Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Angas • Bactas • Binatagan • Caayunan • Guinatungan • Hinampacan • Langa • Laniton • Lidong • Mampili • Mandazo • Mangcamagong • Manmuntay • Mantugawe • Matnog • Mocong • Oliva • Pagsangahan • Pinagwarasan • Plaridel • Poblacion 1 • Poblacion 2 • San Felipe • San Jose • San Pascual • Taba-taba • Tacad • Taisan • Tuaca
|Adopt this webpage. Help your community get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Help us improve this webpage.|
List of Municipalities in the Camarines Norte Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Basud | Capalonga | Daet (Capital) | Jose Panganiban | Labo | Mercedes | Paracale | San Lorenzo Ruiz | San Vicente | Santa Elena | Talisay | Vinzons
Municipal Seal of Basud, Camarines Norte
Please upload Picture
Basud, Camarines Norte Map Locator
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Camarines Norte Province|
Camarines Norte Province within The Philippines
In as few as 45 minutes a child or anyone can be saved from a lifetime of pain, shame and isolation. You can give them a chance to go to school, make friends and have a bright future. For as little as 100 pesos you can help provide a surgery for a child suffering from a cleft palate or cleft lip(harelip).
One act of random kindness at a time.Visit our website: B.O.S.S.
Municipal Hall Building of Basud, Camarines Norte
- Basud has a total of 29 barangays
- Registered Voters of Basud as of (2010) = 19,281
- Population of Basud (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 36,763
- Land Area of Basud (as of 2007, in hectares) = 26,028
- Basud is a 3rd class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Basud is in the Camarines Norte province and within Region_V in the island of luzon in the Bicol Region.
Geography of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Basud Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 26,028
Location of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
History of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The municipal government of Basud, Camarines Norte was formally established in 1902. One Antonio Quiñones was appointed as its president. He was later succeeded by Exequiel Era, the first elected president. In 1920, the municipal building was constructed at Poblacion Uno and the police headquarters was co-located at the first floor of the building including the jail. On the same year, the Police Department was officially organized with Fausto Samonte its first Chief of Police with five (5) members.
The mayor then was Porferio Quiñones. In 1940, COP Samonte resigned. His successor was Severino De Velez who was appointed during the term of Mayor Esteban Sumil. During the term of Marcos Flores Sr, he appointed Rafael Quiñones as COP up to 1945. When the Americans finally liberated the Philippines from the Japanese occupation forces in 1945, a semi- civil government known as PICAO was established. Vice Mayor Cosme Nery and all other elected and appointed officials were called back to assume their respective posts. Evaristo Dumamay was appointed COP with seven (7) men up to the term of Mayor Floro Quiñones.
In the second term of Floro Quiñones, Elias Obina was appointed Chief of Police with the same strength. Mayor Ramon Gutierrez was elected and he appointed Rafael Echano, but the latter resigned and Elias Obina was reappointed as COP. In 1959, the newly elected Mayor Marcos y Flores Jr reappointed COP Rafael Echano. This time, the police force was composed of ten (10) members. During his term, COP Echano resigned and was replaced by his brother Cesar Echano. But for the reason of self advancement, Cesar Echano also resigned from his position. The most ranking policeman in the force was designated Officer-In-charge in the person of Cpl Jaime S Paño. Additional positions were created to meet the increasing need for police service raising its personnel to fifteen (15). In 1972 when Mayor Silverio F Quiñones won the election, Cpl Jaime s. Paño remained as the Officer-In-Charge until the advent of Police Integration in 1975 pursuant to PD 765. Basud Police Department then was renamed Basud Police station which was under the supervision and control of the PC/INP Provincial commander.
In effect, the former locally appointed policemen become national employees by virtue of said police integration. As such, assignment of COP, who was renamed Station Commander, became prerogative of the PC/INP Provincial Commander. The first police officer to be assigned as Station Commander of Basud Police Station was PLT ROMULO ZA JAMITO. He served for only a year. He was followed by PLT ISAURO J PURA in 1979. In 1981, PLT ARNULFO ZENAROSA succeeded LT PURA up to July 13, 1982. On July 13, 1982, PLT BAYANI D AGUILAR was designated as Station Commander replacing Captain ZENAROSA. The former served up to May 18, 1983 with fifteen personnel. The municipality was then confronted with the twin problems of criminality and insurgency. Later, on May 19, 1983, PLT ROMEO T AVELLANA replaces LT AGUILAR. The CPP/NPA by then was operating actively in the province.
