Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
List of Barangays in Cauayan City in the Isabela Province of the Philippines
Alicaocao • Alinam • Amobocan • Andarayan • Baculod • Baringin Norte • Baringin Sur • Buena Suerte • Bugallon • Buyon • Cabaruan • Cabugao • Carabatan Bacareno • Carabatan Chica • Carabatan Grande • Carabatan Punta • Casalatan • Cassap Fuera • Catalina • Culalabat • Dabburab • De Vera • Dianao • Disimuray • District I • District II • District III • Duminit • Faustino • Gagabutan • Gappal • Guayabal • Labinab • Linglingay • Mabantad • Maligaya • Manaoag • Marabulig I • Marabulig II • Minante I • Minante II • Naganacan • Nagcampegan • Nagrumbuan • Nungnungan I • Nungnungan II • Pinoma • Rizal • Rogus • San Antonio • San Fermin • San Francisco • San Isidro • San Luis • San Pablo • Santa Luciana • Santa Maria • Sillawit • Sinippil • Tagaran • Turayong • Union • Villa Concepcion • Villa Luna • Villaflor
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with informaton updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Cauayan City is one of the two cities in the province of Isabela located in Region II. The town got its name from the word "Cauayan" meaning bamboo in the dialect of Gaddang, the early settlers of this place.
- This website is interactive unlike most websites of the LGU's (Local Government Units) in the Philippines.
- If you do not have a website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- There are sites out there that will provide you with a free webpage. But then you have to create if from scratch. The site that we provide you already has content. It is not an empty shell.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Isabela province of The Philippines
Alicia | Angadanan | Aurora | Benito Soliven | Burgos | Cabagan | Cabatuan | Cordon | Dinapigue | Divilacan | Echague | Gamu | Jones | Luna | Maconacon | Delfin Albano | Mallig | Naguilian | Palanan | Quezon | Quirino | Ramon | Reina Mercedes | Roxas | San Agustin | San Guillermo | San Isidro | San Manuel | San Mariano | San Mateo | San Pablo | Santa Maria | Santo Tomas | Tumauini
Cities in the province of Isabela: Cauayan City | Ilagan City (Capital) | Santiago City
Seal of Cauayan City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cauayan City, Pangasinan|
Cauayan City Map Locator
Cauayan City Hall during renovation
|Cauayan City Public Market|
The poor folks of Cauayan City
Our Lady of Pilar Church, Cauayan City
Geography of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
Cauayan City has a total land area of 33,640 hectares
The town was originally located alongside the Cagayan River. The town was later moved to its current location due to constant and disastrous river flooding.
Location of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
History of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
The town got its name from the word "Cauayan" meaning bamboo in the dialect of Gaddang, the early settlers of this place.
Cauayan was founded in 1740. The town was originally located alongside the Cagayan River. The town was later moved to its current location due to constant and disastrous river flooding.
Cauayan was previously claimed by other provinces.
- Cauyan wan originally a town in the province of Cagayan.
- Then Cauayan was transferred to Nueva Vizcaya in 1839.
- Finally when the province of Isabela was created by a Royal Decree issued on May 1, 1856, it became a town of the province of Isabela.
People of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Cauayan City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 114,254
- Cauayan City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 67,536
Please help us keep this site updated. If you are from Cauayan City and you know the names of the elected officers, please go ahead and post them here.
