Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Angas • Bactas • Binatagan • Caayunan • Guinatungan • Hinampacan • Langa • Laniton • Lidong • Mampili • Mandazo • Mangcamagong • Manmuntay • Mantugawe • Matnog • Mocong • Oliva • Pagsangahan • Pinagwarasan • Plaridel • Poblacion 1 • Poblacion 2 • San Felipe • San Jose • San Pascual • Taba-taba • Tacad • Taisan • Tuaca
- If you do not have a community website yet, no need to create your own community website. We have already done it for you. Just adopt this site then any registered user can maintain the site. No need for special IT training. Most of all zamboanga.com is here to help you. It is all FREE.
- If you already have your own site, use this site as a supplement. You will get more exposure to TOURISTS and INVESTORS. Link to it specially for the barangay pages.
- If you have a Facebook Page (Social Media site), supplement it with this WIKI page (Information Dissemination site). It will help promote your LGU.
- Most importantly all the regions, provinces, cities, municipalities, and barangays are linked. Nobody else in the world has this. Nobody!
List of Municipalities in the Camarines Norte Province within Region V in the Republic of The Philippines
Basud | Capalonga | Daet (Capital) | Jose Panganiban | Labo | Mercedes | Paracale | San Lorenzo Ruiz | San Vicente | Santa Elena | Talisay | Vinzons
Municipal Seal of Basud, Camarines Norte
Please upload Picture
Basud, Camarines Norte Map Locator
|Interactive Google Satellite Map of Camarines Norte Province|
Camarines Norte Province within The Philippines
Municipal Hall Building of Basud, Camarines Norte
- Basud has a total of 29 barangays
- Registered Voters of Basud as of (2010) = 19,281
- Population of Basud (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 36,763
- Land Area of Basud (as of 2007, in hectares) = 26,028
- Basud is a 3rd class municipality and Partially Urban.
- Basud is in the Camarines Norte province and within Region_V in the island of luzon in the Bicol Region.
Geography of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Basud Land Area (as of 2007, in hectares)= 26,028
Location of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
History of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The municipal government of Basud, Camarines Norte was formally established in 1902. One Antonio Quiñones was appointed as its president. He was later succeeded by Exequiel Era, the first elected president. In 1920, the municipal building was constructed at Poblacion Uno and the police headquarters was co-located at the first floor of the building including the jail. On the same year, the Police Department was officially organized with Fausto Samonte its first Chief of Police with five (5) members.
The mayor then was Porferio Quiñones. In 1940, COP Samonte resigned. His successor was Severino De Velez who was appointed during the term of Mayor Esteban Sumil. During the term of Marcos Flores Sr, he appointed Rafael Quiñones as COP up to 1945. When the Americans finally liberated the Philippines from the Japanese occupation forces in 1945, a semi- civil government known as PICAO was established. Vice Mayor Cosme Nery and all other elected and appointed officials were called back to assume their respective posts. Evaristo Dumamay was appointed COP with seven (7) men up to the term of Mayor Floro Quiñones.
In the second term of Floro Quiñones, Elias Obina was appointed Chief of Police with the same strength. Mayor Ramon Gutierrez was elected and he appointed Rafael Echano, but the latter resigned and Elias Obina was reappointed as COP. In 1959, the newly elected Mayor Marcos y Flores Jr reappointed COP Rafael Echano. This time, the police force was composed of ten (10) members. During his term, COP Echano resigned and was replaced by his brother Cesar Echano. But for the reason of self advancement, Cesar Echano also resigned from his position. The most ranking policeman in the force was designated Officer-In-charge in the person of Cpl Jaime S Paño. Additional positions were created to meet the increasing need for police service raising its personnel to fifteen (15). In 1972 when Mayor Silverio F Quiñones won the election, Cpl Jaime s. Paño remained as the Officer-In-Charge until the advent of Police Integration in 1975 pursuant to PD 765. Basud Police Department then was renamed Basud Police station which was under the supervision and control of the PC/INP Provincial commander.
