Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Barangays of Dasmariñas City, in the Cavite Province in Region 4-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Burol • Burol I • Burol II • Burol III • Datu Esmael • Emmanuel Bergado I • Emmanuel Bergado II • Fatima I • Fatima II • Fatima III • H-2 • Langkaan I • Langkaan II • Luzviminda I • Luzviminda II • Paliparan I • Paliparan II • Paliparan III • Sabang • Saint Peter I • Saint Peter II • Salawag • Salitran I • Salitran II • Salitran III • Salitran IV • Sampaloc I • Sampaloc II • Sampaloc III • Sampaloc IV • Sampaloc V • San Agustin I • San Agustin II • San Agustin III • San Andres I • San Andres II • San Antonio De Padua • San Antonio De Padua II • San Dionisio • San Esteban • San Francisco I • San Francisco II • San Isidro Labrador I • San Isidro Labrador II • San Jose • San Juan • San Lorenzo Ruiz I • San Lorenzo Ruiz II • San Luis I • San Luis II • San Manuel I • San Manuel II • San Mateo • San Miguel • San Miguel II • San Nicolas I • San Nicolas II • San Roque • San Simon • Santa Cristina I • Santa Cristina II • Santa Cruz I • Santa Cruz II • Santa Fe • Santa Lucia • Santa Maria • Santo Cristo • Santo Niño I • Santo Niño II • Victoria Reyes • Zone I • Zone I-B • Zone II • Zone III • Zone IV
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Dasmariñas City is in the Cavite province and within Region IV-A – Calabarzon Region in the island of luzon
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Cavite Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Alfonso | Amadeo | Carmona | Gen. Emilio Aguinaldo | Gen. Mariano Alvarez | General Trias | Indang | Kawit | Magallanes | Maragondon | Mendez | Naic | Noveleta | Rosario | Silang | Tanza | Ternate
Cities in the Province of Cavite: Bacoor City | Cavite City | Dasmariñas City | Imus City | Tagaytay City | Trece Martires City (Capital)
Dasmariñas City Seal
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Dasmariñas City, Cavite|
Dasmariñas City, Cavite
Cavite within the Philippines
Dasmariñas City Hall
Please Upload Picture
- Dasmariñas City has a total of 75 barangays.
- Registered Voters of Dasmariñas City as of (2010) = 293,985
- Dasmariñas City is in the "2nd" Voting Congressional District of Cavite.
- Population of Dasmariñas City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 556,330
- Land Area of Dasmariñas City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 9,013
- Dasmariñas City is an un-classified Component City and Urban.
- Dasmariñas City is in the Cavite province and within Region IV-A – Calabarzon Region in the island of luzon
Geography of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Dasmariñas City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 9,013
Location of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Dasmariñas City is in the Province of Cavite
- Cavite is in the island of Luzon and within Region IV-A.
History of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- information from: dasmarinas.gov.ph
Dasmariñas started out as a barrio of the Municipality of Imus. In 1867, it was made an independent municipality by the Royal Order of Queen Isabella II. The Spanish Government named the town Perez Dasmariñas in honor of the Spanish Governor General Perez Dasmariñas, the one responsible for the fortification of Intramuros and Fort Santiago.
Dasmariñas is located on the northestern part of Cavite, along the eastern provincial parts of Laguna, and 30 kilometers away from Manila. It is bounded on the north by the municipality of Imus, on the east by the municipality of General Mariano Alvarez, on the south by Silang and on the west by General Trias towns.
In 1861, the families of Gil Tirona, Vicente Guevarra, Eleuterio Geda and Eustaquio Paulme were believed to be the first settlers.
The parish of Dasmariñas was placed under the patronage of Our Lady of the Immaculate Concepcion in the hands of Recollects.
From 1896-1897, Dasmariñas became a bloody battlefield during the Revolution. Don Placido Campos led the insurgency and conquered the town from the Spaniards. However, the Spaniards were able to reclaim authority when they burned the town except for the town parish.
Perez Dasmariñas became a barrio of Imus again in 1905 during the early American Regime. In 1907, Provincial Governor Antero Soriano made it a separate municipality. And in that year, the name Perez was dropped through the efforts of Capt. Placido Campos, Francisco Barzaga and Felipe Tirona.