On June 15, 1983 bad fate struck the municipality of Basud. Heavily armed NPA rebels who were superior in number raided the municipal hall and the police station, carting away several high powered FAs and ammunitions from the police armory and cash money from the treasury vault. The Policemen, being then outnumbered and caught by surprise, did not put up a fight. As a consequence, LT AVELLANA was relieved and was replaced by PSGT Jesus Tuibeo. On November 16, 1983, Sgt Tuibeo was replaced by CAPT MODESTO C SENDON. He served the force up to 03 December 1985. He was replaced by PLT RODEGELIO B GERERO, a product of PNPA. Then on 05 March 1987, LT GERERO was replaced by LT RODOLFO C GOMEZ. However, he did not stay long as Station Commander and he was replaced by LT ANTONIO J FREYRA. Just like the term of LT GERERO, LT FREYRA saw several encounters against armed NPA rebels in the municipality resulting to death and capture of a number of CTS/NPA. Luckily, no casualty was recorded in the part of Basud Police Station on those series of encounters.
As a matter of command policy, LT FREYRA was replaced by LT FELIPE NAPOLES JR. The latter served up to July 1991 until he was replaced by CAPT RODEGELIO B GERERO. Capt RODEGELIO B GERERO was replaced by PLT ROMEO C ROSERO and served from 1995-1996. He was followed by PLT MARLON TEJADA from 1997-1998. In the year 1998- February 2000, PSINSP VIRGILIO DUMAPIAS headed the police Station, on February 2000, PSINSP VIRGILIO DUMAPIAS was relieved and was replaced by PSINSP OSCAR N MASE as the Chief of Police with the longer term from 2000 up to September 2003.On May 2, 2003, the Basud Municipal Police Station was transferred at Poblacion Dos. It was constructed through the effort of the Local Government of Basud and funded by Hon. Congressman Renato Unico Jr. On September 2003, PSINSP OSCAR N MASE was replaced by PSUPT JACINTO CULVER SISON with a total strength of twenty seven (27) personnel. PSUPT JACINTO CULVER SISON headed the Basud Municipal Police Station for one year.
On September 2004, PINSP EDUARDO GOLEZ assigned in this Station for only a month and it was followed by PSINSP ROMEL ARTURO S INFANTE on October 2004 up to March 2006. On March 28, 2006, PSUPT RODEGELIO B GERERO took over the command up to August 2, 2006 and was replaced by PINSP MELITO ROQUID ABEJERO. As a matter of command policy, PINSP MELITO ROQUID ABEJERO was relieved on September 12, 2006 and he was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON as the Chief of Police. On December 2007, PSINSP EUGENIO HAYAGAN EXTREMADURA was designated as Officer-In-Charge until March 2008 and was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON who was again designated as Chief of Police of Basud MPS. On June 12, 2009 PSINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON was relieved and replaced by PSINSP ROMUALDO MANGAMPO PESONILA SR as the Officer-In-Charge up to November 6, 2009 and PSINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON assumed as Acting, Chief of Police. The latter served up to July 21, 2010 and he was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO IDEA PEREZ and designated as Officer-In-Charge up to present. (source of article verbatim from: http://basudmps.ifastnet.com/history.php)
People of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Basud Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 36,763
- Basud Registered Voters (2009) = 19,281
Local Government Unit LGU of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Basud for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Basud: DAVOCOL, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Basud: BARRAMEDA, RAMIR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Basud:
- PRESADO, NONO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7385 8.30%
- MORALES, EDGAR (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 7178 8.07%
- GARCIA, REY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 6827 7.67%
- BUGAGAO, BITOY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 6798 7.64%
- SAMONTE, RON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 6293 7.07%
- ARANA, OBET (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5924 6.66%
- SALGADO, DIVINE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5913 6.65%
- FLORES, MALYN (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 5800 6.52%
- Elected officials of Basud for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Basud: Dominador Samonte Davocol Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Basud: Helen Zepeda Mendiola
- Councilors of Basud:
Barangay Elected Officials of Basud, Camarines Norte for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- How to Improve Your Business and Livelihood
The Philippine Livelihood Program: The Philippine government provides several programs to enhance the livelihood of the Filipino people. The department of Science and Technology through its Technology Research Center (TRC) regurlarly conducts various types of hands-on and personalized training programs.
