Manay Davao Oriental Philippines
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Davao Oriental province within Region XI in the Repulbic of The Philippines
Baganga || Banaybanay || Boston || Caraga || Cateel || Governor Generoso || Lupon || Manay || San Isidro || Tarragona
Cities in Davao Oriental: Mati City(Capital)
please upload picture
Manay within the province of Davao Oriental
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Davao Oriental Province|
Location of Davao Oriental within The Philippines
Manay Municipal Hall
please upload picture
- Manay has a total of 17 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Manay as of (2010) = 25,492
- Manay is in the "1st" Voting Congressional District of Davao Oriental.
- Population of Manay (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 38,067
- Land Area of Manay (as of 2007, in hectares) = 41,836
- Manay is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Manay is in the Davao Oriental province and within Region XI–Davao Region in the island of mindanao
Geography of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Manay Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)=
Location of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Manay is in the Davao Oriental province in the island of mindanao
- Davao Oriental is within Region_XI
History of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The beginning of Manay
People of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Manay Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) =
- Manay Registered Voters (2009) =
Local Government Unit LGU of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Manay for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Manay: DAYANGHIRANG, JM (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Manay: CRAVE, JOJO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Manay:
- DAYANGHIRANG, ANTERO JR. (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 10435 11.61%
- MARIANO, VP (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 10076 11.21%
- LAHORA, BENJIE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 10048 11.18%
- QUIBO, JAPHET (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9443 10.51%
- MORALIZON, HUBERTO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7700 8.57%
- BALANTE, KEN-KEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 7272 8.09%
- DIUYAN, ROY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 6287 7.00%
- TENGSON, HONESTO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 6063 6.75%
- Elected officials of Manay for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Manay: Jon Marco Mendoza Dayanghirang
- Vice-Mayor of Manay: Alvino Tuba Manuay
- Councilors of Manay:
Barangay Elected Officials of Manay, Davao Oriental
Businesses in Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Manay.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Manay
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Sports News of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Manay? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Manay? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Manay.
- PSL bets sparkle in Perth swimfest
- Monday, April 21, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Swimming League (PSL) got off to a hot start, winning eight gold, two silver and three bronze medals on the opening day of the prestigious 2014 Australia Swimming Championships – All Stars Swimming Challenge being held at the Challenge Stadium in Perth.
- University of Santo Tomas (UST) standout Sean Terrence Zamora led the onslaught of the Filipino tankers as he bagged five golds in the boys’ 13 years category. He ruled the 50-meter freestyle (26.64), 100m breaststroke (1:17.24), 50m butterfly (29.24) and 100m backstroke (1:07.41) then anchored the Team Asia in copping the 4x50m freestyle relay gold medal in the 13-14 years class ....................... Full Story»
News and Events
- PNoy: Make positive transformation of PH society permanent
- Monday, April 21, 2014
- MANILA, April 21 – In his Easter message, President Benigno S. Aquino III challenged Filipinos to pursue the gains made by his Administration when he steps down in 2016, even as he assured that good governance and economic progress will be strengthened in the remainder of his term.
- He said that government institutions will be further strengthened, and more corrupt officials will be held accountable, even as the economy continues to grow and the lives of the people improve ....................... Full Story»
- Barclays sees peso strengthening in next 3 months
- Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The peso will likely strengthen further in the next three months as recent monetary policy adjustments keep the currency stable amid a strong dollar, UK-based investment bank Barclays said.
- “[A] slightly more hawkish central bank since the recent changes in monetary policy settings has helped keep the Philippine peso in a stable range,” the bank said in a research note ....................... Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Manay, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
The name of your school in Manay can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Manay you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Manay, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Manay in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Manay. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Manay landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Manay.
Your Story about Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines
Tell your story about Manay. You can talk about the good things in Manay or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Manay. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Manay, Davao Oriental, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Pictures of Manay
- Click HERE to view more PHOTOS about Manay.
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.