- Elected Officials of Cauayan City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Benjamin G. Dy
- Vice-Mayor: Bartolome Agonoy Mallillin
- City Councillors:
- Elected Officials of Cauayan City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Caesar De Guzman Dy
- Vice-Mayor: Bartolome Agonoy Mallillin
Barangay Elected Officials of Cauayan City, Isabela
Businesses in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Cauayan City.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.mycauayanbusiness.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses of Cauyan City
- POULTRY GROWERS:Broiler
- Lolita Angeles, Nagrumbuan, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000
- Raymundo Albano, Minante 1, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000Kgs
- Oscar Idmilao, Marabulig, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000
- Dominic Laguatan, Minante II, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 7,000
- Lourdes Liwag, Alinam, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 24,000
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cauayan City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Cauayan City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Cauayan North Central School
- Cauayan National High School
- Cauayan South Central School
- Merry Sunshine Montessori School
- Nan Sing School
- Our Lady of the Pillar's Institute
- Our Lady of the Pillar's Institution
- Saint Xavier Montessori School
- University of Perpetual Help System
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cauayan City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Cauayan City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cauayan City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cauayan City" page.
Natural Resources of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cauayan City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cauayan City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cauayan City landmarks here.
- Historical structures: There is the big adobe stone church located at the Poblacion and the Tabacalera warehouse and La Insular bodegas found at barangay Turayong, these buildings were constructed Cauayan during the spanish regime.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
Gawagaway-yan Festival of Cauayan City is a celebration of the city’s bountiful livelihood and merriment for the ethno-linguistic groups residing in Cauayan. It also traces and gives due recognition to the ancestry of Cauayenos from the ethno linguistic group called Gaddang and recognizes the diversity of the cultural groups residing in Cauayan City through streetdancing, float parade and other indigenous activities.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Public ownership of stocks rises
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Public ownership of companies listed in the local bourse is increasing, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) said.
- In a recent study, the operator of the country’s only stock exchange said the free float level hit 33.4 percent as of end-March..........Full Story
- Foreign firms relocate to PH
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 00:00
- Good governance, industrial peace and comparatively low labor costs are becoming magnets for manufacturing companies in other countries to relocate to the Philippines.
- This observation was made CBRE Philippines, a property consultancy firm which said such relocation would help spur demand for property in the industrial zones. CBRE said the transfer would also keep prices steady mainly as a function of meaningful competition in a market driven economy..........Full Story
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- Kayak Explore tilt slated
- Friday, May 17, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Recreational and competitive kayakers get a chance to test themselves when the two-day 2013 Anvaya Cove Kayak Explore marathon and eco-touring gets going June 1-2 at the Anvaya Cove Beach and Nature Club.
- Open to both club members and guests, the third edition of the annual event, serving as the kickoff leg of this year’s Philippine Kayaking Series, features various competition races and sports clinics on the first day, highlighted by the 25k kayak marathon. Also on tap are the 6k beach run-kayak relay race, a 3km novice race for beginners, crazy 8’s kayak slaloms, kayaking and stand-up paddling clinics..........Full Story »
Cauayan City News
Agriculture office distributes gov't rice seeds subsidy
by MG Edale Jr
Cauayan City, Isabela (June 11) -- The City agriculture office here has started distributing a government rice seeds subsidy to farmers here to be used this coming cropping season.
City agriculturist Rufino Arcega said the rice seeds were allotted to farmers whose names are listed in the city agriculture office's masterlist.
The agriculture official said the seeds are supposed to be distributed last week but the government's Department of Agriculture has not delivered on time but arrived last Monday.
A total of 7, 600 sacks of certified variety of rice seeds are already available for distribution to farmers here.
The agriculture department here said the distribution of rice seeds to farmers here is usually held to help farmers from the devastating natural calamities the latest of which is the long dry spell.
Farmers, whose names are included in the masterlist in the city agriculture department, will only be paying P600.00 per cavan.
City agriculturist Arcega called on all farmers in this city to visit his office starting today and even on Saturdays to avail of the government's rice seeds subsidy.
"I'm calling all rice farmers in the city to come and get the rice seeds now and even on Saturdays and prepare P600.00 to every cavan to get", Arcega said.
