Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Barangays of Bataraza in the Palawan province of the Philippines
Bono-bono • Bulalacao • Buliluyan • Culandanum • Igang-igang • Inogbong • Iwahig • Malihud • Malitub • Marangas (Pob.) • Ocayan • Puring • Rio Tuba • Sandoval • Sapa • Sarong • Sumbiling • Tabud • Tagnato • Tagolango • Taratak • Tarusan
We ask the SK Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities of Palawan Province within Region IV-B in the Republic of The Philippines
Aborlan | Agutaya | Araceli | Balabac | Bataraza | Brooke's Point | Busuanga | Cagayancillo | Coron | Culion | Cuyo | Dumaran | El Nido | Kalayaan | Linapacan | Magsaysay | Narra | Quezon | Rizal | Roxas | San Vicente | Sofronio Española | Taytay
Cities in the Province of Palawan: Puerto Princesa City (Capital)
Seal of Bataraza
Please upload Picture
Map locator of Bataraza within the Island of Palawan
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Palawan Province, Philippines|
Map locator of Palawan
Municipality Hall of Bataraza
Please upload Picture
Geography of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Bataraza Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 72,620
Bataraza’s topography is hilly with rugged mountains; mostly covered by forest. Mount Mantalingahan, the highest peak in Palawan is located in the Northwest corner of the municipality. The total land area of Bataraza is 72,622 hectares.
Location of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Among the bigger cities and municipalities in the neighborhood of Bataraza there are Brooke"s Point 26 km east-north-east, Quezon 78 km north-east, Balabac 97 km south-west as well as 57 km north-east of Bataraza the municipality Sofronio Española.
It is located on the southernmost tip of mainland Palawan, approximately 236 km. from Puerto Princesa City and 5-6 hours by land. The Municipality of Bataraza is situated some 775 kilometers Southwest of Manila. It stretches approximately 80 in Northeasterly to Southwesterly direction between roughly 8.3 and 8.75 degrees latitude north of the equator.
Bataraza lies basking under the tropic sun amidst the South Sulu Sea. It stretches from the south of Malis River rounded at Cape Buliluyan and further extended up to Wangley River, in the southwestern part of the mainland. It is bounded in the east by the Sulu Sea, in the west by a great mountain range extending from Mount Mantalingahan (the highest peak in the province) to Mount Malitub, which serves as the divider between Bataraza and Rizal, and in the southwest by the South China Sea.
Composing this Municipality are 22 barangays dispersed in an average distant of eight (8) kilometres apart within the length and breadth of the municipality. The northern barangays situated along the coastline include Inogbong, Marangas, Bono-bono, Malihud, Bulalacao and Tarusan, while the interior barangays are composed of Iwahig, Culandanum, Sandoval, Sumbiling, Ocayan, and Malitub.
Located along the central coastline are the barangays of Igangigang, Sarong, Rio Tuba, Taratak and Sapa. Along the southern coastline are barangays Tagnato, Puring, Buliluyan, Tabud and Tagolango.
History of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
A sultan named Haron Narrazid left Sulu and settled in Bono-bono, Palawan together with his family. He was known as the great negotiator and one of the signatories of the 1878 treaty pledging peace and loyalty of the sultanate of Sulu to Spain. The Spanish government entrusted Narrazid to govern the Muslim population of Balabac, Palawan and the neighboring southern islands.
It was in Bono-bono where the Sultan established the first settlement. Several settlements were put up from Abo-abo, the first barangay of Brooke’s Point (now Sofronio Española) from the north, to the west coast up to Alfonso Hill (Quezon). Sultan Narrazid brought along with him from Sulu his favorite two sons, Datu Bataraza and Datu Jolkiple who were at their late teens when they settled in Bonobono. When Sultan Narrazid died, his eldest son, Datu Bataraza took over to govern the Muslim people. He was appointed Deputy Governor during the American period and given the title Superior Datu of the Muslim population.
Datu Bataraza set the boundary of his territory from Barangay Salogon, Brooke’s Point down south. Datu Jolkiple succeeded his brother Datu Bataraza when his elder brother died. On January 1, 1964, by virtue of Republic Act No. 3425 authored by then Congressman Gaudencio Abordo it mandated the division of Brooke’s Point into two distinct municipalities.
The northern portion remains the Municipality of Brooke’s Point and the southern part was named the Municipality of Bataraza, in honor of the late Datu Bataraza Narrazid. The first mayor of Bataraza was Datu Sapiodin, the eldest son of Datu Bataraza. For several years, the Narrazids have been governing Bataraza. It wa
- article copied verbatim from www.doe.gov.ph
People of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- Bataraza Population (as of Aug 1, 2007 Census) = 53,430
- Bataraza Registered Voters (2009 COMELEC) = 30,330
The people of Bataraza are composed of three groups – the Palawanos, the Muslims and the Christians.
