Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
Batad Viejo •
Bulak Norte •
Bulak Sur •
Quiazan Florete •
Quiazan Lopez •
Santa Ana •
We ask the Barangay Chairman, to please Help update his/her barangay webpage with information updates or Picture Uploads to promote tourism and attract investors.
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Iloilo Province within Region VI in the Republic of The Philippines
Ajuy | Alimodian | Anilao | Badiangan | Balasan | Banate | Barotac Nuevo | Barotac Viejo | Batad | Bingawan | Cabatuan | Calinog | Carles | Concepcion | Dingle | Dueñas | Dumangas | Estancia | Guimbal | Igbaras | Janiuay | Lambunao | Leganes | Lemery | Leon | Maasin | Miagao | Mina | New Lucena | Oton | Pavia | Pototan | San Dionisio | San Enrique | San Joaquin | San Miguel | San Rafael | Santa Barbara | Sara | Tigbauan | Tubungan | Zarraga
Cities in the province of Iloilo: Iloilo City (Capital) | Passi City
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines|
Batad within Iloilo
Municipality Hall of Batad
Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
- Batad has a total of 24 barangays
- Registered Voters of Batad as of (2010) = 11,003
- Batad is in the "5th" Voting Congressional District of Iloilo.
- Population of Batad (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 18,298
- Land Area of Batad (as of 2007, in hectares) = 5,310
- Batad is a 5th class Municipality and Partially Urban.
- Batad is in the Iloilo province and within Region_VI in the Western Visayas Area in the eastern side of the island of panay
Geography of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
Batad Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 5,310
Location of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
The municipality of Batad is located in the northern tip of Iloilo Province, about 120 kilometers from the City of Iloilo. Prior to its becoming a municipality on October 30, 1949, Batad was an arabal of Balasan. Batad is composed of 24 barangays, 19 are inland while 5 are coastal area. It is bounded on the North by the municipalities of Balasan and Estancia on the West by the municipality of Pilar Capiz, on the south by the municipality of San Dionisio and by the Visayan Sea on the East.
History of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
The word Batad is a hiligaynon term for a sundial shell, which is abundant in several Philippine shores including Embarcadero a Barangay of Batad located along the seashore that was originally called "Dulangan". It must have been the first barangay discovered by Spanish explorers having given its Spanish name Embarcadero, a derivation from the Spanish word "EMBARCAR", or to embark. The name of Batad is derived from this small and beautiful sundial shell "BATA".
People of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- Batad Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 18,298
- Batad Registered Voters (2009) = 11,003
Elected government Officials of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected Officials of Batad for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Batad: Pedro Arevalo Alarcon - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Vice-Mayor of Batad: Harnie Barde Estebal Sr. - UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO
- Councilors of Batad:
- BALIDA, ESTONG (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 3400 7.99%
- ESPINOSA, ARCLOYD (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 3198 7.51%
- MACHAN, TING (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 2988 7.02%
- ARCOSA, CRESENCIO (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 2960 6.95%
- VARGAS, EDGAR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY / UGYON 2909 6.83%
- ASONG, RONALD (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 2764 6.49%
- ARGEL, ROB (UNA) UNITED NATIONALIST ALLIANCE / ABYAN ILONGGO 2612 6.14%
- BALETE, SANTOS JR. INDEPENDENT 2567 6.03%
- Elected Officials of Batad for the term of 2007-2010
- Mayor of Batad: Elvira Panes Alarcon
- Vice-Mayor of Batad: Harnie Sr. Barde Estebal
- Councilors of Batad:
Barangay Elected Officials of Batad, Iloilo for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate or Properties for Sale or lease in Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Batad, you can list that property for free.
- Click to VIEW, EDIT or ADD Realty Listings.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
School year 2014-2015 starts June 2, 2014 and ends March 27, 2015, for public elementary and secondary schools. The school year will have 201 school days, of which 180 days are “nonnegotiable” student-teacher contact time.
The name of your school in Batad can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Batad you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Batad, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Batad in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Batad. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Batad landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Batad.
Your Story about Batad, Iloilo, Philippines
Tell your story about Batad. You can talk about the good things in Batad or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Batad. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Batad, Iloilo, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Batad.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Batad, Iloilo Photo Gallery]]
[[Category:Iloilo, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Batad, Iloilo, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.
Our Fund Raiser
Zamboanga.com does not get any donations from anyone so we have to come up with our own fund raising. We affiliated ourselves with some commercial online stores to market their products here. We in return get a commission on sales made. Your patronage will be greatly appreciated.