In effect, the former locally appointed policemen become national employees by virtue of said police integration. As such, assignment of COP, who was renamed Station Commander, became prerogative of the PC/INP Provincial Commander. The first police officer to be assigned as Station Commander of Basud Police Station was PLT ROMULO ZA JAMITO. He served for only a year. He was followed by PLT ISAURO J PURA in 1979. In 1981, PLT ARNULFO ZENAROSA succeeded LT PURA up to July 13, 1982. On July 13, 1982, PLT BAYANI D AGUILAR was designated as Station Commander replacing Captain ZENAROSA. The former served up to May 18, 1983 with fifteen personnel. The municipality was then confronted with the twin problems of criminality and insurgency. Later, on May 19, 1983, PLT ROMEO T AVELLANA replaces LT AGUILAR. The CPP/NPA by then was operating actively in the province.
On June 15, 1983 bad fate struck the municipality of Basud. Heavily armed NPA rebels who were superior in number raided the municipal hall and the police station, carting away several high powered FAs and ammunitions from the police armory and cash money from the treasury vault. The Policemen, being then outnumbered and caught by surprise, did not put up a fight. As a consequence, LT AVELLANA was relieved and was replaced by PSGT Jesus Tuibeo. On November 16, 1983, Sgt Tuibeo was replaced by CAPT MODESTO C SENDON. He served the force up to 03 December 1985. He was replaced by PLT RODEGELIO B GERERO, a product of PNPA. Then on 05 March 1987, LT GERERO was replaced by LT RODOLFO C GOMEZ. However, he did not stay long as Station Commander and he was replaced by LT ANTONIO J FREYRA. Just like the term of LT GERERO, LT FREYRA saw several encounters against armed NPA rebels in the municipality resulting to death and capture of a number of CTS/NPA. Luckily, no casualty was recorded in the part of Basud Police Station on those series of encounters.
As a matter of command policy, LT FREYRA was replaced by LT FELIPE NAPOLES JR. The latter served up to July 1991 until he was replaced by CAPT RODEGELIO B GERERO. Capt RODEGELIO B GERERO was replaced by PLT ROMEO C ROSERO and served from 1995-1996. He was followed by PLT MARLON TEJADA from 1997-1998. In the year 1998- February 2000, PSINSP VIRGILIO DUMAPIAS headed the police Station, on February 2000, PSINSP VIRGILIO DUMAPIAS was relieved and was replaced by PSINSP OSCAR N MASE as the Chief of Police with the longer term from 2000 up to September 2003.On May 2, 2003, the Basud Municipal Police Station was transferred at Poblacion Dos. It was constructed through the effort of the Local Government of Basud and funded by Hon. Congressman Renato Unico Jr. On September 2003, PSINSP OSCAR N MASE was replaced by PSUPT JACINTO CULVER SISON with a total strength of twenty seven (27) personnel. PSUPT JACINTO CULVER SISON headed the Basud Municipal Police Station for one year.
On September 2004, PINSP EDUARDO GOLEZ assigned in this Station for only a month and it was followed by PSINSP ROMEL ARTURO S INFANTE on October 2004 up to March 2006. On March 28, 2006, PSUPT RODEGELIO B GERERO took over the command up to August 2, 2006 and was replaced by PINSP MELITO ROQUID ABEJERO. As a matter of command policy, PINSP MELITO ROQUID ABEJERO was relieved on September 12, 2006 and he was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON as the Chief of Police. On December 2007, PSINSP EUGENIO HAYAGAN EXTREMADURA was designated as Officer-In-Charge until March 2008 and was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON who was again designated as Chief of Police of Basud MPS. On June 12, 2009 PSINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON was relieved and replaced by PSINSP ROMUALDO MANGAMPO PESONILA SR as the Officer-In-Charge up to November 6, 2009 and PSINSP ANTONIO YANTO LACSON assumed as Acting, Chief of Police. The latter served up to July 21, 2010 and he was replaced by PINSP ANTONIO IDEA PEREZ and designated as Officer-In-Charge up to present. (source of article verbatim from: http://basudmps.ifastnet.com/history.php)
People of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Basud Population (as of Aug 1, 2007) = 36,763
- Basud Registered Voters (2009) = 19,281
Local Government Unit LGU of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The Sangguniang Panlungsod is composed of the City (Municipality) Vice-Mayor as Presiding Officer, regular Sanggunian members (Councilors), the President of the Association of Barangay Captains and the President of the Sangguniang Kabataan.
