Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The 37 Barangays of Liloy, in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region 9 in the Republic of the Philippines
Banigan • Baybay • Cabangcalan • Canaan • Candelaria • Causwagan • Comunal • Compra • De la Paz • El Paraiso • Fatima • Ganase • Goaw • Goin • Kayok • La Libertad • Lamao • Mabuhay • Maigang • Malila • Mauswagon • New Bethlehem • Overview • Panabang • Patawag • Punta • San Francisco • San Isidro • San Miguel • San Roque • Santa Cruz • Santo Niño • Silucap • Tapican • Timan • Villa Calixto Sudiacal • Villa M. Tejero
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of (25) Municipalities and (2) Cities in the Zamboanga del Norte Province within Region IX in the Republic of The Philippines
Baliguian || Godod || Gutalac || Jose Dalman || Kalawit || Katipunan || La Libertad || Labason || Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan) || Liloy || Manukan || Mutia || Pinan || Polanco || Pres. Manuel Roxas || Rizal || Salug || Sergio Osmena Sr. || Siayan || Sibuco || Sibutad || Sindangan || Siocon || Sirawai || Tampilisan
Cities in the Province of Zamboanga del Norte: Dapitan City || Dipolog City - Capital
|All 691 barangays in the province of Zamboanga del Norte has an Interactive Webpage of its own. Your help via information updates or picture uploads will be greatly appreciated.|
Official Seal of Liloy Municipality
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte|
Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte
Liloy Municipal Hall and Heath Clinic.
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Liloy Bus Terminal
Kapilya de Immaculada Concepcion
Municipal Library and Information Center
DXJR FM Radio 93.7, Comunal Liloy
- Liloy has a total of 37 barangays
- Registered Voters of Liloy as of (2010) = 25,374
- Liloy is in the 3rd Voting District of Zamboanga del Norte
- Population of Liloy (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 36,948
- Land Area of Liloy (as of 2007, in hectares) = 12,843
- Liloy is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Liloy is in the Zamboanga del Norte province and within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula.
Geography of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Liloy Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 12,843
Location of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Located at the Northwestern side of Zamboanga peninsula at Latitude 8 degrees 06 minutes north and longitude 122 degrees 38 minutes east.
- Liloy is in the Zamboanga del Norte province.
- Zamboanga del Norte is within Region_IX in the Zamboanga Peninsula
- Liloy is one of the 18 "coastal" towns (with seashores bordering the Sulu Sea) of Zamboanga del Norte starting from the border of Zamboanga City and are lined up as follows: 1 Sibuco, 2 Sirawai, 3 Siocon, 4 Baliguian, 5 Gutalac, 6 Labason, 7 Liloy, 8 Salug, 9 Leon B. Postigo (Bacungan), 10 Sindangan, 11 Jose Dalman, 12 Manukan, 13, Pres. Manuel A. Roxas, 14 Katipunan, 15 Dipolog City, 16 Dapitan City, 17 Sibutad, 18 Rizal. Rizal borders the province of Misamis Occidental
How to get to Liloy
History of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Liloy is one of the most promising of the twelve towns of the 3rd Congressional District of Zamboanga del Norte. It was once a barrio of Municipality of Sindangan. It was created and become a duly constituted municipal corporation by virtue of Executive Order No. 469 issued by President Elpidio Quirino on August 22, 1951 but was unorganized and inaugurated on December 16, of the same year.
A huge portion of the territorial jurisdiction of Liloy had been taken away as a result of the creation and separation of Salug in 1959 and later in Tampilisan in 1978. Now the total land area is only 12,843 hectares, seventy-eight percent of the land area is agricultural planted to coconuts, corn, rice, and root crop. Residential area is sixty-five (65) hectares. Commercial area at present is nine (9) hectares; Industrial area is found in Barangay Timan and Sta. Cruz with a total land area of (10); institutional land is fifty (50) hectares and the rest comprise the open space and road right of – way. What maybe considered urban land according to the records in the assessor’s office are eight hundred sixty hectares and this increasing very fast with the approaching full operation of Liloy's wharf.
