Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Alingarog • Bagua • Banaag • Banahao • Baras • Barbo • Bitaugan • Bucao • Buenavista • Bungtod • Cagdara-o • Cagusu-an • Camparang • Campoyong • Canawayon • Cantahay • Casuguran • Cogon • Culasi • Dalaragan • Gahoy • Habag • Hagna • Hamorawon • Hollywood • Inapulangan • Lupok (Pob.) • Mayana • Ngolos • Pagbabangnan • Pagnamitan • Poblacion Ward 1 • Poblacion Ward 10 • Poblacion Ward 11 • Poblacion Ward 12 • Poblacion Ward 2 • Poblacion Ward 3 • Poblacion Ward 4 • Poblacion Ward 4-A • Poblacion Ward 5 • Poblacion Ward 6 • Poblacion Ward 7 • Poblacion Ward 8 • Poblacion Ward 9 • Poblacion Ward 9-A • Salug • San Antonio • San Jose • San Juan • San Pedro • Santo Niño • Sapao • Sulangan • Suluan • Surok • Tagporo • Taytay • Timala • Trinidad • Victory Island
- Guiuan is in the Eastern Samar province and within Region VIII in the eastern part of the Visayan Islands
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Eastern Samar province within Region VIII in the Republic of The Philippines
Arteche | Balangiga | Balangkayan | Can-Avid | Dolores | General Macarthur | Giporlos | Guiuan | Hernani | Jipapad | Lawaan | Llorente | Maslog | Maydolong | Mercedes | Oras | Quinapondan | Salcedo | San Julian | San Policarpo | Sulat | Taft
Cities in Eastern Samar: Borongan City (Capital)
Seal of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Please Upload Picture
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Eastern Samar|
Guiuan within Eastern Samar Province
Eastern Samar Province within The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Guiuan, Eastern Samar Municipality Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Guiuan has a total of 60 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Guiuan as of (2010) = 27,540
- Guiuan is in the "LONE" Voting Congressional District of Eastern Samar.
- Population of Guiuan (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 43,469
- Land Area of Guiuan (as of 2007, in hectares) = 17,549
- Guiuan is a 2nd class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Guiuan is in the Eastern Samar province and within Region VIII in the eastern part of the Visayan Islands
Geography of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Geography of Guiuan
Location of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Guiuan is located ....
History of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
The beginning of Guiuan
People of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Total Population of Guiuan
Sports News of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Guiuan? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Guiuan? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Guiuan.
- 12 nations to vie in athletics invit’l
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Over 1,500 athletes from a dozen countries will participate in the Philippine Open Invitational Athletics Championships from March 19 to 22 at the San Luis Sports Complex in Sta. Cruz, Laguna.
- Philippine Amateur Track and Field Association (Patafa) president Philip Juico yesterday said 23 events each in the men’s and women’s divisions will be on tap in the four-day event ................................ Full Story»
News and Events
- PSEi hits new high of 7,661.18
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015 4:30 pm
- THE local stock barometer surged to another record high on Wednesday ahead of the release of Philippine year-end economic data and the closely-watched US Federal Reserve (US Fed) meeting.
- Gaining for the fourth straight session, the Philippine Stock Exchange index added 30.61 points or 0.4 percent to close at 7,661.18, setting a new milestone for both closing and intra-day peak levels ......................... Full Story»
- Philippine stocks hit new record high
- Tuesday, January 27, 2015 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine benchmark index soared anew yesterday, inching itself closer to the 7,600 territory as anticipation of a faster fourth quarter economic growth shielded the market from foreign concerns.
- The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) climbed 0.50 percent or 37.74 points to once again set a new record high at 7,586.67, eclipsing a previous high of 7,548.93 made only last Friday ......................... Full Story»
Local Government Unit LGU of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Guiuan for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Guiuan: GONZALES, SHEEN (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Guiuan: CABLAO, ROGELIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY
- Councilors of Guiuan:
- RAMIREZ, VERONICA (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 14683 10.42%
- SISON, TOMTOM (LDP) LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 10487 7.44%
- VELASCO, MANUEL (LDP) LABAN NG DEMOKRATIKONG PILIPINO 10386 7.37%
- OPANA, CONSTANCIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9903 7.03%
- CHUA, DOMINADOR JR. INDEPENDENT 9638 6.84%
- GUIMBAOLIBOT, FLORO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 9359 6.64%
- ANIANO, HONORIO (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 8986 6.38%
- CABLAO, ANTONIA INDEPENDENT 8654 6.14%
- Elected officials of Guiuan for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Guiuan: Annaliza Gonzales Kwan
- Vice-Mayor of Guiuan: Rogelio Ogaya Cablao
- Councilors of Guiuan:
Barangay Elected Officials of Guiuan, Eastern Samar
Businesses in Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Guiuan, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings in Zamboanga-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here in Z-wiki for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
Schools in Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Guiuan can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Guiuan you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Guiuan, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Guiuan in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Guiuan. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Guiuan landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Guiuan.
Your Story about Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015: LE Tour de Filipinas (LtDF) breaks decades of summer tradition but returns to a familiar and historic culminating stage as it holds its sixth edition in 2015, highlighting 60 years of the Tour in the country. From the traditional schedule that made the Tour the country’s summer sports spectacle on wheels for two generations, the 2015 LtDF kicks off February 1 and ends February 4 again atop the Cordilleras at the Burnham Park in Baguio City. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Guiuan.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Guiuan, Eastern Samar Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Eastern Samar, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Guiuan, Eastern Samar, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.