Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Barangays (43) of Bayugan City in the Agusan del Sur province within Region 13 - Caraga of The Philippines
Berseba • Bucac • Cagbas • Calaitan • Canayugan • Charito • Claro Cortez • Fili • Gamao • Getsemane • Grace Estate • Hamogaway • Katipunan • Mabuhay • Magkiangkang • Mahayag • Marcelina • Maygatasan • Montivesta • Mt. Ararat • Mt. Carmel • Mt. Olive • New Salem • Noli • Osmeña • Panaytay • Pinagalaan • Poblacion • Sagmone • Saguma • Salvacion • San Agustin • San Isidro • San Juan • Santa Irene • Santa Teresita • Santo Niño • Taglatawan • Taglibas • Tagubay • Verdu • Villa Undayon • Wawa
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- Bayugan City is in the Agusan del Sur province and within Region XIII - Caraga Region, North/eastern Mindanao
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Agusan del Sur Province within Region XIII (Caraga) in the Republic of The Philippines
Bunawan || Esperanza || La Paz || Loreto || Prosperidad (Capital) || Rosario || San Francisco || San Luis || Santa Josefa || Sibagat || Talacogon || Trento || Veruela
Cities in Agusan del Sur: Bayugan City
Seal of Bayugan City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines|
Bayugan City in Agusan del Sur
Agusan del Sur Province in the Island of Mindanao
Bayugan City Center
Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Bayugan City Hall
- Bayugan City has a total of 43 barangays
- Registered Voters of Bayugan City as of (2010) = 45,566
- Bayugan City is in the lone Voting District of Agusan del Sur.
- Population of Bayugan City (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 95,032
- Land Area of Bayugan City (as of 2007, in hectares) = 68,877
- Bayugan City is an un-classified Component City and Partially Urban.
- Bayugan City is in the Agusan del Sur province and within Region XIII - Caraga Region, North/eastern Mindanao
Geography of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Bayugan City Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 68,877
Location of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- 8.7167° N, 125.7500° E - Bayugan, Coordinates
- Bayugan City is in the Agusan del Sur province.
- Agusan del Sur is within Region_XIII in the island of Mindanao
History of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Article from wikipedia verbatim
Bayugan was formerly a sitio of Barangay Maygatasan, Esperanza. Several versions abound on how the sitio got its name. First, the place was located along the river which served as the pathway of the natives in going to Esperanza. "Bayugan" is a Manobo term for pathway, since then the natives called the place, Bayugan. Another version states that "bayug" trees grew abundantly in this place. It was also believed that the natives used to make this place their meeting spot and that the means of gathering the inhabitants was by knocking on a hollow piece of wood which they termed as the "bayug." In 1942, Japanese troops entered Bayugan. In 1945, the town of Baguyan in Southern Agusan was liberated by Filipino soldiers and guerrillas from the Japanese forces occupying the town. In 1948, the Department of Public Works and Highways conducted a survey for a national highway that would connect Butuan with Davao City. Simultaneously, the Bureau of Lands surveyed the places that would be traversed by the proposed road. Possible town sites were identified and among them was Barangay Maygatasan. However, the National highway passed through the sitio of Bayugan instead of Barangay Maygatasan. Migrants started settling in the sitio of Bayugan, thus, prompting the transfer of the proposed town site. In the early part of 1960, the inhabitants led by Mr. Jose Joson passed a resolution creating the sitio of Bayugan into a regular barrio. In April of that year, Barangay Bayugan was inaugurated with Joson as the Teniente del Barrio. Brought about by the construction of the National Highway which traversed the place, business activity sprouted rapidly in the area. A year later, barangay officials led by the late Sergio Mullaneda worked out the creation of Bayugan into a regular municipality through the assistance of Governor Democrito O. Plaza, Governor of Agusan. By virtue of Executive Order No. 440 of the late President Carlos P. Garcia, the petition to create the municipality of Bayugan was granted on August 6, 1961. Mr. Mullaneda, the first appointed Municipal Mayor of Bayugan assumed into office on August 6, 1962 during the term of President Diosdado Macapagal.In the year 2007 Bayugan was converted to a city. Bayugan is a transportation highway nexus for the eastern part of Mindanao Island. Bayugan is now one if not the fastest growing component city in Northern Mindanao.
