Batangas Province, Philippines
List of Municipalities in the Batangas Province within Region IV-A in the Republic of The Philippines
Agoncillo | Alitagtag | Balayan | Balete | Bauan | Calaca | Calatagan | Cuenca | Ibaan | Laurel | Lemery | Lian | Lobo | Mabini | Malvar | Mataasnakahoy | Nasugbu | Padre Garcia | Rosario | San Jose | San Juan | San Luis | San Nicolas | San Pascual | Santa Teresita | Santo Tomas | Taal | Talisay | Taysan | Tingloy | Tuy
Cities in the province of Batangas: Batangas City (Capital) | Lipa City | Tanauan City
Seal of Batangas Province
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Batangas Philippines|
Batangas Province, Philippines
Provincial Capitol of Batangas, Philippines
Provincial Capitol of Batangas, Philippines in 2008
Provincial Capitol of Batangas, Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Batangas City Basilica
Punta Fuego, Nasugbu, Batangas
Batangas Province, Philippines
- Batangas has 31 Municipalities, 3 Cities, and 1078 Barangays. The barangays of Batangas are listed within each municipality and city. Every barangay in the province of Batangas has an Interactive Webpage of its own.
- Batangas Registered Voters as of (2010) = 1,118,425
- Batangas Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 2,245,869
- Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares) = 311,975
- Batangas is a 1st class province.
- The province of Batangas is in Region IV-A. - Calabarzon and within the south/central part of the island of luzon.
- Capital of the province is Batangas City, Batangas, Philippines
Geography of Batangas, Philippines
Geography of Batangas
Location of Batangas, Philippines
- 13.8333° N, 121.0000° E - Batangas, Coordinates
- The province of Batangas is within Region IV-A. - Calabarzon in the island of Luzon. Its capital is Batangas City and it is bordered by the provinces of Cavite and Laguna to the north and Quezon to the east. Across the Verde Island Passages to the south is the island of Mindoro and to the west lies the South China Sea.
History of Batangas, Philippines
Spanish missionaries first set foot in Batangas City in 1572. The settlement was founded in 1581 and named "Batangan" because of the numerous big logs that abounded the Calumpang River. The logs were called "batang" by the natives who settled near the river and called the settlement "Batangan". This name was modified and became Batangas in 1601. Don Agustin Casilao was appointed as the first Gobernadorcillo. Since 1754, the city has been the capital and administrative center of the province. Batangas became a city in 1969 through Republic Act. No. 5495.
People of Batangas, Philippines
Registered Voters 1 (2010)= 1,118,425 Population (as of Aug 1, 2007)= 2,245,869
- Elected officials of Batangas Province for the term of 2013-2016
- Provincial Governor of Batangas: Rosa Vilma Santos Recto
- Provincial Vice-Governor of Batangas: Jose Antonio "Mark" Sermonia Leviste II
- House Representatives of Batangas:
- First District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Rosales, Roman Huertas
- Bausas, Ramon Ignaco
- Second District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Buted, Dexter Respicio
- Mari, Mario Vittorio Agregado
- Alvarez, Amelia Evangelista
- Third District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Corona, Alfredo Castillo
- Balba, Divina Gagalang
- Fourth District Sangguniang Panlalawigan (Provincial Board Members):
- Africa, Rowena Sombrano
- Bolilia, Amado Carlos Iv Alzola
- Virtusio, Mabelle Dimaculangan
- Elected officials of Batangas Province for the term of 2010-2013
- Provincial Governor: Rosa Vilma Santos Recto
- Provincial Vice-Governor: Jose Antonio Sermonia Leviste II
- House Representatives:
- Provincial Board Members:
Barangay Elected Officials of Batangas Province
Businesses in Batangas, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Batangas, you can list that property for free. Click to VIEW, EDIT, or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here.
- If you are a real estate developer, you can list your subdivision, condominiums, high rises, apartment complexes, shopping strips or malls, open market developments here for Free.
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Batangas, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to email@example.com
- List the Mosques or Masjid in Batangas here.
- List the Catholic churches and chapels in Batangas here.
- List the Methodist churches in Batangas here.
- List the Iglesia Ni Cristo churches in Batangas here.
- List the Seventh-day Adventist churches in Batangas here.
- List the Church of Jesus Christ Latter day Saints (Mormons) churches in Batangas here.
- List the Presbyterian churches in Batangas here.
- List the Baptist churches in Batangas here.
