Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Barangays of Libacao in the Aklan province of the Philippines
Agmailig • Alfonso XII • Batobato • Bonza • Calacabian • Calamcan • Can-Awan • Casit-an • Dalagsa-an • Guadalupe • Janlud • Julita • Luctoga • Magugba • Manika • Ogsip • Ortega • Oyang • Pampango • Pinonoy • Poblacion • Rivera • Rosal • Sibalew
Help maintain your Barangay WebPage with information updates or picture uploads.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Aklan Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Altavas | Balete | Banga | Batan | Buruanga | Ibajay | Kalibo (Capital) | Lezo | Libacao | Madalag | Makato | Malay | Malinao | Nabas | New Washington | Numancia | Tangalan
Seal of the Municipality of Libacao
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines|
Aklan Province In the Visayas Islands
Municipality Hall of Libacao
- Libacao has a total of 24 barangays
- Registered Voters of Libacao as of (2010) = 16,595
- Libacao is in the "lone" Voting District of Aklan.
- Population of Libacao (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 26,610
- Land Area of Libacao (as of 2007, in hectares) = 25,498
- Libacao is a 3rd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Libacao is in the Aklan province and within Region VI - in the island of panay within the Western Visayas Area.
Geography of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Geography of Libacao
Location of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Libacao is located ....
History of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
The beginning of Libacao
People of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Total Population of Libacao
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Libacao for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Libacao: Vincent "VINCE" Icamina Navarosa (LP)
- Vice-Mayor of Libacao: Charito "CHARIT" Inventado Navarosa (LP)
- Councilor of Libacao
- Aizel "NENE" Manares Villorente (NP)
- Xandro "DONDON" Zante Zapatos (LP)
- Winston "TONTON" Patrimonio Navarosa (LP)
- Rodolfo "ONOY" Zaulda Zolina (LP)
- Napoleon "NAP NAP" Nillasca Navarosa (UNA)
- Mila "NENENG" Aguila Lanciso (UNA)
- Wenefreda "WENNIE" Zorra Solina (NP)
- Robert "DODONG" Zapico Navarrete (LP)
- Elected officials of Libacao for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Libacao: Charito Inventado Navarosa
- Vice-Mayor of Libacao: Ramon Sison Zapata
- Councilors of Libacao:
Barangay Elected Officials of Libacao, Aklan Province
Businesses in Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Libacao, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Libacao can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Libacao you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Libacao, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Libacao, Aklan, Philippines, you may go ahead and Insert your job offer.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Libacao, Aklan" page.
Natural Resources of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
- Source: DENR
- The Municipality of Libacao is located at the center of Panay Island and also the source of all major rivers of the Island. It shares a common boundary with Provinces of Iloilo, Antique and Capiz.
- The Water Source at Libacao is approximately 25 km straight distance to the Municipality of Calinog, Iloilo where MIWD also source an undependable surface water volume during summer months.
- Aklan River is one of the major river basins traversing the island of Panay. Most, if not all of its watershed areas are located in the Aklan province. The watershed or drainage area covers about 760 km2 or so from the mouth of the river which is located at Latitude 11o 43’ and Longitude 122o 23’.
- The watershed has an area of around 25,000 hectares covered with thick forest, thus the abundance of fresh water is dependable even during dry season.
- The Aklan River Head Water Elevation is at around 350 meters above Iloilo City while the Forest range has an elevation from 300 meters up to 1,800 meters above sea level.
- The average discharge of Aklan River is at 25 cubic meters per second that could deliver around 2,160,000 cu.m. a month of fresh unpolluted spring water from the rain forest of Panay Island.
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Libacao in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Libacao. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Libacao landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Libacao.
Libacao, Aklan supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Libacao, Aklan, Philippines
Tell your story about Libacao. You can talk about the good things in Libacao or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Libacao. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Libacao.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Libacao, Aklan, Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Aklan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Libacao, Aklan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.