Misamis Oriental Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Misamis Oriental Province within Region X in the Republic of The Philippines
Alubijid • Balingasag • Balingoan • Binuangan • Claveria • Gitagum • Initao • Jasaan • Kinoguitan • Lagonglong • Laguindingan • Libertad • Lugait • Magsaysay • Manticao • Medina • Naawan • Opol • Salay • Sugbongcogon • Tagoloan • Talisayan • Villanueva
Cities in the Province of Misamis Oriental: Cagayan de Oro City • El Salvador City • Gingoog City
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of Misamis Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Misamis Oriental Province|
Location of Misamis Oriental within The Philippines
Provincial Capitol of Misamis Oriental
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Geography of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The province has an irregular coastline indented by two-bays - Macajalar and Gingoog. The eastern part consists of angular hills cut by streams in deep gorges. The central part is characterized by sloping lowlands and river valleys. The western part has rough hills rising abruptly from the sea. The coastal lowlands are narrow. Cagayan de Oro is on the east bank of the Cagayan River which flows from the rugged interior mountains. Originally called Cagayan de Misamis, its name was changed to the present one after the Spaniards discovered gold in the river. The eastern part of the province has pronounced rainfall from November to January. The central and western parts are relatively dry from November to April and wet the rest of the year.
Location of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- 8.7500° N, 125.0000° E - Misamis Oriental, Coordinates
Misamis Oriental is in northern Mindanao. It is bounded on the north by Macajalar Bay and the Bohol Sea, on the east by Agusan del Norte, on the west by Iligan Bay, and on the south by Bukidnon and Lanao del Norte. Cagayan de Oro is a highly urbanized city.
History of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The name "Misamis" comes from the word "kuyamis," a local variety of sweet coconut. The province's original inhabitants were the Bukidnons and the Manobos but they were driven into the interior when Visayas settlers arrives. Misamis used to be a part of the diocese of Cebu. In 1818, it became a corregimento comprised of four divisions: Misamis, including Iligan, Dapitan, Cagayan, and Catarman, on the island of Camiguin. In 1850, it included Bukidnon and the northern part of Cotabato.
At the close of the Spanish era, Misamis constituted one of the seven districts of Mindanao. On November 2, 1929, Legislative Act No. 3537 divided Misamis into two provinces. However, it was not until November 28, 1939 that the division was formally implemented under Act No. 3777.
People of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The majority of the population in the coastal lowlands are of Visayan descent. The main dialect is Cebuano. In the hills may be found the Bukidnon tribe between Lugait and Balingasay towns in the province's western part, and the Higaonon and Manobo in Gingoog City and Magsaysay municipality in the eastern part. Other dialects spoken in the province are Hiligaynon, Waray, and Maranao.
- Elected officials of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Misamis Oriental: Yevgeny "Bambi" Vincente Beja Emano - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Misamis Oriental: Pelaez, Jose Mari Go - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE
- House Representatives of Misamis Oriental:
- 1st District: Peter Mamawag Unabia - LIBERAL PARTY
- 2nd District: UY, JULIETTE - INDEPENDENT
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Lagbas, Benedict Penalosa
- Pelaez, Vincent Khu
- Dumadag, Virgelia Faelnar
- Bernaldez, Jabi Abing Ibao
- Lagbas, Roldan Artadi
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Emano, Heckert Hernando Jude Vega
- Acain, Mercy Grace Jajalla
- Madjos, Nancy Sumili
- Mugot, Emmanuel Saplot
- Actub, Boris Olivier Halibas
- Elected officials of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Misamis Oriental: Oscar Seriña Moreno
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Misamis Oriental: Norris Casiño Babiera Sr.
- House Representatives of Misamis Oriental:
- 1st District: Peter Mamawag Unabia - LIBERAL PARTY
- 2nd District: UY, JULIETTE INDEPENDENT
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Misamis Oriental for the term of 2010 - 2013
Businesses in Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
DEL MONTE PINEAPPLE CANNERY. Production area in Bugo, Cagayan de Oro City; processes juices and cocktails, among others.
MINDANAO PRODUCT SHOWROOM. Display area of all handicrafts in Region 10; managed by the Department of Trade and Industry in cooperation with the Cagayan Oro Chamber of Commerce.
OSTRICH AND CROCODILE FARM (Opol, Misamis Oriental). Owned by local Filipino-Chinese entrepreneurs and supplying the local markets and Manila.
