Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
List of Barangays in Cauayan City in the Isabela Province in Region 2 within the Republic of The Philippines
Alicaocao • Alinam • Amobocan • Andarayan • Baculod • Baringin Norte • Baringin Sur • Buena Suerte • Bugallon • Buyon • Cabaruan • Cabugao • Carabatan Bacareno • Carabatan Chica • Carabatan Grande • Carabatan Punta • Casalatan • Cassap Fuera • Catalina • Culalabat • Dabburab • De Vera • Dianao • Disimuray • District I • District II • District III • Duminit • Faustino • Gagabutan • Gappal • Guayabal • Labinab • Linglingay • Mabantad • Maligaya • Manaoag • Marabulig I • Marabulig II • Minante I • Minante II • Naganacan • Nagcampegan • Nagrumbuan • Nungnungan I • Nungnungan II • Pinoma • Rizal • Rogus • San Antonio • San Fermin • San Francisco • San Isidro • San Luis • San Pablo • Santa Luciana • Santa Maria • Sillawit • Sinippil • Tagaran • Turayong • Union • Villa Concepcion • Villa Luna • Villaflor
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
Cauayan City is one of the two cities in the province of Isabela located in Region II. The town got its name from the word "Cauayan" meaning bamboo in the dialect of Gaddang, the early settlers of this place.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Isabela province within Region II-Cagayan in the Republic of The Philippines
Alicia | Angadanan | Aurora | Benito Soliven | Burgos | Cabagan | Cabatuan | Cordon | Dinapigue | Divilacan | Echague | Gamu | Jones | Luna | Maconacon | Delfin Albano | Mallig | Naguilian | Palanan | Quezon | Quirino | Ramon | Reina Mercedes | Roxas | San Agustin | San Guillermo | San Isidro | San Manuel | San Mariano | San Mateo | San Pablo | Santa Maria | Santo Tomas | Tumauini
Cities in the province of Isabela: Cauayan City | Ilagan City (Capital) | Santiago City
Seal of Cauayan City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Cauayan City, Pangasinan|
Cauayan City Map Locator
Cauayan City Hall during renovation
|Cauayan City Public Market|
The poor folks of Cauayan City
Our Lady of Pilar Church, Cauayan City
Geography of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
Cauayan City has a total land area of 33,640 hectares
The town was originally located alongside the Cagayan River. The town was later moved to its current location due to constant and disastrous river flooding.
Location of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
History of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
The town got its name from the word "Cauayan" meaning bamboo in the dialect of Gaddang, the early settlers of this place.
Cauayan was founded in 1740. The town was originally located alongside the Cagayan River. The town was later moved to its current location due to constant and disastrous river flooding.
Cauayan was previously claimed by other provinces.
- Cauyan wan originally a town in the province of Cagayan.
- Then Cauayan was transferred to Nueva Vizcaya in 1839.
- Finally when the province of Isabela was created by a Royal Decree issued on May 1, 1856, it became a town of the province of Isabela.
People of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Cauayan City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 114,254
- Cauayan City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 67,536
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Cauayan City for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Cauayan City: DY, BERNARD FAUSTINO - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- Vice-Mayor of Cauayan City: Bartolome Agonoy Mallillin
- City Councillors of Cauayan City:
- DE LUNA, EDGAR (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 24435 10.36%
- MALLILLIN, KOKOY (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 23330 9.89%
- UY, ALEJANDRO III (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 23026 9.77%
- MERIS, ARCO INDEPENDENT 21879 9.28%
- FORONDA, SALCEDO (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 21371 9.06%
- ASIRIT, EUGENIO JR. (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 19625 8.32%
- MAXIMO, BAGNOS (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 19413 8.23%
- LUCAS, EDWIN (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 18728 7.94%
- GUZMAN, GIL (NPC) NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION 17447 7.40%
- ASIRIT, DANILO INDEPENDENT 17236 7.31%
- Elected Officials of Cauayan City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Cauayan City: Benjamin G. Dy
- Vice-Mayor of Cauayan City: Bartolome Agonoy Mallillin - NATIONALIST PEOPLES' COALITION
- City Councillors of Cauayan City:
- Elected Officials of Cauayan City for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor: Caesar De Guzman Dy
- Vice-Mayor: Bartolome Agonoy Mallillin
Barangay Elected Officials of Cauayan City, Isabela
Businesses in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Take a picture of your Business in Cauayan City. Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy.