- article from Wikipedia
People of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Liloy Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 36,948
- Liloy Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 25,374
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Liloy for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Liloy: Felixberto Carillo Bolando - LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Liloy: Alfred Uy Chan - NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Liloy:
- UY, JUN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 6305 8.85%
- BOLANDO, FELICIANO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5580 7.83%
- GALLO, BOBOY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5574 7.82%
- DUMASAPAL, DINDO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5520 7.75%
- CAPERIDA, CEASAR (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5461 7.67%
- GALLO, GERRY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 5371 7.54%
- DAAROL, LALAY (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4882 6.85%
- DAAROL, LALANG (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 4877 6.85%
- Elected officials of Liloy for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Liloy: Jaime Nantes Lim
- Vice-Mayor of Liloy: Alfred Uy Chan
- Councilors of Liloy:
- Elected officials of Liloy for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Jaime Nantes Lim
- Vice-Mayor: Alfred Uy Chan
- SK President: ?
Barangay Elected Officials of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte
Businesses in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Liloy. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Businesses in Liloy
- Auto, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, and Financial Institutions in Liloy
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores
- Gwynn Enterprises, Baybay, Liloy
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses. Boarding houses, and Resorts
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops in Liloy
- Salons, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Radio Station DXJR 93.70, Comunal, Liloy
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Liloy, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
- Elementary Schools in Liloy:
- High School:
- Lisun Institute - Private institute offering the secondary course. Located in the heart of the Barangay Fatima, near the Fatima Public Market.
- Liloy National High School - Public high school in the Liloy town.
- Liloy National High School-Compra Annex- is an extension campus of the LNHS located at the downtown's neighboring barangay, Compra.
- Ave Maria College
- Lisun Institute
Economy of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Liloy you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Liloy, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Liloy Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Liloy Zamboanga del Norte" page.
Natural Resources of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
- PH Blu Boys advance to Asian softball semifinals
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:01 am
- THE Philippines’ Blu Boys got off to a hot start in the Asian Men’s Softball Championship, winning back-to-back games and securing a spot in the semifinal round at the Kallang Softbnall Diamond Stadium Walk in Singapore.
- The Filipinos blasted Pakistan, 21-0, to serve notice of their title aspirations in this tournament ............................... Full Story»
- EU grants Philippines zero tariffs on strategic exports
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 8:00 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - The European Parliament on Thursday night (Manila time) completed the last stage in the process to grant the Philippines GSP+ that will provide duty free entry to the EU for some of the most important Philippine exports.
- The GSP+ preferences cover over 6,200 tariff lines including fruit and foodstuffs, coconut oil, footwear, fish and textiles ......................... Full Story»
- NEDA prepares P625-B PPP projects
- Wednesday, December 17, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The National Economic and Development Authority – Investment Coordination Committee (NEDA-ICC) is set to discuss on Friday eight public private partnership (PPP) projects worth P625 billion including the rebidding of the Cavite – Laguna expressway (Calax) and the Swiss challenge for the North Luzon and South Luzon Expressway connector road.
- PPP Center executive director Cosette Canilao told a press conference on the sidelines of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) PPP Networking Forum that NEDA-ICC is scheduled to discuss the rebidding of the P35.4 billion Calax as well as the Swiss challenge for the P18 billion NLEX-SLEX connector road ......................... Full Story»
Tourists Attractions of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Liloy in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Liloy. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Liloy landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Liloy.
Your Story about Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Tell your story about Liloy. You can talk about the good things in Liloy or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Liloy. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Liloy? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- Tour of Matabungkay 2014 - Billed as “the most awaited road cycling event of the year”, the 2014 Tour of Matabungkay attracted a record number of participants at just over 500 riders across the categories for the challenging four stage 3-day race. Read More
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Liloy.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Zamboanga del Norte Province, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.