MINDANAO SILK MULBERRY FARM (Claveria, Misamis Oriental). Houses the Philippine Textile Research Institute Mindanao Office.
PHIVIDEC INDUSTRIAL ESTATE (Tagoloan, Misamis Oriental). Home to several multinational corporations and big industries.
CERAMIC MAKING (Bulua, Cagayan de Oro). Items include jars, plates, and ornamental/gift items, among others.
APTPCO (Gingoog City). Produces plywood.
INDO PHIL. OIL MILL (Medina, Misamis Oriental). Produces coconut oil.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Misamis Oriental, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Misamis Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Methodist churches in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Misamis Oriental here.
- List the Baptist churches in Misamis Oriental here.
Schools in Misamis Oriental, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Misamis Oriental can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Misamis Oriental you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Misamis Oriental, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Misamis Oriental, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Misamis Oriental Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Misamis Oriental in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Misamis Oriental. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Misamis Oriental landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Misamis Oriental.
- Philippines has ‘rare kind of economic resilience’ – Moody’s
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Debt watcher Moody’s Investors Service says the Philippine economy remains resilient to the current headwinds buffeting neighboring countries and emerging markets as a whole.
- The credit rating agency cited the country’s rare kind of economic resilience against a challenging global environment and pointed out the Philippines is well ahead of other emerging markets in terms of managing external adversities ........ Full Story»
- Tourist arrivals up 9.8% in 8 months
- Monday, October 12, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - International tourist arrivals went up 9.87 percent to 3.590 million in the first eight months from 3.267 million in the same period last year on the back of strong arrivals from the country’s top 12 markets, the Department of Tourism (DOT) reported over the weekend.
- For August alone, visitor arrivals surged 18.41 percent to 480,690 from 405,970 a year ago ........ Full Story»
- World mountain bike tiff set next month
- Tuesday, October 12, 2015 12:57 pm
- MANILA, Philippines – Nuvali will stage the Philippine qualifying leg of the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) Mountain Bike World Championship at the annual "Dirt Weekend" set November 6-8 at Nuvali in Laguna.
- The race, which started six years ago, will gather some of the country's top professional mountain bikers and enthusiasts alike in an event that will be sanctioned by the UCI, cycling's world governing body ................................ Full Story»
Misamis Oriental Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|9000||Cagayan de Oro City||Misamis Oriental|
|9014||Gingoog City||Misamis Oriental|
|9017||El Salvador||Misamis Oriental|
Mining firms with permits from DENR threaten Misor
- Source: http://www.goldstardailynews.com/northern-mindanao-%7C%7C-x/9351-mining-firms-with-permits-from-denr-threaten-misor.html
- Friday, May 11, 2012
- by goldstardailynews.com
MISAMIS Oriental's Provincial Peace and Order Council (PPOC) has sounded alarm bells over reports that at least seven large-scale mining firms were allowed to operate in the province by the environment department. Already, the mining firms are posing a threat to the water source of Alubijid, according to a town official. Vice Gov. Norris Babiera, vice chairperson of the PPOC, said he was surprised to find out that the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) approved the exploration permits of the mining firms. The permits, he said, would allow the firms to operate in the western par ts of the province.
The PPOC is in the forefront of a campaign against destructive mining operations in the province. Together with of ficials in Opol town, authorities have raided mining sites along the Iponan River. Jose Camenci, Alubijid's municipal planning and development coordinator, reported to the PPOC that several mining firms were already operating in the hinterLand villages of the town without consultating the town government. "These mining firms are operating within the declared Alubijid watershed areas. If this will not be stopped, then our source of water would be affected," he said. Officials identified the mining firms: Cessmag Development Inc. (5,582 hectares), Mindanao Astoria Mining Corp. (6,638.581 hectares), Pilipinas Mining Resources Inc. (468.22 hectares), Sunrise Pacific Rim Minerals Resources Inc. (2,106 hectares), Bountiful Geomines, Inc. (1,945.7379 hectares), APC Mining Corp. (2,367.6275 hectares) and Linktone Peak Resources Inc. (13,954.37 hectares).
"I was shocked when the report reached the council," Babiera told The Gold Star Daily. He said local officials were asked to coordinate with various people's organizations, and church and non-government organizations to mobilize and show their opposition to mining operations in the province. Babiera said the PPOC was trying to find out who exactly approved the exploration permits.
Misamis Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Misamis Oriental, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Misamis Oriental? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Misamis Oriental. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Misamis Oriental.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Misamis Oriental, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Misamis Oriental Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.