Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
Barangays of Meycauayan City in the Bulacan Province, Philippines
Bagbaguin • Bahay Pare • Bancal • Banga • Bayugo • Caingin • Calvario • Camalig • Hulo • Iba • Langka • Lawa • Libtong • Liputan • Longos • Malhacan • Pajo • Pandayan • Pantoc • Perez • Poblacion • Saint Francis • Saluysoy • Tugatog • Ubihan • Zamora
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Meycauayan City is in the Bulacan province and within Region III in central Luzon. Meycauayan is one of the oldest towns in the province of Bulacan and in the entire Philippines. The Franciscans established the town in 1578, a few years after the founding of the city of Manila. According to historical notes, the first missionaries to come to this town were Fathers Juan de Placencia and Diego de Oropesa.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Bulacan province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Angat | Balagtas | Baliuag | Bocaue | Bulacan | Bustos | Calumpit | Doña Remedios Trinidad | Guiguinto | Hagonoy | Marilao | Norzagaray | Obando | Pandi | Paombong | Plaridel | Pulilan | San Ildefonso | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Maria
Cities in the Province of Bulacan: Malolos City (Capital) | Meycauayan City | San Jose Del Monte City
Seal of Meycauayan City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Meycauayan City, Bulacan Province|
Map location of Meycauayan City
Map location of Bulacan Province
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Meycauayan City Hall
Meycauayan City old municipality Hall
Meycauayan River Leading to Public Market
Meycauayan church Marker
Parish Church of St. Francis of Assisi, Meycauayan City, Bulacan
- Meycauayan City has a total of 26 barangays
- Meycauayan City is in the "4th" Voting Congressional District of Bulacan.
- Registered Voters of Meycauayan City as of (2010) = 128,042
- Population of Meycauayan City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 196,569
- Land Area of Meycauayan City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 3,210
- Meycauayan City is a 3rd class Component City and Urban.
- Meycauayan City is in the Bulacan province and within Region III in central Luzon.
- City Government of Meycauayan City
- Poblacion, Meycauayan City, Bulacan Philippines 03020
- Tel: +63(44) 840-8604; 228-2724
- Fax: +63(44) 228-2678
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Geography of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares): 3,210
Location of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- 14.7333° N, 120.9500° E - Meycauayan, Coordinates
History of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- article below is from: www.bulacan.gov.ph/meycauayan verbatim
Meycauayan is one of the oldest towns in the province of Bulacan and in the entire Philippines. The Franciscans established the town in 1578, a few years after the founding of the city of Manila. According to historical notes, the first missionaries to come to this town were Fathers Juan de Placencia and Diego de Oropesa. The "poblacion" was first established in Malhacan, earthquake, and the church including big houses collapsed. Because of this, the town proper was transferred to Lagulo. But Lagulo also did not last long as the town's poblacion. Aetas oftentimes visited the place; hence, the church was transferred in place full of bamboos (makawayan). From this place, the town's name derived. If not for this incident, the town would have been known as Malhacan or Lagulo. The transfer was made by Father Pedro Bautista, the priest who was held martyr in the country of Japan and was canonized into sainthood by the Papal seat in Rome.
Also, according to history, the town of Meycauayan, being a big place and the oldest in this part of Bulacan was alluded to as the prime town of the province of the same name. It was also proven by the book "Estado dela Provincia" printed in 1865 and written by Gregorio Magno, who described the town and its neighboring places as forested and wild, the people trekked to the vast expanse of the field and lands.
It was also during those times that Meycauayan was the center because besides its market, the headquarters of the Spaniards was established here. The then Meycauayan was composed of Polo and Obando, Marilao, Bocaue and San Jose del Monte. Corresponding to the changes of the primary towns, the name of the province was also changed from Meycauayan to Bulacan.
The neighboring town of Bocaue was founded in the year 1582, four or five years after the establishment of the town Meycauayan. It could also be gleaned from historical transitions before the Spaniards came, that the town of Meycauayan was progressive place, abundant and considered as a city.
It was in the year of 1623 when the town of Polo was detached from Meycauayan and followed by other towns, which now independently exist. (Polo was incorporated to the town of Valenzuela now a pat of Metro Manila). The last town to become independent from the town of Meycauayan was Marilao in 1913.
Because of the continuous progress of the town, a concrete bridge was built in 1791, which up to now exist as a historical document in Meycauayan's legacy.
RA 9021 converted the municipality of Meycauayan, province of Bulacan, into a component city. (AM No. 07-6-160-MTCC, re: Conversion of the Municipality of Meycauayan Into a Component City, July 24, 2000).
People of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Population (as of May 1, 2010) Census: 199,154
- Population (as of Aug 1, 2007): 196,569
- Registered Voters (2010) as per COMELEC: 104,902
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Meycauayan City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Meycauayan City: Joan Velasco Alarilla
- Vice-Mayor of Meycauayan City: Rafael Santiago Manzano Jr.
- Councilors of Meycauayan City:
- Atadero, Raoul Milan
- Paguio, Elmer Evangelista
- Aguirre, Mario Austria
- Ramirez, David Michael Delos Santos
- Villarico, Rafael Giancarlo Testa
- Abacan, Catherine Calma
- Rosales, Tomas Nito
- Dulalia, Susan Soriano
- Certeza, Danilo Armado
- Velasco, Arnaldo Rivera
- Elected officials of Meycauayan City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Joan Velasco Alarilla
- Vice-Mayor: Rafael Santiago Manzano Jr.
- Elected officials of Meycauayan City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Joan Velasco Alarilla
- Vice-Mayor: Salvador D. Violago Sr.