Though the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) has not yet release irrigation water in this area due to still small volume in the Magat reservoir, Arcega said that better get now the rice seed allotments of each farmers while waiting for the water to flow in the irrigation canals and not rush when the time that there is already water. (PIA Isabela
PIA Press Release
Cauayan City exec likens city dev't unto movie production Cauayan City, Isabela (26 January) --
The local chief executive of this booming city in Cagayan Valley compared the development efforts and running the affairs of the city into a movie production as there are producers, film director, actors and actresses to make the movie production materialized.
Mayor Caesar G. Dy during his last State of the City Address (SOCA) held here last Friday (January 22) at the city's session hall said that the investors and taxpayers are the real producers, the city executive as film director, and the residents (Cauayenos) as actors and actresses.
"I liken the development of this city to a movie production. The taxpayers and investors are the producers. I, your city Mayor, am the film director. But unlike an ordinary movie, each and everyone of us plays an important role in the city development. There are no small parts, walang extra lahat tayo bida," Mayor Dy said.
Among the accomplishments he proudly reported from the time he assumed leadership in the city were concentrated on waste management, education, health, anti-poverty, peace and order, senior citizens, agriculture, better fiscal and financial management system.
Mayor Dy said that having adjudged Model Local Government Unit on waste management, the government in 2002 purchased garbage compactor trucks to enhance the collection of garbage and properly segregated and disposed in the city controlled dump site.
The city council, in support to waste management, crafted and enacted an ordinance providing for the Environment Code of Cauayan City and through coordination with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has formulated the Ten-Year Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan.
On education program, the city government has invested part of the city budget in the construction, rehabilitation and repair of school buildings including Day Care Centers for pre-school and school children to have conducive learning place.
The city government also provided funds for the training of teachers, both for elementary and high school, to enhance their capabilities to teach effectively and augmented the Department of Education's (DepEd) manpower through deployment of Local School Board (LSB) teachers.
"Among the greatest achievement and contribution of the city government is the establishment of City Schools Division" Mayor Dy proudly said.
On health program, Mayor Dy said that the City Health Office is continuously providing maternal, child and dental care, free medical check-up, treatment and health education.
The city executive said that the city government continuously deliver health services through diagnosis and treatment of leprosy, malaria, tuberculosis, rabies and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
One of the pride programs of the city government is poverty alleviation. Through the Self-Employment Assistance-Kaunlaran (SEA-K), the city government is providing cash assistance and relief distribution to the needy residents and continuously providing funds for the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan (KALAHI) programs.
The city government has also invested on mushroom production, one of the pilot project of the city government. The project has reached in the barangays through the Cauayan City Federation of Green Ladies Development Cooperative having won as Best One-Town-One-Product (OTOP) implementor and gained Outstanding OTOP Award last year.
On peace and order, the city government has purchased police car, communication gadgets, guns and ammunitions to strengthen police visibility and efficiency.
As an added force to the city's police force in maintaining public order and safety, the Public Order and Safety was created manning traffic flow and orderliness within the city's business districts.
On agriculture, the city government supports the national government in increasing rice and corn harvests of farmers. The city government has programs on pest management, techno demo, trainings of farmers, fingerling dispersals, distribution of seedlings, swine dispersal, post-harvest facilities, farm machineries, irrigation facilities, farm to market road construction and rehabilitation.
Mayor Dy said, much have been done and there are still to be finished, but he said like any movie, it must come to an end.
Dy said that his term will end on June 2010 and will not be running for any elective position.
"I will not run for any position in 2010 elections. But this is not the last full show. I may no longer be your film director but I will remain an actor in the city development" Mayor Dy said. (PIA Isabela)
Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Tour de Zamboanga 2013: From the 11th of July, 2013 to the 14th of July, 2013. A four day 540 kilometer bicycle race for Charity!
- Due to the road constructions going on in the route of the Tour, we are eliminating the road bikes from this race.
- This is a (Non-Roadbike) individual bicycle race. Everybody is welcome in this race. The more the merrier. Racers who skip a stage will not be allowed to continue. Everybody who finishes the race and does not skip a stage is a winner.