The Palawanos have a unique culture, customs and traditions. They are considered the ‘natives’ of Bataraza. Some of the Palawanos up to this time of modern age still retain their traditional ways of living and dressing. They lead a very simple life. They usually live in temporary huts made of temporary materials. Most often they move from one place to another as they look for a better area. The Muslims in Bataraza are of different tribes in Mindanao. They consist of the Jama-mapun, Tausog, Pangutaran, Molbog and Samals.
The Christian settlers in Bataraza have influenced much their native brothers in many aspects – in the field of agriculture, industry, education, politics, and business and even in religious matters. The dominant ethnic groups who settled in Bataraza are the Ilocanos and the Visayans.
The total population of Bataraza as of 2000 is 41,458 with a population growth rate of 2.71. Among the 22 barangays of Bataraza, Rio Tuba registered the largest population at 7,663 persons followed by Marangas (Poblacion) and Culandanum with a population of 5,286 and 7,888 persons respectively. Malitub had the smallest population at 377 persons. In terms of growth rate, Tagnato was the fastest growing barangay in the municipality with an average growth rate of 6.11, while Malitub was the slowest at 0.34 percent. Source verbatim: doe.gov.ph
Elected Government Officials of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Bataraza for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Bataraza: IBBA, KATHY (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Bataraza: JAAFAR, KEN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY
- Councilors of Bataraza:
- IBBA, AL (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 7058 6.69%
- GAMO, ARMAN (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 6019 5.70%
- SAIYO, MC DONALD (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5892 5.58%
- MOHAMMAD, UBONG (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5514 5.22%
- USOP, JANE (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5477 5.19%
- RIOVEROS, CARLO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 5025 4.76%
- AUSTRIA, CALOY (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE 4710 4.46%
- SAGUN, EDDIE (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 4707 4.46%
- Elected officials of Bataraza for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Bataraza: Abraham Mohammad Ibba
- Vice-Mayor of Bataraza: Antonio Madera Sadongdong
- Councilors of Bataraza:
Barangays Elected Officials of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Businesses in Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Bataraza.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Bataraza
- Bataraza, Palawan Realty
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Sports News of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Every community has its sports hero. Who is the sports hero of Bataraza? Are there any basketball courts, tennis courts, volleyball courts, baseball fields, softball fields, or any type of sports area or arena in Bataraza? Go ahead and list any upcoming sports events in Bataraza.
- PH Polo Open title up for grabs
- Saturday, March 8, 2014 12:01 am
- THE thrill, spill and frenetic chases in the first Philippine Polo Open 2014 reach its climax tomorrow when Globalport Pilipinas and San Miguel Corporation clash in a one-game face-off at the Manila Polo Club.
- A throng of fabulous spectators who love to watch athletes competing atop lovely horses, also known as The Sport of Kings, is expected to witness the hard and exhilarating action in the exclusive playground of the rich and famous with Globalport of Mikee Romero hoping to pull the rug from under the favored squad of Iñigo Zobel. .................... Full Story»
News and Events
- Phl joins celebration of International Women's Day
- Sunday, March 8, 2014 6:32 pm
- MANILA, Philippines - Malacañang on Saturday recognized the contribution of Filipino women to nation-building as the Philippines joins the global celebration of the International Women's Day.
- "Ngayon taon, kinikilala natin ang kababaihang Pilipina na naging katalista ng pagbabago at nagpapakita ng kakaibang tapang, katatagan, kalinga at pagmamahal sa kani-kanilang pamilya at pamayanan sa gitna ng unos at trahedya na puminsala sa ating bansa noong nakaraang taon," said Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. in a report by the state news agency ..................... Full Story»
- Index hurdles 6,500-mark to hit 4-month high
- Saturday, March 7, 2014 12:00 am
- MANILA, Philippines - The strong performance of local companies and less anxieties over Ukraine pushed the main stock index to a four-month high yesterday.
- The benchmark Philippine Stock Exchange index jumped 0.94 percent or 60.68 points to 6,516.82, its best closing since ending at 6,519.58 on Nov. 5. The broader All Shares index gained 0.75 percent or 29.15 points to 3,910.63 ..................... Full Story»
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Bataraza, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
The name of your school in Bataraza can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Bataraza you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Bataraza, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Bataraza in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Bataraza. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Bataraza landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Bataraza.
Your Story about Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Tell your story about Bataraza. You can talk about the good things in Bataraza or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Bataraza. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
The oldest man or woman in Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines
Do know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Bataraza? Z-Wiki is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name, date of birth of the elder and the barangay he/she lives in.
Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Bataraza.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Bataraza, Palawan Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Palawan, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Bataraza, Palawan, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.