Lanao del Sur Province, Philippines
List of 39 Municipalities in the Lanao del Sur province within Region XV - ARMM in the Republic of The Philippines
Bacolod-Kalawi || Balabagan || Balindong || Bayang || Binidayan || Buadiposo-Buntong || Bubong || Butig || Bumbaran || Calanogas || Ditsaan-Ramain || Ganassi || Kapai || Kapatagan || Lumba-Bayabao || Lumbaca-Unayan || Lumbatan || Lumbayanague || Madalum || Madamba || Maguing || Malabang || Marantao || Marogong || Masiu || Mulondo || Pagayawan || Piagapo || Picong || Poona Bayabao || Pualas || Saguiaran || Sultan Dumalondong || Tagoloan II || Tamparan || Taraka || Tubaran || Tugaya || Wao
Cities in the Province of Lanao del Sur: Marawi City (Capital)
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Seal of the Province of Lanao del Sur
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Lanao del Sur|
Lanao del Sur Province within The Philippines
Welcome Arch to Lanao del Sur
Provincial Capitol Building of Lanao del Sur
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
ASA Khan Museum
Lanao del Sur Province, Philippines
- Marawi City is the capital of Lanao del Sur
- Lanao del Sur has a total of 1,159 barangays, 39 municipalites, and 1 city
- Divided into two congressional districts
- Registered Voters of Lanao del Sur as of (2010) = 275,572
- Population of Lanao del Sur (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 1,138,544
- The province of Lanao del Sur is within Region XV-ARMM(Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao)
- As of 2009 Lanao del Sur is classified as a First Class province.
Location of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- 7.9167° N, 124.3333° E - Lanao del Sur, Coordinates
- The province of Lanao del Sur is within Region XV-ARMM(Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao)
History of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Source: Lanao del Sur LGU
Lanao del Sur has a long and colorful history to share. The Darangen epic, famous among the Maranao, relates about the events and people and gives description to the old towns during pre-colonial times. Lanao is the home of the Maranao Sultanate known today as the four principalities or Pat a Pangampong sa Ranao, namely Masiu, Unayan, Balo-i and Bayabao.
The Sultanate governs independently through an unwritten code referred to as Igma Ago Taritib (literally: Order and Consensus). Its political power and domain is equally recognized by the state like those in Sulu and Maguindanao. In the heyday of colonialism, Lanao is proud to have resisted the succeeding foray of Spanish, American and Japanese intrusions.
The saga of Maranao heroes who fought bravely in the so-called Moro Wars during the Spanish colonization along with their Tausug and Maguindanao brothers are living proofs. The legendary battles of Bayang, Sultan Gumander, Ganassi and Tugaya records Maranao fighters armed with kris, spear, bow and arrow faced the canons and rifles of the Americans, exhibiting Maranao assertion for freedom and distinct political identity. The Japanese likewise failed following the fate of its predecessors.
The creation of Lanao del Sur is dated during the height of the Commonwealth government campaign for settlement in Mindanao. The undivided Lanao was administratively part and a political unit of the Moro province by virtue of Philippine Commission Act No. 787. Thereafter, in May 27, 1959 by virtue of Republic Act No. 2228, the unified Lanao was divided into two distinct provinces, namely Lanao del Sur and Lanao del Norte. Lanao del Sur was officially chartered on July 4, 1959.
Lanao del Sur went through phases of political changes. As a result of the negotiated settlement with the MNLF (Tripoli Agreement) during the Martial Law years, President Marcos issued P.D. No. 742 which included Lanao del Sur in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM). The constituents of Lanao del Sur affirmed the province inclusion in ARMM during the plebiscite on February 19, 1989. Although Marawi City refused to join first, it reconsidered its position later in 2001.
People of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Registered Voters (2010): 515,485
Maranao is the most commonly spoken language in the province. Also spoken are Tagalog and Cebuano, as well as English and Arabic language|Arabic.
- Elected officials of Lanao del Sur for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Lanao del Sur: Mamintal Alonto Adiong Jr. - LIBERAL PARTY
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Lanao del Sur: Arsad Alawi, Aniego, Ampaso Marahombsar - LIBERAL PARTY
- House Representative of Lanao del Sur:
- 1st District: ADIONG, ANSARUDDIN - LIBERAL PARTY
- 2nd District:Pangalian Macaorao Balindong - LIBERAL PARTY
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Macarambon, Rolan Abdul Rashid Ambol
- Diron, Ashari Sumndad
- Salic, Jeraham Dagalangit
- Lucman, Omar Hassan Dianalan
- Ganda, Nasser Jr. Dacula
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Balindong, Amir-Oden Sarip
- Macacua, Adbulharris Balindong
- Mindalano, Macapandi Sumang
- Macapodi, Taha Pandapatan
- Abdullatif, Alibasher Imam
- Elected officials of Lanao del Sur for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor of Lanao del Sur: Mamintal Alonto Adiong Jr.