Schools in Batangas, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Batangas can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Batangas, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Batangas you can post that article here. If you come across any news item that talks about the economy of Batangas, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
If you have a job available and that job is within the Province of Batangas, Philippines, you may post it here.
Remember to be as descriptive as possible and to post your Company name, Contact person, physical address, email address and Phone number..
Post expiration of Job Application. Go ahead and Click to Insert your job offer in the "Jobs in Batangas Philippines" page.
Natural Resources of Batangas, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Batangas, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Batangas in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Batangas. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Batangas landmarks here.
The Plaza Mabini which is strategically located within the Poblacion is one of the two man-made parks in Batangas City. The Plaza which is dedicated to the Filipino people has a double lifesize bust statue of Apolinario Mabini which stands prominently at the center, was first conducted in 1951 and redesigned in 1964. The design of the park garnered the first prize award in the National Beautification Project Contest in 1969 for its landscaping and overall aesthetic urban form. Plaza Mabini was renovated thru the funds granted to the city government by the Philippine Tourism Authority 1993. The two water fountains were revived and the landscaping was improved. Benches for the existing stage were installed. A gazeebo and public restrooms were constructed in one corner of the Plaza.
Laurel Park is another man-made park situated at the Provincial Capitol Site in Barangay Kumintang Ibaba. The park boasts of a Multi-Purpose Center which can be either use as basketball court and a volleyball court and a dormitory for a seminar and meeting venues. A sculpture work entitled "Diwa ng Batangeuno" done in bronze/steel by the renowned sculpture, Ed Castrillo portrays the vitues of the Batanguenos such as nobility, industriousness, beauty and wisdom can be found also in the Laurel Park.
Directly fronting the Plaza Mabini is the Basilica of Immaculada Conception built from 1851-1857, its façade and interior is a stunning model of early Rennaissance architecture. On February 13, 1946, by a decree of the Holy Father, Pope Pious XII, the church was elevated to the "Basilica Minor" of the Infant Jesus and Immaculada Concepcion and was the first basilica to be vested that honor and priveledge in the Philippines and in the entire Far East. Through the efforts of the Sto. Nino Pastoral Foundation, a religious organization, the Batangas Church Museum was established with honor of the late Msgr. Clemente Yatco. Precious relics and century old books and statues can be found in the said museum. Other historical landmarks include in Batangas National High School (Circa 1902), St. Brigits College (Circa 1912), Provincial Capitol (Circa 1926) and the Batangas Regional Hospital (Circa 1928).
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Batangas, Philippines
Every city or municipality has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Batangas.
- Philippines’ Foreign Direct Investment Rises in November
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- MANILA—Foreign direct investment in the Philippines showed a net inflow of $464 million in November, a 16.4% increase from a year earlier, the central bank said Wednesday.
- The central bank attributed the higher figure to strong investor confidence due to the country’s sound economic fundamentals. The bank said a 27% increase, to $187 million, of foreign-companies investment in debt securities issued by their local units was the main contributor to foreign direct investment expansion in November ........ Full Story»
- PSEi seen targeting 6,800
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 12:05 am
- The local stock barometer is seen attempting to breach the 6,800 mark this week, the start of trading in the new Lunar Year of the Fire Monkey.
- Last week, the Philippine Stock Exchange index (PSEi) gained 1.16 percent to close on Friday at 6,765.13. Trading resumes today after the long weekend break ........ Full Story»
- 3 PSL bets cop MOS plum in Tokyo meet
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016 8:57 pm
- TOKYO: Three Philippine Swimming League (PSL) standouts claimed the Most Outstanding Swimmer awards in the 2016 Tokyo Winter Swimming Championship held at the St. Mary’s International School swimming pool here.
- Record-breakers Marc Bryan Dula of Weisenheimer Academy and Micaela Jasmine Mojdeh of Immaculate Heart of Mary College-Parañaque led the list of the awardees along with De La Salle-Zobel tanker Joey Del Rosario ................................ Full Story»
Batangas Zip Codes
- Source: Philippine Postal Corporation
- This table is Sortable by City/Municipality or by ZipCode
|Click on Icon to Sort
|Click on Icon to Sort
|4218||Fernando Air Base||Batangas|
|4223||Mataas na Kahoy||Batangas|
Batangas, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
The oldest living man or woman in Batangas, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest living man or woman is in Batangas? Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Batangas. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Living Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
- Do this so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Batangas.
- Copy and paste the code below in "green" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Batangas, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Batangas Province, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are from registered user collaborations. Information has also been taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.