan • Gonosan • Lower Dimalinao • Lower Dimorok • Mabuhay • Madasigon (Pob.) • Makuguihon (Pob.) • Maloloy-on (Pob.) • Miligan • Parasan • Rizal • Santo Rosario • Silangit • Simata • Sudlon • Upper Dimorok
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
Municipalities in the Zamboanga Del Sur Province within Region IX in Republic of The Philippines
Aurora • Bayog • Dimataling • Dinas • Dumalinao • Dumingag • Guipos • Josefina • Kumalarang • Labangan • Lakewood • Lapuyan • Mahayag • Margosatubig • Midsalip • Molave • Pitogo • Ramon Magsaysay • San Miguel • San Pablo • Sominot • Tabina • Tambulig • Tigbao • Tukuran • Vincenzo A. Sagun
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Sur: Pagadian City
Seal of Molave
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur|
Location of Molave within Zamboanga del Sur
Zamboanga del Sur Map Locator
Monument Marker of Molave
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Proposed Municipaltiy Hall of Molave
Integrated Bus Terminal, Poblacion, Molave
Blancia, Molave Central School
The Generics Pharmacy, Molave
Iglesia ni Cristo, Blancia, Molave
- Molave has a total of 25 barangays
- Registered Voters of Molave as of (2010) = 26,534
- Molave is in the 1st Voting District of Zamboanga del Sur
- Population of Molave (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 48,215
- Land Area of Molave (as of 2007, in hectares) = 25,150
- Molave is a 1st class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Molave is in the Zamboanga del Sur province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Molave Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 25,150
Location of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Molave is in the Zamboanga del Sur province.
- Zamboanga del Sur is within Region IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
History of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Source: LGU site: www.molave.gov.ph
- Article copied verbatim
Molave is the core of the Salug Valley, a rich and fertile river basin in the eastern part of the province comprising the municipalities of Molave, Tambulig, Mahayag, Dumingag and part of Ramon Magsaysay. It is so centrally located, so much so that a town plan was already approved before World War II when it was still a barrio(barangay). It is drained by three rivers, namely:Dipolo, Salug Daku and Salug Diut. It is named after a strong hard and resilient tree abundant in the vast forest lands in the early twenties. Before its creation into a municipality, Molave used to be part of Aurora town. It was then called Salug meaning "floor", possibly because of the abundance of molave trees, so that the wide valley looked like a green floor from above. Because of the fertility of the soil, many were attracted to come and settle down in Molave. It has a total land area of 251.50 square kilometers, with 40,423 inhabitants. Its population is a conglomeration of varied ethnic groups, including cultural communities. It has an annual income of P 33,430,858.00
Molave became a municipality by virtue of Republic Act No. 377, dated June 14, 1949. The creation of Molave was mainly due to the efforts of Assemblyman Juan S. Alano. The first appointed mayor was Hon. Pelagio Blancia. He served from 1949-1951.
Those who succeeded him are the following: Hon. Javier A. Ariosa, 1952-1962; Hon. Daniel Mantos, 1962-1963(by succesion); Hon. Paciano Guillen, 1964-1979; 1982-1986; Hon. Jose M. Geromo, Sr. 1980-1982; 1986-1987; Hon. Vidala M. Geromo, 1988-1992; Hon. Encarnacion O. Blancia, 1992-2001; Hon. Flavio J. Saniel, Jr., 2001 up to present.
The land area of Molave has been greatly diminished since three municipalities have been carved out of it, namely:Dumingag 1957;Tambulig 1958; and Mahayag 1960; and later Josefina in 1977. Its population has likewise been reduced to only 37,677. However, with its vast tracts of ricefields, Molave stands out as the "rice granary in District 1" of Zamboanga del Sur. And because of its strategic location, it is the business center of the eastern towns.
People of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Molave Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 48,215
- Molave Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 26,534
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Molave for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Molave: Ireneo Querque Glepa - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Molave: Rico Legaspi Amigo - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Molave:
- SALINAS, CORNELIO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 12189 8.27%
- AYAM, LITO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 11939 8.10%
- LACUAREN, BERT (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 11388 7.72%
- GLEPA, TOR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 11175 7.58%
- YUNTING, TIMOTEO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 10953 7.43%
- GEROMO, VICTOR JOSE (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 10628 7.21%
- CAGUAN, JOEMAR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 9742 6.61%
- ENRICUSO, VICCON (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 9427 6.39%
- Elected officials of Molave for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Molave: Ireneo Querque Glepa
- Vice-Mayor of Molave: Flavio Jamorol Saniel Jr.
- Councilors of Molave:
Barangay Elected Officials of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur
Businesses in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Molave, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
The name of your school in Molave can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Molave you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Molave, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Molave Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Molave Zamboanga del Sur" page.
Natural Resources of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Molave in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Molave. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Molave landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Molave.
Your Story about Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Molave? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Molave. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Molave.
- Copy and paste the code below in "Green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Molave, Zamboanga del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.