- Here is an example of a picture that became the webpage of the business: Aderes Flea Market
- Businesses in Cauayan City
- Media Business
- Auto and Motorcycle dealers
- Banks and Financial Institutions in Cauayan City
- Clinics and Hospitals
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses and Boarding
- Pharmacies or Drug Stores
- Repair Shops
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops and Resorts in Cauayan City
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Supermarket, wet market
- POULTRY GROWERS:Broiler
- Lolita Angeles, Nagrumbuan, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000
- Raymundo Albano, Minante 1, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000Kgs
- Oscar Idmilao, Marabulig, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 20,000
- Dominic Laguatan, Minante II, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 7,000
- Lourdes Liwag, Alinam, Cauayan City, Volume of Produciton: 24,000
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Cauayan City, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
Schools in Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Cauayan City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Cauayan North Central School
- Cauayan National High School
- Cauayan South Central School
- Merry Sunshine Montessori School
- Nan Sing School
- Our Lady of the Pillar's Institute
- Our Lady of the Pillar's Institution
- Saint Xavier Montessori School
- University of Perpetual Help System
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Cauayan City you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Cauayan City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Cauayan City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Cauayan City" page.
Natural Resources of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Cauayan City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Cauayan City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Cauayan City landmarks here.
- Historical structures: There is the big adobe stone church located at the Poblacion and the Tabacalera warehouse and La Insular bodegas found at barangay Turayong, these buildings were constructed Cauayan during the spanish regime.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines
Gawagaway-yan Festival of Cauayan City is a celebration of the city’s bountiful livelihood and merriment for the ethno-linguistic groups residing in Cauayan. It also traces and gives due recognition to the ancestry of Cauayenos from the ethno linguistic group called Gaddang and recognizes the diversity of the cultural groups residing in Cauayan City through streetdancing, float parade and other indigenous activities.
Featured News of The Philippines
- Phl attempts world’s largest human woman symbol
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - A total of 10,168 men and women assembled in Rizal Park’s open field early yesterday to achieve one goal – to set a Guinness world record for the largest human woman symbol.
- Organizers of the event – Coca-Cola Philippines and the Philippine Commission on Women (PCW) – said that while they still have to submit documents, photographs and video footage of the event to the Guinness office in London, they are optimistic that they have set a new global record ..................... Full Story»
- Phl joins celebration of International Women's Day
- Sunday, March 8, 2014 6:32 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang on Saturday recognized the contribution of Filipino women to nation-building as the Philippines joins the global celebration of the International Women's Day.
- "Ngayon taon, kinikilala natin ang kababaihang Pilipina na naging katalista ng pagbabago at nagpapakita ng kakaibang tapang, katatagan, kalinga at pagmamahal sa kani-kanilang pamilya at pamayanan sa gitna ng unos at trahedya na puminsala sa ating bansa noong nakaraang taon," said Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. in a report by the state news agency ..................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- R.O.X. hosts national rock climbing competition
- Sunday, March 9, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Dubbed as the Philippines top outdoor hub, Recreational Outdoor exchange (R.O.X) has forged a strong bond between the outdoor community with its well-thought out selection of world-class brands. Beyond that, R.O.X. has shown a genuine desire to uplift and nurture the community through its countless advocacies that promote the outdoors and projects that aim to increase environmental conservation awareness.
- Following its succees in the first two editions, R.O.X. gears up for the third leg of the National Bouldering Competition slated March 22-23 at the Ampitheater, Bonifacio High Street .................... Full Story»
Cauayan City News
Agriculture office distributes gov't rice seeds subsidy
by MG Edale Jr
Cauayan City, Isabela (June 11) -- The City agriculture office here has started distributing a government rice seeds subsidy to farmers here to be used this coming cropping season.
City agriculturist Rufino Arcega said the rice seeds were allotted to farmers whose names are listed in the city agriculture office's masterlist.
The agriculture official said the seeds are supposed to be distributed last week but the government's Department of Agriculture has not delivered on time but arrived last Monday.
A total of 7, 600 sacks of certified variety of rice seeds are already available for distribution to farmers here.