People of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Bayugan City Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 95,032
- Bayugan City Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 47,911
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Bayugan City for the term of 2013-2016
- City Mayor of Bayugan City: Kim Lope "BOBONG" Aniñon Asis (NUP)
- City Vice-Mayor of Bayugan City: Charles "CHARLES" Peligros Anggayong (NUP)
- Councilor of Bayugan City
- Kirk "KIRK" Aniñon Asis (NUP)
- Fortunato "JUN" Almeda Paway II (NUP)
- Charles "TOTO" Cahiles Salazar (NUP)
- Jeremias "MANO" Arreza Estuya (NUP)
- Edgardo "EDDIE" Donasco Hinlo (NUP)
- Pedro "PEDOT" Masayon Alonde (NUP)
- Ferdinand "NANDING" Haya Ebarle (NUP)
- Gilbert "DARYL" Mariscal Honculada (NUP)
- Orlando Sr. "LANDO" Ala Sevilla (NUP)
- Allan "ALLAN REYES" Reyes Cogollodo (NUP)
- Elected officials of Bayugan City for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor: Kim Lope Aniñon Asis
- Vice-Mayor: Charles Peligros Anggayong
Barangays Elected Officials of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur
Businesses in Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bayugan City, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments FOR FREE.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. Take a picture of the facade of your church and it can be posted here. We can help you.
Schools in Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Bayugan City can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Bayugan City you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Bayugan City, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within Bayugan City, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number.
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Bayugan City" page.
Natural Resources of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Bayugan City in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Bayugan City. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Bayugan City landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Bayugan City.
Featured News of The Philippines
- PH social enterprises lauded
- Friday, November 28, 2014 8:21 am
- In France, the Philippines is making a name for itself as the home of the world’s most successful social enterprises.
- The Philippines, through Gawad Kalinga (GK), Human Nature, Global Electric Transport (GET) Philippines and Batang Bayani International Inc., kicked off the opening plenary of the 8th World Forum for a Responsible Economy in Lille, France. More than 1,200 international delegates flocked to the forum to learn more about successful social enterprises operating in the Philippines. The event, held from Oct. 21 to 25, was attended by company executives, renowned corporate social responsibility experts, nongovernment organizations, students and labor group leaders. ......................... Full Story»
- Senate approves P2.6-T national budget for 2015
- Thursday, November 27, 2014 2:27 am
- Senators on Wednesday night voted 13-0 to approve on third and final reading the proposed P2.606-trillion 2015 national budget.
- The senators also introduced amendments to the budget measure, House Bill No. 4968, including additional realignments amounting to P4.756 billion ......................... Full Story»
- Carabao Festival
- Date: May 14 - Location: Angono, Rizal
- Farmers pay tribute to their patron saints; a procession of carabao carts bearing a myriad local produce is held; prizes are awarded to the strongest and most beautifully decorated carabaos.
- Date: May 14 Location: Pulilan, Bulacan
- Hundreds of festively adorned carabaos are paraded by their farmer-owners on the street leading to the church; there the carabaos are made to kneel down as a homage to San Isidro de Labrado, the patron saint of farmers.
- World-class tennis begins
- Friday, November 28, 2014 12:01 am
- MEMBERS of the Manila Mavericks promise to have fun when the 2014 Coca Cola-International Premier Tennis League tennis gets going today at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Pasay City.
- Playing coach Treat Huey said this as he and coaches of four participating teams talked about their coming stint in the three-day netfest featuring 21 Grand Slam champions and 14 current or former world no. 1 netters ............................... Full Story»
Your Story about Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Tell your story about Bayugan City. You can talk about the good things in Bayugan City or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Bayugan City. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Bayugan City? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Why Z-Wiki Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur
We want to give the people of Bayugan City the ability to promote their city to the world via the internet by providing this interactive website. The growth of this website of Bayugan City is not depentent upon one individaul. This website will grow as more people of Bayugan City participate and provide valid information about the city and also by providing pictures about the city. More power to Bayugan City.
Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Bayugan City Photo Gallery
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bayugan City.
- Copy and paste the code below in "blue" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Agusan del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bayugan City, Agusan del Sur, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.