They shall exercise and perform the legislative powers and duties as provided for under Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991. Shall consider and conduct thorough study all matters brought to their attention and consequently pass resolutions, enact ordinances and to introduce recommendations.
- Elected officials of Basud for the term of 2013-2016
- Mayor of Basud: DAVOCOL, JUN (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Vice-Mayor of Basud: BARRAMEDA, RAMIR (LP) LIBERAL PARTY
- Councilors of Basud:
- PRESADO, NONO (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 7385 8.30%
- MORALES, EDGAR (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 7178 8.07%
- GARCIA, REY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 6827 7.67%
- BUGAGAO, BITOY (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 6798 7.64%
- SAMONTE, RON (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 6293 7.07%
- ARANA, OBET (NUP) NATIONAL UNITY PARTY 5924 6.66%
- SALGADO, DIVINE (LP) LIBERAL PARTY 5913 6.65%
- FLORES, MALYN (LAKAS) LAKAS CHRISTIAN MUSLIM DEMOCRATS 5800 6.52%
- Elected officials of Basud for the term of 2010-2013
- Mayor of Basud: Dominador Samonte Davocol Jr.
- Vice-Mayor of Basud: Helen Zepeda Mendiola
- Councilors of Basud:
Barangay Elected Officials of Basud, Camarines Norte for the term of 2010-2013
Businesses in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- We invite you to list your business located in Basud.
- Give your business a good description. Add your address and contact number if available.
- Resorts, restaurants, pension houses, or hotels are welcome to be listed here.
- Bakery, Mechanical Shop, Bicycle Shop, Tailor shops can be listed here.
- If you have a pharmacy or gas station, it can be listed here too.
- Hardware stores, Agrivets, salon, spas, etc. are welcome to be listed.
- We do not allow external links except for our sponsors zamboanga.com and maletsky.com. If you have an external site for your business you may not link to it in Z-Wiki but you can point to it. e.g. list it like this: www.my??business.com - this tells the people of your website but it does not link to it.
- Businesses in Basud
- The name of your business, address, phone number
Real Estate for Sale or lease in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- If you have real estate property, whether its commercial, residential, farm land, or just an empty lot in Basud, you can list that property for FREE HERE in Z-wiki.
- You can list your House and lot or farm land for sale or lease for free here in Z-Wiki
Churches, Mosques, or Places of Worship in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The name of your church, mosque, or place of worship can be listed here. We can even provide you with a free webpage. We can help you.
Schools in Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
The name of your school in Basud can be listed here. You can list it like this:
- Name of School. Private or Public. It can be an elementary school, high school, college.
- Address of your school
- Telephone Number
- Principal of the school
You can also create a webpage for your school. We can help you.
Economy of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Jobs in Basud Camarines Norte
- If you have an article that talks about the improvement of the economy of Basud you can post that article here. If you come across any news items that talk about the economy of Basud, you may post it here. Of course you have to reference the writer of the article. Any improvement to transportation, power and service usually improves the economy of the community, so go ahead and report that too.
Natural Resources of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Protect the environment
It is sad but true that as of the year 2012 the rivers of the Philippines continue to be the #1 Sewer Systems of the Philippines.
Protect & Save the Rivers. Do not let your sewer drain into the river. Your community can be the first to initiate this project.
Build your riverbank protection with a built-in gutter system. Reforest within Ten Years - Guaranteed!
Let us plant more trees in every barangay in the entire Philippines. It does not make any difference if the barangay is urban, partially urban or rural; we need more trees. Trees will prevent erosion, provide oxygen, prevent green house effect, and even a place of business for the shade tree mechanic.