Don Placido N. Campos is the first mayor of Dasmariñas on 1892. Kapitan Idong as he was called, led the town of Dasmariñas against the Spaniards during the revolution. In his will to bring progress to Dasmariñas, he joined the Nacionalista Party of President Manuel Quezon, Sergio Osmeña and Antero Soriano. He succeeded in his goal upon becoming the Kapitan Municipal of Dasmariñas from 1892-1899, 1901-1904, and from 1917 -1919. The Camposes remain a prominent name among Dasmarineños nowadays.
Since Kapitan Idong, there have been 23 municipal mayors of the municipality of Dasmariñas, the last of which made another mark in town’s history, the first woman Municipal Mayor in the person of Hon. Jennifer Austria-Barzaga.
People of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Dasmariñas City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 556,330
- Dasmariñas City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 305,767
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Dasmariñas City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Dasmariñas City: Jennifer Austria Barzaga - NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Dasmariñas City: Valeriano Saraza Encabo - NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Dasmariñas City:
- Robin Chester Jarata Cantimbuhan NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 102867 7.15%
- Reynaldo Cantimbuhan Canaynay NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 99159 6.89%
- ENCABO, RESTY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 92961 6.46%
- Jacinto Bautista Frani Jr. NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 86652 6.02%
- ATIENZA, RODERICK SR. (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 85806 5.96%
- Peter-Tom Borja Antonio NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 80965 5.63%
- AUSTRIA, NICKOL (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 80483 5.59%
- TAPAWAN, TAGUMPAY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 78936 5.49%
- DELA CUESTA, FULGENCIO JR (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 76055 5.29%
- Teofilo Florentino Campano NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 75515 5.25%
- Elected Officials of Dasmariñas City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Jennifer Austria Barzaga
- Vice-Mayor: Valeriano Saraza Encabo
- Peter-Tom Borja Antonio
- Teofilo Florentino Campano
- Napoleon Francisco Gonzales
- Cecilio Ramiso Dedase Jr.
- Roderick Marquinez Atienza
- Hermenigildo Saliva Mendoza
- Francisco King Barretto
- Fulgencio Camantigue Dela Cuesta Jr.
- Reynaldo Cantimbuhan Canaynay
- Gavino Camutin Mercado
- Jacinto Bautista Frani Jr.
- Robin Chester Jarata Cantimbuhan
- Elected Officials of Dasmariñas City for the term of 2007-2010
Barangay Elected Officials of Dasmariñas City, Cavite
Businesses in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Dasmariñas City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- We invite you to list your business located in Dasmariñas City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Dasmariñas City
- Dasmariñas Cavite Realty
- The name of your business,
- address, phone number
- Orchard Golf & Country Club – with 36 holes, function halls and sports facilities
- Kalipayan Estate – with Conference Rooms, Billiard, Tables, Swimming Pool, Rooms and Restaurant
- Volet’s Resort and Restaurant – has Swimming Pool with Wave Machine, Cottages, Rooms & Disco
- Villa Isabel Resort - with Swimming Pool, Cottages and Conference Room
- Swiss Resort – with Swimming Pool and Cottages, Restaurants, Travel Lodge Rooms
- Double-V Resort – with Swimming Pool and Cottages, Rooms
- Stages – with Live Band and Billiard Tables
- Ibayo Resort – Swimming Pool & Cottages
- Rhodora Ville Resort – Swimming Pool & Cottages
- Med’z Resort – Swimming Pools, Cottages & Restaurant
- Eduardo’s Sing-Along Bar
- Racquetaz - a building designed specifically for Badminton enthusiasts
- Chula Vista - with air-conditioned rooms
- Quatro Pasos - with air-conditioned rooms and swimming pool
- Quinta Classe - with air-conditioned rooms
- FSC Plaza – with Billiards, Video Games, Boutiques, Badminton Courts, Kiosks, Fastfood Chains such as Pizza Hut and Chowking
- Riverside Resort – with Swimming Pools, Cottages & Rooms
- Patio Resort – with Swimming Pools and Cottages
- Bluemen Resort – with Swimming Pool and Cottages
- Arcontica Cockpit Arena
- Kidzworld – has Swimming Pool with Wave Machine, Amusement Park, Mini-Golf Area, Kiddie Rides
- Quatros Pasos Resort – with Swimming Pool, Rooms, Jacuzzi & Sauna
- Fisher’s Farm Resort – with Swimming Pools Cottages, Rooms, and Fishpond
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Dasmariñas City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings in Z-Realty.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014
- De La Salle University-Dasmariñas – offers Medical Courses, BSBA, BA, Engineering Courses, Computer Courses, Education, Secretarial Course
- Philippine Christian University – offers BSBA, Accountancy, Computer Science, Information Technology,BSED (Elem. & Secondary), HRM, Psychology, Political Science Courses