- City Councilors:
Barangay Elected Officials of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines for 2010-2013 Term
Businesses in Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- Industrial Estates:
- Meycauayan Industrial Subd. I, II, III and IV
- Address: Iba and Pantoc, Meycauayan
- Tel. No: +63(44) 840-8486; 840-9806;
- (2) 818-8130; 818-4238
- Fax. No: +63(44) 695-0647 to 48
- Meridian Industrial Compound
- Address: Malhacan, Iba and Libtong, Meycauayan
- Meridian Group Investors Corp.
- Tel. No: +63(44) 840-7423
- Muralla Industrial Project
- Address: Libtong and Perez, Meycauayan
- Phil-Ville Dev't and Housing Corp
- Contact Person: Ms. Carolina VIllangco
- Tel. No: +63(2) 361-2566; 362-4183; 361-5856
- Fax. No: +63(2) 362-4182
- First Velenzuela Industrial Compound
- Address: Bancal, Meycauayan
- MDJ/HAS Construction and Wayland Properties Corp.
- Tel. No: +63(2) 937-3770
- Sterling Industrial Park Phase I, II, III and IV
- Address: Iba, Meycauayan
- Marketing Department
- Tel. No: +63(2) 887-7741; 888-4790 to 92; 813-7828 loc. 221
- Meycauayan City Realty
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Meycauayan City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Meycauayan City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Major Industries:
Fine jewelry making, leather products manufacturing, commercial establishments
- Major Products:
Fine Jewelries, Leather bags, Leather Shoes, Leather Belts
- Indigenous/Raw Materials Available:
Processed Leather for leather products, Refined Gold for fine jewelry making
If you have a job available and that job is within Meycauayan City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Meycauayan City" page.
Natural Resources of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Meycauayan City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Meycauayan City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Meycauayan City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Meycauayan City.
Your Story about Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest living man or woman in Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in your community of Meycauayan City? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Meycauayan City. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Tourist arrivals up 9.8% in 8 months
- Monday, October 12, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - International tourist arrivals went up 9.87 percent to 3.590 million in the first eight months from 3.267 million in the same period last year on the back of strong arrivals from the country’s top 12 markets, the Department of Tourism (DOT) reported over the weekend.
- For August alone, visitor arrivals surged 18.41 percent to 480,690 from 405,970 a year ago ........ Full Story»
- PH banking sector seen on solid footing
- Sunday, October 11, 2015 9:56 pm
- The Philippine banking sector should stay on a sustainable footing amid near-term challenges, a Fitch-owned research firm said, with support primarily coming from domestic demand.
- The upbeat outlook, BMI Asia analyst Chan Jin Lai said, “owes to our expectations for domestic demand conditions to remain supportive of sustained loan growth, continued bank balance sheet strength and macro-prudential measures implemented by the BSP (Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas) that will eventually pay off over the long term in terms of safeguarding financial stability in the Philippines.” ........ Full Story»
- Festivals and Events in May
Pattaraday Festival-May 1–5(Santiago city) ★ Katagman Festival - May 3(Oton,Iloilo) ★ Panagat Festival-May 2–8 (Buruanga, Aklan) ★ Binatbatan Festival of the Arts - First week of May, Vigan City ★ Obando Fertility Rites - May 17, 18 & 19 Obando, Bulacan ★ Domorokdok Festival-May 4 Botolan Zambales ★ Bariw Festival- May 14–15 Nabas, Aklan ★ Pahiyas Festival - May 15, Lucban, Quezon ★ Agawan Festival - May 15, Sariaya, Quezon ★ Araquio Festival - May, Gen.Tinio, Nueva Ecija ★ Pasayahan sa Lucena (St. Ferdinand) -May 30, Lucena, Philippines ★ Samahang Bulaklakan Festival - Last Sunday of May, Siniloan, Laguna ★ Tapusan Float Parade Festival - May 31, Alitagtag, Batangas ★ Festivity of Saint Michael - May 7–8 San Miguel, Panganiban, Catanduanes [Louie B. dela Cruz] ★ Binirayan Festival - May 1, San Jose de Buenavista, Antique ★ Araña`t Baluarte Festival- May 15 Gumaca, Quezon ★ Pista ng Banal na Krus- Every 2nd Saturday of May, Tanza, Navotas City ★ Pangisraan Festival- May 1–10 Calatrava, Romblon ★ Ati-atihan Festival - Last Saturday of May - Brgy. 7, Fermont Village, Victorias City, Neg. Occ. ★ Pastulan Festival- Every 2nd Saturday of May. San Pascual, Batangas
- Chua, Malig top 19th Sletba Open Masters finals
- Monday, October 12, 2015 7:02 pm
- A battle between two perfect gamers put a fitting finale to the 19th SLETBA Open Championships last Sunday at the Sta. Lucia East Grand Mall Bowling Center in Cainta, Rizal.
- Kenneth Chua and Ivan Malig, both members of the Philippine team and of TBAM-Prima, kept the crowd on their toes with a fierce fight that was decided only in the last frame of the 12th and final game in the Open Masters division. In the end, Chua topped the grueling series with a total score of 2769, edging Malig, who had 2744, by 25 pins ................................ Full Story»
Meycauayan City News
Miss Meycauayan City Christine Emilia Luz Hermoso, 25, 5’5” tall, measures 32–25–36, a Communication Arts graduate from Assumption College, works as a Web Content Developer at the Marketing Department of Viva Films.
Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Meycauayan City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bulacan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Meycauayan City, Bulacan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.