Manito, Albay, Philippines
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Albay Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacacay | Camalig | Daraga (Locsin) | Guinobatan | Jovellar | Libon | Malilipot | Malinao | Manito | Oas | Pio Duran | Polangui | Rapu-Rapu | Santo Domingo (Libog) | Tiwi
Cities in the province of Albay: Legazpi City (Capital) | City Of Ligao | City Of Tabaco
Seal of the Municipality of Manito, Albay
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Manito, Albay, Philippines|
Location of Albay within the Philippines
Municipality Hall of Manito, Albay
- Manito has a total of 15 barangays
- Registered Voters of Manito as of (2010) = 11,899
- Manito is in the "2nd" Voting District of Albay.
- Population of Manito (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 21,652
- Land Area of Manito (as of 2007, in hectares) = 10,740
- Manito is a 4th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Manito is in the Albay province and within Region V - in the southern tip of the island of luzon also called the Bicol Region.
Geography of Manito, Albay, Philippines
Geography of Manito
Location of Manito, Albay, Philippines
Manito is located ....
History of Manito, Albay, Philippines
MANITO BRIEF HISTORY
MANITO is located on the eastern part of Albay, elevated as plateau facing Legazpi City: on the west of the Albav Gulf and surrounded by mountains on the east and south.
The poblacion Is just a stone's throw away from the seashore. It is hounded between two rivers, the Camanitohan and buvo divers that serve as Irrigation for small ricefield and sources of the residents.
Contrary to the people of this small town believe, the first settlers in the area came from Bacon, Cagraray Island or Casiguran which are geographically situated near Manito In prehistoric time, the Bicolanos from the above mentioned places had shown evidence of civilization. Recently artifacts unearthed from this place both by Filipino and foreign anthropologist show that Bicol Is Indeed Inhabited first by Bicolanos, not traders from foreign lands.
In 1840, a few settlers the Visayas can and settled in the place near the coast of Manito, because of fear from Moro marauders. They officially established the place and named It Manito, because it was abounding In clinging vine called "nito” Which belongs to rattan family and is used as raw material for making baskets. When nito vines are artistically made into baskets, the finished products are very beautiful because of the natural dark brown color similar to the color of coffee. The prefix "Ma” means plenty Manito means "plenty of nito".
Later, natives form the neighboring towns of Albay, Bacon, and Rapu-rapu who a fled from the Moro raiders found a safer place near the seashore and near the thick west Of Manito. In the post this town was surrounded by thick forest that gave natural fiction — o haven of safety and comport — to the Visayan settlers. Although they were braved and courageous they lacked arms and ammunitions to fight the Moros.
In the early years at settlement the center of this place that soon became the poblacion had only a fear scattered houses surrounded' to pour in, the forests were awed. The cleared areas were planted with abaca and other crops. Due to the abundance of food and money which the people earned through the sale of their forest and agricultural products Manito became a progressive settlement. But today it is left Mind by neighboring towns. This is probable due to its poor natural location and lack of industry. Forests are mostly denuded due to concession granting permission In the awn of trees in 1980s, while replanting of trees was neglected. Perhaps if nito vines had been planted together with other forest trees, the income atone fir this industry might be one of the major source of the residents these days.
The patron saint of this town is St. Rafael the Archangel whose feast day is celebrated every 24 dap of October.
In 1882 the municipality of Manito emerged in the limelight by virtue of PD k.20364 establishing Manito as reservation area for Geothermal Exploration and development On June 1904, the BACMAN geothermal Project has started its full operation and on October 80,1998, His Excellency President Joseph Estrada Inaugurated the additional 1.5 megawatt power/multi-crop drying plant located at Pawa, Manito in support of his food security program.
