Bukidnon Province, Philippines
Municipalities in the Bukidnon Province of The Philippines
Baungon | Cabanglasan | Damulog | Dangcagan | Don Carlos | Impasug-ong | Kadingilan | Kalilangan | Kibawe | Kitaotao | Lantapan | Libona | Malitbog | Manolo Fortich | Maramag | Pangantucan | Quezon | San Fernando | Sumilao | Talakag
Cities in the Province of Bukidnon: Malaybalay City | Valencia City
Seal of the Province of Bukidnon
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of the Province of Bukidnon|
Bukidnon Province within Muslim Mindanao, Philippines
Provincial Capitol Building of Bukidnon
Alalum Falls, Sumilao Bukidnon
Bangcud Central Elementary School in Malaybalay City
Bukidnon Province, Philippines
- Bukidnon has a total of 464 barangays, 20 municipalites, and 2 cities
- Registered Voters of Bukidnon as of (2010) = 559,530
- Population of Bukidnon (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 1,190,284
- Land Area of Bukidnon (as of 2007, in hectares) = 1,049,859
- Bukidnon is a 1st class province.
- The province of Bukidnon is within Region X in the island of Mindanao.
- The capital of Bukidnon is Malaybalay City.
Geography of Bukidnon, Philippines
Geography of Bukidnon
Location of Bukidnon, Philippines
- The province of Bukidnon is in Region X in island of Mindanao, the second largest island in the Philippines.
History of Bukidnon, Philippines
Before the Spaniards colonized Misamis, settlers from the Visayas had already established themselves there. As the migrants kept coming, the tribes who originally inhabited the area were driven inland toward the rugged and mountainous territory. They were eventually called Bukidnons, meaning "people of the mountains," from which the place derived its name.
The Americans under the influence of Dean C. Worcester, then Secretary of Interior and a member of the Philippine Commission, proposed the separation from Misamis Province that part inhabited mostly by Bukidnons. In August 20, 1907, Philippine Commission Act 1693 was enacted which created the province of Agusan with Bukidnon as a sub-province. Bukidnon became a regular province on September 1, 1914 by virtue of the creation of the Department of Mindano and Sulu. Finally, on March 10, 1917, under Act 2711 the province was officially created and called the Province of Bukidnon.
- source of article verbatim: www.bukidnon.gov.ph
People of Bukidnon, Philippines
- Population of Bukidnon (as of Aug 1, 2007)= 1,190,284
- Registered Voters of Bukiknon per the Comelec as of (2010)= 559,530
Local Government Unit LGU of Bukidnon, Philippines
- Elected officials of Bukidnon for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Alex Padua Calingasan
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Jose Maria Rubin Zubiri Jr.
- House Representative:
- Provincial Board Members:
- Elected officials of Antique Province for the term of 2007-2010
Barangays Elected Officials of Bukidnon for the term of 2010 - 2013
Businesses in Bukidnon, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Bukidnon.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links exept for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Bukidnon
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Bukidnon, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bukidnon, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bukidnon, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage for you. We can help you.
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Bukidnon here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Bukidnon here.
- List the Methodist churches in Bukidnon here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Bukidnon here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Bukidnon here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Bukidnon here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Bukidnon here.
- List the Baptist churches in Bukidnon here.
Schools in Bukidnon, Philippines
School year 2013-2014 starts June 3 and ends March 31, 2014, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The multisectoral Brigada Eskwela to prepare schools for the students’ return will be on May 21-26. Oplan Balik Eskwela will be from May 28 to June 8 while orientation on K to 12 for parents and other stakeholders will be on June 9.
Although private schools may deviate from the Department of Education (DepEd) calendar, they are enjoined not to start before June 3 and later than Aug 31.
School Year 2013-2014 in public elementary and high schools will start on June 3 and end on March 31, 2014 The name of your school in Bukidnon can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
- Bukidnon National High School
Economy of Bukidnon, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Bukidnon you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Bukidnon, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Bukidnon, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bukidnon, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Bukidnon in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Bukidnon. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Bukidnon landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Bukidnon, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Bukidnon.
- PH-Germany social security accord eyed
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Berlin -- The Philippines and Germany are eyeing a bilateral social security agreement next year that seeks to benefit at least 60,000 Filipinos working in the European Union-member country.
- Philippine Ambassador to Germany Maria Cleofe Natividad said both parties have expressed interest to work towards the signing of bilateral social security agreement..........Full Story
- PH stocks seen to rise
- Monday, May 20, 2013 2:46 am
- Local stocks are seen exploring new highs this week as ample financial liquidity in a low-interest environment may keep risk appetite buoyant.
- Last week, the main-share Philippine Stock Exchange index gained 0.24 percent to close at 7,279.87..........Full Story
- Two tot baseball teams to vie in Jakarta bash
- Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - Two crack teams from Tot Baseball –the “Razcals” and the “Barakos” will be competing in the 2013 Asia Pacific Zone Mustang (9-10 yrs) and Bronco-11 (11 yrs) Division Championships to be held in Jakarta May 22-25.
- The other nations seeing action are Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and Far East Russia. Champions of these tournaments will represent the Asian Region at the PONY International Mustang World Series to be held in Burleson, Texas on Aug. 1-4 and the PONY International Bronco-11 World Series to be held in Chesterfield Virginia on July 25-28..........Full Story »
- Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/359327/gensan-incentive
- By: mb.com.ph
- Friday, May 11, 2012
MALAYBALAY CITY – The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) will hold a “Fiesta Diskwento Caravan” (discount caravan) on May 14 and 15 at the Freedom Park, as this city celebrates the feast of San Isidro Labrador, the patron saint of good harvest. DTI Provincial Director Ermedio Abang said the DTI will be staging this event to help consumers avail of goods at discounted prices. “The discount caravan will be of great help because it offers various basic products and services marked down by as much as 10 percent to 50 percent,” he said.
Bukidnon Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bukidnon.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bukidnon, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bukidnon Province, Philippines]]