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Lanao del Sur: Arsad Alawi, Aniego, Ampaso Marahombsar
- House Representative of Lanao del Sur:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Lanao del Sur for the term of 2007-2010
- Governor of Lanao del Sur for the term of 2007-2010
- Member(s) of the House of Representatives of Lanao del Sur for the term of 2007-2010
Elected Barangay Officials within the Lanao del Sur Province
Businesses in Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Lanao del Sur, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Lanao del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Methodist churches in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Lanao del Sur here.
- List the Baptist churches in Lanao del Sur here.
Schools in Lanao del Sur, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Lanao del Sur can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Lanao del Sur you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Lanao del Sur, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
- The great Maria Christina Falls (Lanao Lake) generates electricity for over 50% of the of the island of Mindanao.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Lanao del Sur, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Lanao del Sur Philippines, Jobs" page.
Natural Resources of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
- Read this article about the great Ancient Lanao Lake. You will begin to understand why as a nation we have to save it.
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Lanao del Sur in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Lanao del Sur. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Lanao del Sur landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Lanao del Sur, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Lanao del Sur.
Lanao del Sur Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|9300||Malabang||Lanao del Sur|
|9301||Sultan Gumander||Lanao del Sur|
|9302||Balabagan||Lanao del Sur|
|9303||Maragong||Lanao del Sur|
|9304||Tubaran||Lanao del Sur|
|9305||Butig||Lanao del Sur|
|9306||Lumbayanague||Lanao del Sur|
|9307||Lumbatan||Lanao del Sur|
|9308||Macador Andong||Lanao del Sur|
|9309||Bayang||Lanao del Sur|
|9310||Binidayan||Lanao del Sur|
|9311||Ganassi||Lanao del Sur|
|9312||Pagayawan||Lanao del Sur|
|9313||Pualas||Lanao del Sur|
|9314||Madamba||Lanao del Sur|
|9315||Madalum||Lanao del Sur|
|9316||Bacolod Grande||Lanao del Sur|
|9317||Tugaya||Lanao del Sur|
|9318||Balindong||Lanao del Sur|
|9319||Calanogas||Lanao del Sur|
|9320||Bumbaran||Lanao del Sur|
|9321||Tagoloan – II||Lanao del Sur|
|9700||Marawi City||Lanao del Sur|
|9701||Saguiaran||Lanao del Sur|
|9702||Mulondo||Lanao del Sur|
|9703||Lumba Bayabao||Lanao del Sur|
|9704||Tamparan||Lanao del Sur|
|9705||Poona Bayabao||Lanao del Sur|
|9706||Masiu||Lanao del Sur|
|9708||Bubong||Lanao del Sur|
|9709||Kapai||Lanao del Sur|
|9710||Piagapo||Lanao del Sur|
|9711||Marantao||Lanao del Sur|
|9712||Taraka||Lanao del Sur|
|9713||Ramain-Ditsaan||Lanao del Sur|
|9714||Buadiposo Buntong||Lanao del Sur|
|9715||Maguing||Lanao del Sur|
|9716||Wao||Lanao del Sur|
- Outlook on Philippine banks stable – Moody’s
- Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Moody’s Investors Service has given Philippine banks a stable outlook for the next 12 to 18 months on the back of the country’s robust economic growth.
- Simon Chen, vice president and senior analyst at Moody’s, said the Philippine banking system is expected to benefit from the country’s continued economic expansion amid external shocks ........ Full Story»
- Moody’s sees strong loan growth in PH
- Tuesday, November 24, 2015 9:42 am
- Bank lending growth in the Philippines will continue to outpace the rest of the region given the strong demand from both businesses and households, even as financing becomes more expensive in the coming months.
- Debt watcher Moody’s Investor Service, which has a “stable” outlook for Philippine banks, said the domestic economy’s bright prospects would drive loan demand ........ Full Story»
- Prizes galore staked in Orchard Founders Cup
- Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Prizes totalling over P8 million including a Mercedes-Benz C-Class and a Mercedes-Benz A-Class are up for grabs in the 19th Founders Cup Invitational golf tournament starting tomorrow until Sunday at the Orchard Golf and Country Club in Dasmariñas, Cavite.