The agriculture department here said the distribution of rice seeds to farmers here is usually held to help farmers from the devastating natural calamities the latest of which is the long dry spell.
Farmers, whose names are included in the masterlist in the city agriculture department, will only be paying P600.00 per cavan.
City agriculturist Arcega called on all farmers in this city to visit his office starting today and even on Saturdays to avail of the government's rice seeds subsidy.
"I'm calling all rice farmers in the city to come and get the rice seeds now and even on Saturdays and prepare P600.00 to every cavan to get", Arcega said.
Though the National Irrigation Administration (NIA) has not yet release irrigation water in this area due to still small volume in the Magat reservoir, Arcega said that better get now the rice seed allotments of each farmers while waiting for the water to flow in the irrigation canals and not rush when the time that there is already water. (PIA Isabela
PIA Press Release
Cauayan City exec likens city dev't unto movie production Cauayan City, Isabela (26 January) --
The local chief executive of this booming city in Cagayan Valley compared the development efforts and running the affairs of the city into a movie production as there are producers, film director, actors and actresses to make the movie production materialized.
Mayor Caesar G. Dy during his last State of the City Address (SOCA) held here last Friday (January 22) at the city's session hall said that the investors and taxpayers are the real producers, the city executive as film director, and the residents (Cauayenos) as actors and actresses.
"I liken the development of this city to a movie production. The taxpayers and investors are the producers. I, your city Mayor, am the film director. But unlike an ordinary movie, each and everyone of us plays an important role in the city development. There are no small parts, walang extra lahat tayo bida," Mayor Dy said.
Among the accomplishments he proudly reported from the time he assumed leadership in the city were concentrated on waste management, education, health, anti-poverty, peace and order, senior citizens, agriculture, better fiscal and financial management system.
Mayor Dy said that having adjudged Model Local Government Unit on waste management, the government in 2002 purchased garbage compactor trucks to enhance the collection of garbage and properly segregated and disposed in the city controlled dump site.
The city council, in support to waste management, crafted and enacted an ordinance providing for the Environment Code of Cauayan City and through coordination with the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) has formulated the Ten-Year Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan.
On education program, the city government has invested part of the city budget in the construction, rehabilitation and repair of school buildings including Day Care Centers for pre-school and school children to have conducive learning place.
The city government also provided funds for the training of teachers, both for elementary and high school, to enhance their capabilities to teach effectively and augmented the Department of Education's (DepEd) manpower through deployment of Local School Board (LSB) teachers.
"Among the greatest achievement and contribution of the city government is the establishment of City Schools Division" Mayor Dy proudly said.
On health program, Mayor Dy said that the City Health Office is continuously providing maternal, child and dental care, free medical check-up, treatment and health education.
The city executive said that the city government continuously deliver health services through diagnosis and treatment of leprosy, malaria, tuberculosis, rabies and Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD).
One of the pride programs of the city government is poverty alleviation. Through the Self-Employment Assistance-Kaunlaran (SEA-K), the city government is providing cash assistance and relief distribution to the needy residents and continuously providing funds for the Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan (KALAHI) programs.
The city government has also invested on mushroom production, one of the pilot project of the city government. The project has reached in the barangays through the Cauayan City Federation of Green Ladies Development Cooperative having won as Best One-Town-One-Product (OTOP) implementor and gained Outstanding OTOP Award last year.
On peace and order, the city government has purchased police car, communication gadgets, guns and ammunitions to strengthen police visibility and efficiency.
As an added force to the city's police force in maintaining public order and safety, the Public Order and Safety was created manning traffic flow and orderliness within the city's business districts.
On agriculture, the city government supports the national government in increasing rice and corn harvests of farmers. The city government has programs on pest management, techno demo, trainings of farmers, fingerling dispersals, distribution of seedlings, swine dispersal, post-harvest facilities, farm machineries, irrigation facilities, farm to market road construction and rehabilitation.
Mayor Dy said, much have been done and there are still to be finished, but he said like any movie, it must come to an end.
Dy said that his term will end on June 2010 and will not be running for any elective position.
"I will not run for any position in 2010 elections. But this is not the last full show. I may no longer be your film director but I will remain an actor in the city development" Mayor Dy said. (PIA Isabela)
Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Cauayan City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Cauayan City, Isabela Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Isabela, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Cauayan City, Isabela, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.