- Technological University of the Philippines - offers Automotive Engineering Technology, Architecture Technology, CEE, EET, Mechanical & Production, Power Plant, Electrical Technology Courses
- Emilio Aguinaldo College Cavite – offers Nursing, Education (Elementary & High School), BA Communication, BS Criminology, BS Psychology, BS Computer Science, BSBA, Custom Administration, HRM, Accountancy, Vocational Courses
- National College of Science & Technology – offers Computer Technology, ECE, ECS, BS Computer Science, HRM, BSIT, BS Criminology, Accountancy Course
- AMA Computer College - offers Computer Technician, Business Information Management, Computer Base Accountancy, Information Technology, Computer Programming Course
- AMA Computer Learning Center – offers four-year courses, BS Computer Engineering, ECE, BA, Marketing, Management & Information System, BA Financial Mgt., BA Management Computer Science, Information Management, BS Information Technology Course
- Philippine Nautical Training Center – offers BS Science in Marine Transportation, Marine Engineering, one-year Sea Farer, Deck Dep’t., Engineering Dep’t., Steward Department, HRM for Passenger Seat (6 months)
- Systems Technology Institute – offers Computer Courses
- AMA Business & Economics – offers BSBA Course, Tourism, Information Technology, Accountancy Courses
- Imus Computer College – offers two-year and three-year Computer Courses
- St. Jude College – offers Nursing, Psychology, BSBA, Education, Computer Science and HRM
- Magsaysay Institute of Shipping - offers Courses in Cargo Handling & Storage, Collision Regulation Workshop, TRIM & Stability, Baggage Planning, Practical Deck Skill, Advance Cargo Handling for Pure Carrier, Metal Surface Preparation & Painting, Electric Arc & Gas Welding, Lathe Machine Operation, Precision Lathe Machine Operation, ET, ECE, Practical Eng. Skill, Marine Refrigeration
Economy of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Dasmariñas City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Dasmariñas City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Dasmariñas City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Dasmariñas City" page.
Natural Resources of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Dasmariñas City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Dasmariñas City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Dasmariñas City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Dasmariñas City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- PSE seen to hit 7,800-level next year
- Friday, August 1, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi), the barometer of the performance of the local bourse, will likely hit a new record high and close next year at the 7,800 territory, strongly rebounding from the current weakness seen to persist for the rest of 2014.
- The uptick in local share prices will be driven by low interest rates, strong momentum of economic growth, and higher earnings growth of listed companies, said officials of leading brokerage firm COL Financial Group Inc ........................ Full Story»
- EU seeks Philippine ties beyond trade, aid
- Thursday, July 31, 2014 12:23 pm
- MANILA, Philippines — The European Union intends to have a "more strategically well-rounded" partnership with the Philippines beyond business and humanitarian efforts.
- Catherine Ashton, EU high representative for foreign affairs and security policy and European Commission vice president, said in her recent visit in Manila that the EU has sought new ways of collaboration with the Philippines beyond "trade and aid." ........................ Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
Sports News of Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Dasmariñas City? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Dasmariñas City? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Dasmariñas City.
- PH youth bowlers join world tourney
- Friday, August 1, 2014 12:01 am
- THE Philippine National Youth Bowling Team will be carrying the country’s colors in the coming Chinese Gold and Silver Exchange Society World Youth Championships, organized by the Asian Bowling Federation, from Aug. 6 to 15 at the South China Athletic Association Bowling Centre in Hong Kong.
- Philippine Ambassador to Portugal Philippe J. Lhuillier and his son Cebuana Lhuillier President and CEO Jean Henri Lhuillier, long-time sports patrons, will be extending assistance to the team ............................ Full Story»
Your Story about Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Tell your story about Dasmariñas City. You can talk about the good things in Dasmariñas City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Dasmariñas City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Dasmariñas City? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Dasmariñas City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Dasmariñas City, Cavite Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Cavite, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Dasmariñas City, Cavite, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.