The Philippines is a tropical country and practically anything will grow. The DENR has the planting trees project that goes on every year. Lots of picture taking for the media. Planting trees one by one is the "human" way of doing it. This individual planting of trees is good if done to "line" the roads and highways with trees or along fences or property divisions, or if you have a plantation.
To reforest the nation of the Philippines we have to plant trees the "mother nature" way. Sow the seeds during the rainy season. Go deep into "bald" forests and plant trees by sowing seeds. If there's not enough volunteers to do this, use the military helicopters to fly over the designated areas and sow the seeds.
Guaranteed within a few years, The Philippines will be lush again. >>Read More
We are using our rivers as our sewer system. If you ask a Filipino, "Are the Filipinos a clean people?" The answer is an automatic, "Yes!". However, the Filipinos are suffering from the same disease or attitude as most people do, and that is the "NIMBY" disease or "NIMBY" attitude. (NIMBY) Not In My Back Yard. So it is OK to dump my garbage and sewer there. Not mine! Someone else will take care of it.
This attitude is killing our rivers. Your great-grandparents, grandparents or parents were once proud to tell the stories of how they enjoyed swimming in the river behind your house or nearby. However, you can't say the same or tell the same stories to your kids or grand kids. Why? Because your generation is killing the river.
- Secretary Ramon J. P. Paje
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources
- Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1100 Quezon City, Philippines
We have so much water in the Philippines and yet very little to drink.
Instead of relying too much on Diesel fuel and Coal to generate the majority of Philippine's Electrical energy Supply, we can concentrate more on renewable and sustainable source of energy such as: Hydro Power, Solar Power, and Wind Power. We have too many black outs.
Tourists Attractions of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
- Help us add some of the tourist attractions of Basud in Z-wiki. This will help boost the local economy of Basud. Anything that is unique or anything that stands out in your community may be a tourist attraction.
- Landmarks are usually photographed a lot by visitors. Post the Basud landmarks here.
Festivals, Fiestas and Traditions of Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Every city has some sort of a festival or tradition that is celebrated every year. In the Philippines almost all barangays that are predominantly populated by Christians celebrate fiesta. Tell us about the festivals, fiestas and traditions of Basud.
Your Story about Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines
Tell your story about Basud. You can talk about the good things in Basud or simply talk about the past. You can talk about the eco-system of Basud. What is the local LGU doing about the preservation of your natural resources? The topic can start here and once it gets bigger it can have a page of its own in Z-Wiki. It's all up to you.
Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines supports Philippine Cycling
Philippine Cycling is about cycling in the Philippnes. Philippine Cycling helps promote bike races, cycling clubs, bicycle tours, and the development of bicycle trails. Activities are coordinated with bike shops and cycling clubs throughout the Philippines to promote the fun of riding bikes. Philippine Cycling will be coordinating events with tour of Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Road biking and mountain bikings will be promoted by Philippine Cycling.
Cycling Activity to Participate In
Your cycling activity can be posted here and it will be posted in all the Provincial, City, Municipal and Barangay pages
- Do the following so your photo upload will be properly categorized for Basud.
- Copy and paste the code below in "GREEN" to the body or "Summary" of the image file that you are uploading.
[[Category:Basud, Camarines Norte, Photo and Image Gallery]]
[[Category:Camarines Norte, Philippines Photo Gallery]]
*[[Basud, Camarines Norte, Philippines]]
Most of the contents in this site are taken from the department of tourism, comelec, natioanal statistical board, DILG, (LGU) government sites, online news, and other content sites about the specific community. This page does not serve as the official website of the community but rather compliments and helps the community to promote tourism and attract investors.
This is an interactive and collaborative webpage, meant to help promote this community and showcase it to the world via the internet.
This wiki page follows a format. The editor of this wiki page reserves the right to change formats, edit, or delete entries that may be considered as offensive, vulgar or not for the betterment of this wiki page.