- DOST - Website
- UPLiFT stands for Urban Program for Livelihood Finance and Training. - Website
- DSWD Pro-poor and Livelihood Programs - Website
Take a picture of your Business (from a Sari-Sari Store to a Mega Mall). Upload that picture here in zamboanga.com and that picture can immediately be your business webpage. It is that easy. Here are two examples of how a picture becomes the webpage of the business: Twins Fried Chicken Restaurant and ABC Shopping Center
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Possible Businesses
- Auto, Trucks, Motorcycle and Bicycle dealers
- Banks, Lending Firms, Pawnshops, and Financial Institutions
- Clinics, Veterinary Clinics and Hospitals
- Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Agri-Vets
- Convenient Stores, Hardware and Supplies, General Stores, Sari-Sari Stores, Internet-Cafes
- Department Stores and Appliance Stores
- Supermarket, wet market, Fish Markets
- Hotels, Motels, Pension Houses, Boarding houses and Resorts
- Repair Shops: Shoe repair, Cellphone, Bikes (bicycles), motorcycles etc...
- Restaurants, Carenderias, Coffee Shops, and Bakeries (Bakeshops)
- Salons, Spas, Beauty Shops and Barber Shops
- Gas Stations, Water Stations, Propane Stations
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Basud, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. Take a picture of the facade of your church or place of worship and it can be posted here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. You can enter the data here yourself or email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
School year 2015-2016 starts Monday, June 1, 2015 and ends Friday, April 1, 2016, for public elementary and secondary schools. The SY will consist of 201 school days, inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training (INSET) break. The different school events and activities, including the number of school days per quarter, are contained in Enclosure No. 1. Source: Department of Education
The name of your school in Basud can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Jobs in Basud Camarines Norte
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Basud you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Basud, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Basud in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Basud. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Basud landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Basud.
Your Story about Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Create you own personal page about the barangay in the municipality or City you live in. Title it like so: "Mybarangay, MyCityMunicipality, Myprovince, Philippines by MyFirstname Mylastname". You can update and edit this page anytime and anyway you want. It does not have to follow the standard format of the main wiki. It is your page. A link to your page will be inserted in this main barangay page. Here is an example page.
You can talk about your personal experiences, your advocacies, the environmental conditions of your barangay, municipality, city or province.
The oldest man or woman in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Do you know who the oldest man or woman is in your community of Basud. Zamboanga.com is starting this inquiry in order to honor the older generation of the Philippines. Please provide the full name and date of birth of the elder living in Basud. We will then post your entry in the Oldest Man or Woman in the Philippines page.
Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be shown in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages. Your 2015 Cycling Race or Activity can be Posted here.
- ILOILO CITY, April 27-May 2, 2015 (PNA) – Some 5,000 bikers are expected to join the second Iloilo Bike Festival slated April 27-May 2, 2015 as the city continues to aspire to become a bike-able walkable metropolis. The activity that supported by the John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University (JBLFMU) and Megaworld Iloilo aims to promote Iloilo as a safe and bike friendly city, promote the share-a-road movement encourage Ilonggos to commute via biking and raise Ilonggos awareness on the benefits of biking on health, safety and environment concerns. Read More....
- CYCLING Le Tour de Filipinas 2015 set as country celebrates 60 years of top-caliber cycling Feb 1 to Feb 4 2015 - View the result of the race: A four stage race. Stage 1 starts in Balanga and back to Balanga for a 126K race Feb 1, 2015 (Sunday); stage 2 starts in Balanga, Bataan to Iba, Zambales for a 154.7 K race Feb 2, 2015 (Monday); stage 3 starts in Iba, Zambales to Lingayen, Pangasinan for a 150.1K race Feb 3, 2015 (Tuesday); stage 4 starts in Lingayen, Pangasinan to Baguio City, Benguet for a 101.7K race Feb 4, 2015 (Wednesday). For a total distance of 532.5 Kms. Read More >>>
- Ronda Pilipinas: Feb 8 - 27 2015:>> Discovering young riders for the national team will be the main objective of the LBC Ronda Pilipinas 2015 when the country’s premiere cycling race hits the road on Feb. 8 in Butuan City. Ronda Pilipinas executive project director Moe Chulani said the international multistage bikathon, which ends on Feb. 27, will have two qualifying legs of four stages each in Mindanao and the Visayas where the top riders will advance to face a tough foreign challenge in the six-stage Luzon finale. Read More>>>
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Basud.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Basud, Camarines Norte, Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Camarines Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the Department of Tourism, Comelec, National Statistical Coordination Board, DILG: Department of the Interior and Local Government, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.