Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
List of Barangays in Candaba, in the Pampanga Province, Philippines
Bahay Pare • Bambang • Barangca • Barit • Buas (Pob.) • Cuayang Bugtong • Dalayap • Dulong Ilog • Gulap • Lanang • Lourdes • Magumbali • Mandasig • Mandili • Mangga • Mapaniqui • Paligui • Pangclara • Pansinao • Paralaya (Pob.) • Pasig • Pescadores (Pob.) • Pulong Gubat • Pulong Palazan • Salapungan • San Agustin (Pob.) • Santo Rosario • Tagulod • Talang • Tenejero • Vizal San Pablo • Vizal Santo Cristo • Vizal Santo Niño
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Pampanga province within Region III in the Republic of The Philippines
Apalit || Arayat || Bacolor || Candaba || Floridablanca || Guagua || Lubao || Mabalacat || Macabebe || Magalang || Masantol || Mexico || Minalin || Porac || San Luis || San Simon || Santa Ana || Santa Rita || Santo Tomas || Sasmuan
Cities in the Province of Pampanga: Angeles City || San Fernando City - Capital
Official Seal of Candaba, Pampanga
Please upload image
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Candaba Pampanga, Philippines|
Candaba in Pampanga Province
Pampanga Province within the Philippines
Municipality Hall of Candaba, Pampanga
Please upload image
Geography of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
Geography of Candaba
Location of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
History of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- source: Canaba LGU
One of the oldest settlements during pre-Hispanic time, long before the 'encomienderos took hold of the town in 1593, is what is known as Candaba. Not much is known before that period except for extant proofs holding that the Candabeños had their own culture, commerce, and industries, which were basically farming and fishing.
Candaba, as told by Dr. Juan P. Gatbonton, one of the more knowledgeable chroniclers of the town, derived its name from Candawe, a name of a place close to Sitio Culumanas in Candaba. Candawe was later corrupted by Spanish derivation to Candaba.
Another school of thought, based on lore perpetuated by word of mouth through the years, traced the origin of the word Candaba from 'Cang Daba' or' Brother Daba. ('Daba' was a term used for a big earthen jar and obese people were teased by likening them to a 'daba') Before long, it came to pass that every out-of-towner buying fish and famed 'buru' (pickled fish) were almost invariably referred to Cang Daba. The town, later on, came to be called Candaba.
People of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
Total Population of Candaba
Local Government Unit LGU of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Candaba for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Candaba: MAGLANQUE, RENE INDEPENDENT
- Vice-Mayor of Candaba: EVANGELISTA, BABES INDEPENDENT
- Councilors of Candaba:
- MACAPAGAL, THELMA (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 19234 7.20%
- BAYLON, AMY ROSE (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 19055 7.13%
- SAGUM, MICHAEL V (NP) NACIONALISTA PARTY 15127 5.66%
- TURLA, RANDY INDEPENDENT 14306 5.35%
- FOZ, CAROL (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 13764 5.15%
- SOMBILLO, CHA-CHA INDEPENDENT 13142 4.92%
- SALAC, DONYA (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 12777 4.78%
- PELAYO, GODING (KAMBILAN) KAPANALIG AT KAMBILAN NING MEMALEN PAMPANGA 12713 4.76%
- Elected officials of Candaba for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Candaba: Jerry Limjoco Pelayo
- Vice-Mayor of Candaba: Daniel Clemente Gallardo
- Councilors of Candaba:
Barangay Elected Officials of Candaba, Pampanga for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Candaba.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Candaba
- Candaba, Pampanga Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale in Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Candaba, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
The name of your school in Candaba can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Candaba you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Candaba, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Candaba in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Candaba. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Candaba landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Candaba.
Candaba, Pampanga supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
Your Story about Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines
Tell your story about Candaba. You can talk about the good things in Candaba or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Candaba. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Candaba.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Candaba Pampanga Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Pampanga, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Candaba, Pampanga, Philippines]]
- Do not copy Below
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.