The race starts at the port municipality of Liloy, Zamboanga del Norte and rests in the historical city of Zamboanga del Norte, Dapitan City to end the first stage. The following day the race will continue from Dapitan City to Pagadian City to end the second stage. The 3rd stage will be from Pagadian to Ipil. And finally culminate with the final stage from Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Zamboanga City.
Prizes for the Winners and Participants of Tour de Zamboanga
- 80 PRIZES in all to be Given Away. OVER ₱ 782,000.00 pesos in Prizes
- Grand Prize: The overall (liloy, dapitan, pagadian, ipil, zamboanga) first 15 finishers will be based on the overall accumulated time it took to finish the 4 stage race. The racer must finish all stages to qualify for the grand prize.
- The racer with the best accumulated time wins the championship. 1st:50K, 2nd:30K, 3rd:20K, 4th:15K, 5th:10K, 6th:9.5K, 7th:9K, 8th:8.5K, 9th:8K, 10th:7.5K, 11th:7K, 12th:6.5, 13th:6K, 14th:5.5K, 15th:5K
- Every stage has a winner. Prizes will be presented to the first 3 racers to win each stage. 1st:20K, 2nd:15K, 3rd:10K, 4th:6.5K, 5th:6K, 6th:5.5K, 7th:5K, 8th:4.5K, 9th:4K, 10th:3.5K, 11th:3K, 12th:2.5K, 13th:2K, 14th:1.5K, 15th:1K
- The winner of each stage keeps the prize money even if he/she can't continue with the race because of injury or other reasons. But because the racer skipped a stage he/she will not be allowed to continue with the race.
- Besides the Open Category, There are three (3) other competitive categories: (Women; Under 16 years old; 50 years old and over. Prizes for these categories are as follows: 25K 1st, 20K 2nd, 15K 3rd, 10K 4th, 5K 5th. Each Category gets a prize. Prizes given only to finishers of all 4 stages for these 3 categories.
- Finishers of all the 4 stages get a certificate of completion and a refund of their 1,000.00 peso registration fee. If a racer skips a stage he or she is will not be allowed to continue the race. Every finisher of the Tour de Zamboanga is a WINNER!
First Bicycle Race to cover the entire Zamboanga Peninsula
- Due to the election complications in the Zamboanga peninsula, the tour has been postponed to July 11 - July 14 of 2013.
Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Sibugay, and Zamboanga City.
- First Stage - July 11, 2013 (Thursday): Liloy to Dapitan City
- 143 Kilometers: This stage of the race does not have many hilly terrains. It will be mostly flat. The roads are cemented.
- Second Stage - July 12, 2013(Friday): Dapitan City to Pagadian City
- 128 Kilometers: The second stage will be more challenging as there will be more hills to climb. About 40% of the terrain will be hilly. It will be on the Osmena Hwy which is almost completely cemented. There are only a few kilometers that are still under construction.
- Third Stage - July 13, 2013 (Saturday): Pagadian City to Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay
- 139 Kilometers: The race from pagadian to Ipil will prove to be a grueling race specially the first 35 kilometers. The first 35 kilometers is about 80% uphill battle.
- Fourth Stage - July 14, 2013 (Sunday): Ipil, Zamboanga Sibugay to Divisoria, Zamboanga City
- 130 Kilometers: There are three challenging parts to this section of the race. First challenge is the uphill climb from the border of zamboanga sibugay to the border of zamboanga city (barangay of licomo). After that is the twisty uphill in the barangay of Tigbalabag and finally the quiniput tuktukalaw climb. Then it will be a downhill race to the finish at the barangay of Divisoria.
All Philippine Cyclers are invited to participate in the open bicycle race. It is for a great charitable cause: Project BOSS - Brotherhood Operation Sweet Smile
- Total Distance to be traveled: 540 kilometers or 338 miles - Visit our WebPage
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cauayan City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cauayan City, Isabela Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Isabela, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines]]