People of Manito, Albay, Philippines
Total Population of Manito as 2010 census: 22,819
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Manito for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Manito: Caesar "TOY" Sabater Daep (NP)
- Vice-Mayor of Manito: Jerry "JER" Dasalla Arizapa (NP)
- Councilor of Manito
- Arly "ARLY" Cansilao Guiriba (NP)
- Carlito "LITO" Jadie Belludo (NP)
- Loida "JOY" Joy Osida Benitez (PDP)
- Marjun "JUN" Daria Dagsil (IND)
- Rene "NONG" Aycardo Espedido (LP)
- Rogelio "ELYO" Agripa Aringo (NP)
- Tomas Jr. "TOM" Uno Ardales (NP)
- Gregorio "GREG" Abellano Bayna (PDP)
- Elected officials of Manito for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Manito: Caesar Sabater Daep
- Vice-Mayor of Manito: Jerry Dasalla Arizapa
- Councilors of Manito:
Barangay Elected Officials of Manito, Albay
Businesses in Manito, Albay, Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time. Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
Manito, Albay, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Manito, Albay, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Manito, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Manito, Albay, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Manito, Albay, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Manito can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
Sports and Recreation in Manito, Albay, Philippines
- We invite you to provide everyone with information on your favorite sports teams or recreation in Manito.
- The name of your sports/recreation, address, phone number.
- Upload the picture of your place of sports or recreation.
- Manito Sports & Recreation Photos
Arts and Culture in Manito, Albay, Philippines
- Let the world explore and relate to the creative and living experience that is unique to Manito.
- Design Arts, Film, Literature, Music, Entertainment, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and any cultural identity that says: Manito!
- Upload the pictures of your favorite Arts & Culture topic.
- Manito Arts & Culture Photos
Economy of Manito, Albay, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Manito you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Manito, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Manito, Albay, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Manito, Albay" page.
Natural Resources of Manito, Albay, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Manito, Albay, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Manito in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Manito. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
Landmarks: Monuments or Historic buildings in Manito, Albay, Philippines
- Upload The photos about landmarks in Manito.
- Pictures of Landmarks
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Manito, Albay, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Manito.
- Fiesta date of Manito is celebrated every 24th day of October.
- The patron saint of this town is St. Rafael the Archangel.
Your festival, fiesta, traditions story below:
Your Story/News about Manito, Albay, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so for specificity: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
If you want the tittle to be more generic then do this: "Philippines by Your name". You can insert your picture of anywhere in the Philippines in this page. This will be your personal WIKI social media page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
- In 1982, the municipality of Manito came into the limelight when then President Marcos issued P.D. 2036-A establishing a large part in Manito (a portion of Bacon Sorsogon) as reservation area for a Geothermal Project (subject to private rights, of course)
Almost 1/4 of the area comprising almost five Barangays (boroughs) covering 6.5 kilometers across is owned by the late Cesario Fabricante (a prominent Bicolano lawyer) and Maria Garchitorena (a daughter of the first governor of Camarines Sur & colleague of Gen. Aguinaldo - Don Andreson) and passed it on intact to their heirs Sr. Blesila (a nun, Daughters of Charity), Cesar Augusto and Tiberio Cesar. It is a beautiful pristine place free of pollution from locomotives. It is the home of the Philippine National Oil Corporation and the National Power Corp of the Philippines where the former operates its steam fields and the later its power plant generation.
The area was depopulated by then president Marcos to prevent it from becoming a breeding ground of the local branch of the NPA. Its history goes back to prehistoric times when it showed evidence of civilization and artifacts uncovered showed it inhabited by Bicolanos. Settlers from visayas came in in 1840 fleeing from Moro marauders. The rattan family called locally as "Nito" is used as raw material for making baskets and furniture, thus the name Manito. "The prefix "Ma" means plenty and "nito" make for "Manito" which means plenty of nito.
In the early years the poblacion only had a few scattered homes surrounded by forest. The more than 5 square kilometers owned by the Fabricante Estate is the only one preserved from the ravages of deforestation and abuse. When PNOC built the roads crossing the estate, it had preserved the environmental integrity of the land where few automobiles other than those authorized gain access to its facility which includes a large administrative building near its pipelines and steam plants. From user: IP-Address:188.8.131.52 on 00:26, 12 December 2009
The oldest man or woman in Manito, Albay, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Manito. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Manito. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Families of Manito, Albay, Philippines
List of Families whose names are deeply rooted in Manito.
NameAA | NameBB | NameCC | NameDD | NameEE | (More…)
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Manito.
Why Z-Wiki Manito, Albay, Philippines?
We want to give the people of Manito the ability to promote their community to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Manito is not dependent upon one individual. This website will grow as more people of Manito participate and collaborate in providing valid information about their community and also by uploading photographs about their community. More power to Manito.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.