- The Benzes serve as the hole-in-one prizes at the Palmer and Player courses of the Orchard which will host 400 member-guest teams or 800 participants over four days of competition ................................ Full Story»
Lanao del Sur and Marawi City farmers, fisherfolk receive agri-fishery aid
- Source: http://pia.gov.ph/news/index.php?menu=2&webregion=R12&article=1661336708030
- By: PIA
- Friday, May 11, 2012
The Department of Agriculture (DA) has distributed agri-fishery equipment and inputs to 23 cooperatives and four local government units in Marawi City and Lanao del Sur to enhance government’s thrusts on food sufficiency and security.
Agriculture Secretary Proceso Alcala together with DAF-ARMM regional secretary Sangkula Tindick, assistant regional secretary Pendatun Disimban, BFAR –ARMM director Janice Musali graced the Farmers and Fishermen forum held May 8, 2012 at the provincial capitol in Lanao del Sur.
DAF-ARMM regional information division chief Dhigs Abdullah said, Alcala assisted by Lanao del Sur provincial governor Mamintal Adiong, jr., turned-over certificates to recipient farmers and fisherfolk cooperatives and local officials.
The farm equipment and inputs worth P620,000 include a total of 330 bags of certified rice seeds distributed at 20 bags each to Kamapian sa Ranao Center, Peace Center Incorporated and Unity and Coop Foundation of Lanao del Sur, Inc. all of Marawi City; Liliotun Farmers Assocation and Al-Isla People Economic Multipurpose Coop in Balindog, Tadman Farmers Assocation, Golden Multipurpose Coop, and United Bubong Multipurpose Coop all in the town of Bubong, Shanglan Islamic Development Mulitpurpose Coop, Ditsaan-Ramain, Ompongan o Tanbasok sa Ranao in Marantao, OISCA Farm Development Coop in Poona Bayabao and Al Fallah Multipurpose Coop in Taraka. The Shakba Federation of Irrigators Association of Bubong received 50 bags of certified rice seeds and organic fertilizer while Bubong Kamapian Farmers Association received 40 bags of organic fertilizer and one unit each of abaca stripping machine, wheat and rice thresher and shallow tube well were given to Mindanao Farmers Producer Cooperative of marogong, Tapukan Farmers Multipurpose Coop in Piagapo and Supangan Farmer Producer Coop in Taraka all in the province of Lanao del Sur.
Twelve (12) units motorized banca and eight (8) units fish aggregate devices worth P1.3 million were turned-over to fishermen cooperatives and local government units. Recipients of the motorized fishing banca with two units per cooperative include Sugodian Farmers and Fisherfolks Multipurpose Coop and Ranao Fishermen Islamic Development Multipurpose Coop both of Marawi City; Lakeside Fisher Multipurpose Coop of Balindog, Bairan Farmers and Fishermen Association of Bayang, Siapko Paglas Multipurpose Coop of Buadiposo and Raya Gadongan Fishermen and Farmers Marketing Coop of Ditsaan-Ramain while beneficiaries of the two units each fish aggregate device are the towns of Balabagan, Kapatagan, Malabang and Picong.
In his message, Secretary Alcala stressed the importance of cooperation and partnership in pushing for economic growth that would improve people’s quality of life assuring more livelihood assistance.
“I believe, with our partnership and with the cooperation of the local chief executives, we will be able to hasten the development of the lives of the residents of Lanao del Sur," Alcala said.
In response, Governor Adiong expressed belief that the assistance they received would boost the agriculture and fishery sectors in the province adding that low production due to insufficient support, facility and irrigation system has been the primary problem of the local farmer
As this developed, Secretary Alcala has ordered Administrator Antonio Nangel of the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) to allocate additional funds for the rehabilitation of Kamanga dam which he earlier visited that could irrigate more than 3,000 hectares of farmlands in the towns of Ramain, Buadiposo and Bubong, and also instructed BFAR-ARMM director Musali to conduct a study on the feasibility of establishing a hatchery project near Lanao Lake.
Abdullah also said that Secretary Alcala commits to provide three (3) units of corn mill and twenty (20) heads of carabao with plow and harrow for corn-producing towns in the province and that the agency will likewise coordinate the Lanao del Sur provincial government for the possible inclusion of the area in the Greening Program with rubber, coffee and cacao among the priority commodities.
Lanao del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Lanao del Sur, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Lanao del Sur? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Lanao del Sur. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Lanao del Sur.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Lanao del Sur Photo Gallery]]
*[[Lanao del Sur Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.